Poor Omar | The Boneyard

Poor Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just feel badly for the kid, he stayed with us when all of the bull was surrounding the program and he played pretty well as a freshman but his regression as a player is like nothing I've ever seen. I won't give up on him because he didn't give up on us but the poor kid no longer resembles a D1 bball player. Kid needs to figure out his game in the offseason.

Reaction Score
beating-a-dead-horse.jpeg

Reaction Score
I will say this, he has maintained a positive attitude throughout all of this. Which is a testament to his character. So I am rooting for him as well and feel really bad for him. But he simply doesn't deserve to ever play. He is beyond bad at this point. He can't even dribble anymore

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, he needs a change of scenery to get back on track.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
My god this is so fcking annoying. The kid has been injured literally the whole year and now gets no burn barely. He takes open looks nothing's forced.

Reaction Score
He average 11 a game last year. Now he hasn't hit a tree since January.

Reaction Score
My god this is so ing annoying. The kid has been injured literally the whole year and now gets no burn barely. He takes open looks nothing's forced.

If he were injured he wouldn't be playing. Perhaps his game has changed as a result of prior injury and recovery, but to say his struggles are a result of a current injury is just sugarcoating the situation. Similarly, saying DD's lack of assertiveness is a consequence of injury is letting him off the hook for soft play.

Reaction Score
Another shot today that was in and out. It's lack of confidence. He does need to work on the dribble.

Reaction Score
OMG SMH at this thread, some uconn fans need to get another hobby

Reaction Score
He and Daniels both have the same problem: they can't dribble. I feel like it is going to get stolen or stripped away every time he puts the ball on the floor. It is somewhat understandable since he was obviously limited in the off-season, but he needs to spend hours upon hours of time in the gym this summer working on that handle.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The board has been saying he never recovered from his hip surgeries in the offseason even though Omar has said he's completely healthy.
And his wrist injury and concussion symptoms while being replaced with kromah and giff essentially limiting or making his playing time nonexistent

Reaction Score
I've been quiet on Omar all year but was disappointed that Coach played him so much tonight let alone at all. I am not sure what the outrage is when a poster says Omar should not play. Right now he does not have the skills to see the court. I admire KO's loyalty but playing Calhoun is not a wise decision.

Reaction Score
I've been quiet on Omar all year but was disappointed that Coach played him so much tonight let alone at all. I am not sure what the outrage is when a poster says Omar should not play. Right now he does not have the skills to see the court. I admire KO's loyalty but playing Calhoun is not a wise decision.
Exactly! At least Kromah gives us defense and TS give us energy. OC just looks overmatched and he should never drive again. Please, never!!!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I couldn't figure out why Calhoun was playing fairly significant minutes instead of Samuel. Every time he touched the ball something bad happened. Coupled with the disappearance of Kromah offensively, we don't have much depth at the guard position anymore. Boatright and Napier looked a little worn down tonight from playing so many minutes three days in a row. At least if we make an NCAA tourney run, it's not nearly as brutal as three games in three days when you've got no reliable backups for any significant minutes.

Reaction Score
Threads like this makes me wish Selvie was still playing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Most people are just tired of hearing it. The over/under on the number of times the above sentiment has been posted has to be over 500. Has to.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
He does do some things I wish other players would do. Last game he got to the rim and set Brimah up for the tap in, even if it was circus like. And he has the confidence to put a shot up. Sometimes I think even Shabazz will pass up a good shots. Omar won't. Problem is, his 3s are dismal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom