Poll: How far from “home” do you live right now? | The Boneyard

Poll: How far from “home” do you live right now?

How far do you live from the city you were born?

• Same town

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Less than 10 miles away

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Less than an hour away

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • More than an hour away in the US

Votes: 143 57.4%
  • Outside the US

Votes: 11 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A discussion in another thread brought up humans and change management. So how far do you currently live from where you were born?

Reaction Score
I currently live in the town I was born. Never lived here when I was a kid
The same is true for me. I live about 45 minutes from where I grew up, but was born in the city I live in now. I didn't move here until I was 43.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Another question to that is when did you depart - after HS, college, first, second, or subsequent job? Me, I thought it would be best if I put either a pair of mountain ranges or an ocean between me and my family as soon as possible. And I have done that since HS.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Another question to that is when did you depart - after HS, college, first, second, or subsequent job? Me, I thought it would be best if I put either a pair of mountain ranges or an ocean between me and my family as soon as possible. And I have done that since HS.

Not good questions. Anything that involves answers that are often used as security questions shouldn't be asked or answered.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not good questions. Anything that involves answers that are often used as security questions shouldn't be asked or answered.
That stinks.

I guess I won't be asking:

"What was your first Pet's name?"
"What street did you grow up on?
"What's your mother's maiden name?"

Reaction Score
A discussion in another thread brought up humans and change management. So how far do you currently live from where you were born?
About 2,800 miles away. Grew up in Monroe Ct currently live in Kelowna British Columbia Canada. Believe it or not, there are UConn fans up here!

Reaction Score
Live 20 min walk from neighborhood I grew up in.

Spent 8 years elsewhere in between

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
About 40 mins. Same for my wife, which was by design. Close enough that the grandparents can provide child care/be part of our kids lives, but far enough that the grandparents will not just want to drop in on a whim.

Reaction Score
I was born/grew up in CT near the RI border, then I went to UConn, then my family moved to a Hartford suburb east of the river, then I moved out to a Hartford suburb west of the river. Progressively have been moving west, I guess.

Reaction Score

After high school...about an hour and a half away. I didn't need an ocean between me and my family, I just didn't want them dropping in unannounced

Reaction Score
Born in Waterbury Hospital.
Grew up in Morris.
Moved to VA in 2004 to be closer to a brother who was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer.

I miss CT like crazy. Especially being a Sox, Celtic, Bruins, and of course Husky fan. Loved the rivaleries and talking in general about sports. New England fans are rabid, but more than not they are very knowledable. Down here, it's Football or nothing for most people.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I was nicknamed the monster of montville while in high school for my aggressive driving style and other things. Once you get respect like that, there’s no reason to ever leave.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
777 miles.

Weird. Although not a frequent drinker and can count on one hand the number of times I drank enough to get drunk I did once drink 7 7&7s (or so I was told) which was one of those times.

The elevation at the front doorstep of my condo is 2222 feet.

rgw

Reaction Score
1050 miles door to door Franklin TN to Windsor Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22