Please help BIG | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Please help BIG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pete, not that my post will give you any comfort or ease your concerns, but I know for certain that Susan and Warde not only realize how important this topic is, but they are both working - very smartly and discreetly - to remedy it. They're just not doing it through the media or public channels (no selfies of them giving duck face while standing with the Prez of OU). There is no guarentee it will all play out the way we all want (although I am confident it will), but I know they are working the hell out of it. It just sucks sitting in the position we are in today.

Assuming you want into the B1G and are actively being considered (even if it's a Rutgers-style "you're in when the timing's right") then absolute silence is your friend and the very best sign of your future. It you're ever alone in a room with Susan and Warde, and catch the faint scent of Delany bowel wafting off the tips of their noses, that's a good sign, too.

Reaction Score
The ACC is not a great football conference..it is adequate. Most eastern conferences have been disadvantaged against the SEC and Big 10 when it comes to football. That won't change.

FSU, Clemson, NC State, VT would all love an SEC invite and I could see some AAU ACC schools jumping at a B1G invite (and thus the GOR-$50 million Exit fee).

Of the eastern powers, the SEC and B1G have more "biggies" than the ACC.

Because of that disparity, the ACC will lag in actual strength and public perception. Sometimes the perception is worse than reality, sometimes not.

That dynamic of the strong SEC/B1G was part of the whole ACC/BE death dance. The two lesser conferences in the east were tied at the wrist and locked into a Mexican knife fight. Only one could survive.

If there is ever a move to four 16 member conferences, it will be the Big 12 and ACC in the knife fight...and only one can survive.

I haven't a clue who will carry on...and don't have any skin in the game. My team will play somewhere...I'd rather be Indy as we were. but that is not feasible.
Except in this Mexican knife dance, the ACC had the knives. The Big East was looking the other way without a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom