Please help BIG | The Boneyard

Please help BIG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After watching some of these AAC conference games and a 1/3 half full, and watching Wisconsin vs Indiana tonight, please BIG, send us a life vest, and wake me up from this nightmare. Uconn has 4 national championship, we own NYC, all other sports damn good, we can play football games at either Yankee stadium or Foxboro, and just think your women basketball would get notice.

Please help

Reaction Score
The B1G should want an east coast hoops rivalry to compete with the ACC. If we can get Jim Calhoun and Gary Williams to work together on this, I think we could have a shot.

Reaction Score
I think @dayooper has the right idea about the Hokies. UVA, UNC, Georgia Tech, etc., feel like a bit of a stretch fit-wise for the Big Ten; as do the Cornells and Buffalos.

As soon as UConn and VPI receive invites from the AAU I would not be surprised to see Big Ten invites in the mail.

That would complete East Coast expansion nicely, with all of those schools, plus Penn State, having a comfortable home.

That would still leave the potential go to 18, with 3 divisions of 6.

Reaction Score
I think @dayooper has the right idea about the Hokies. UVA, UNC, Georgia Tech, etc., feel like a bit of a stretch fit-wise for the Big Ten; as do the Cornells and Buffalos.

As soon as UConn and VPI receive invites from the AAU I would not be surprised to see Big Ten invites in the mail.

That would complete East Coast expansion nicely, with all of those schools, plus Penn State, having a comfortable home.

That would still leave the potential go to 18, with 3 divisions of 6.
In 2026?

Reaction Score
In 2026?

No..... I was thinking 2020-2021.

Actually, the start of the new TV deal would seem to bring opportunity to lawyer up against the ACC, wine and dine some AAU dignitaries, etc.

Reaction Score
No..... I was thinking 2020-2021.

Actually, the start of the new TV deal would seem to bring opportunity to lawyer up against the ACC, wine and dine some AAU dignitaries, etc.
I wouldn't mind actually being in the conference in 2020 if I knew now that the invite was actually in writing and signed. Otherwise, I believe that UConn needs to keep pressing the B12 or ACC for more immediate invite, rather than have to wait 6 years for a dream that might not come true.

Reaction Score
I agree.

It would be nice to know what's going on (or not going on). Delany is too darn good at keeping secrets for the lack of information to mean anything.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
image.jpg
Can't read my,
Can't read my
No he can't read my poker face
Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my poker face

Reaction Score
This thread indicates we are at the bargaining stage of grief. Dare I say what the last stage is?:D

Reaction Score
This thread indicates we are at the bargaining stage of grief. Dare I say what the last stage is?:D
I hover around anger and depression, but I am almost committed to acceptance. No program got a bigger kick to the juevos than UCONN, so it's reasonable to accept that greed and stupidity could leave us out in the cold.

Reaction Score
http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/061814aaa.html

"Big Ten Basketball Leads Nation in Attendance for 38th Straight Year".

The Big Ten only cares if we help them. Just like any other conference.
Define "help" that's the issue. What does the B1G plan to sell over the next 5 decades, and to whom, and where? How will the sales transactions be conducted? Brick and mortar or electronically?

Reaction Score
That will never ever never ever happen.

The Big 12 will get their wish, and then everyone else will start playing a semi-final. Thus, the Big 12 will still be at a disadvantage. D'Oh!

Reaction Score
The Big 12 will get their wish, and then everyone else will start playing a semi-final. Thus, the Big 12 will still be at a disadvantage. D'Oh!
What does that have to do with having 3 divisions? No conference is going to go to 3 divs. None. Not ever.

Reaction Score
Define "help" that's the issue. What does the B1G plan to sell over the next 5 decades, and to whom, and where? How will the sales transactions be conducted? Brick and mortar or electronically?
They obviously consider their basketball important. We would easily help them with that. Markets and strength of programs.

Reaction Score
What does that have to do with having 3 divisions? No conference is going to go to 3 divs. None. Not ever.

Three divisions + wildcard for a playoff, but for scheduling purposes you are probably right. Keep in mind that Delany's Big Ten had 11 teams for 20 years.

Reaction Score
I hover around anger and depression, but I am almost committed to acceptance. No program got a bigger kick to the juevos than UCONN, so it's reasonable to accept that greed and stupidity could leave us out in the cold.
The difference between death an injustice is one is unavoidable, in fact one might even say necessary.
Injustice on the other hand should never be accepted , tolerated temporarily perhaps but never accepted.
Aren't you guys American , we were founded on the principal that injustice is wrong and in some cases evil and our mission is to see it defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom