Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 50 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
it doesn't mean that it is OK for fans to then take their frustration and hate out on the young women
I agreed with that from the beginning.

It also wasn't OK for people to take out their frustration about the ending of the UConn-Iowa game on Gabbie Marshall, but they did. She had to delete her social media accounts it was so bad.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not in Connecticut- we can never have too many Beers. We are home of the Huskies and home of The Athletic Brewing Co. Just think of the NIL opportunities. I’m imagining a shot in Geno’s office with CD consoling melodramatic Geno after the loss in the Final Four. In walks Morgan Valley with a six pack of Free Wave IPA, “Cheer up coach, I got us some Beers!” Geno looks annoyed, then as Beers follows her through the door wearing a UCONN jersey with a number 12 on it, he lets out a big grin

fathusky.jpeg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The difference for OSU and Rueck this time around is there are over 1000 players in the portal looking for a home, and one assumes he can get as many as he wants - can't speak to the skills but should be better than walk-ons.

I think its a really tough situation for both OSU and WSU, to have everyone jump ship - musical chairs with two missing chairs. I personally blame the PAC12 administration - they total screwed up their PAC12 network by not getting it affiliated with a national outlet, and created a league structure that all the teams were ready to leave.

The biggest difference between the PAC situation and the OBE is that the BE was never really a football conference with half the schools not fielding teams. So a move from OBE to AAC wasn't such an institutional shock. Yes, the WBB competition took a hit, but Uconn was already a National Brand and a powerhouse. OSU and WSU didn't have that reputation to fall back on, and going from the strongest WCBB conference to a mid-major single bid conference is going to be a shock.

Just a note on the OOC for all the former Pac teams - I suspect they would willingly sign up to play games against their former conference mates - that should help OSU and WSU in finding good competition if they have competitive teams, and I doubt many of the Pac that have joined eastern conferences are going to travel east for any OOC games.

Reaction Score
If you don’t like your job or location, you get another job in another field or another company in the same field or put in a transfer at another location with the same company. What’s the difference between these young adults and you?

Reaction Score
The difference for OSU and Rueck this time around is there are over 1000 players in the portal looking for a home, and one assumes he can get as many as he wants - can't speak to the skills but should be better than walk-ons.

I think its a really tough situation for both OSU and WSU, to have everyone jump ship - musical chairs with two missing chairs. I personally blame the PAC12 administration - they total screwed up their PAC12 network by not getting it affiliated with a national outlet, and created a league structure that all the teams were ready to leave.

The biggest difference between the PAC situation and the OBE is that the BE was never really a football conference with half the schools not fielding teams. So a move from OBE to AAC wasn't such an institutional shock. Yes, the WBB competition took a hit, but Uconn was already a National Brand and a powerhouse. OSU and WSU didn't have that reputation to fall back on, and going from the strongest WCBB conference to a mid-major single bid conference is going to be a shock.

Just a note on the OOC for all the former Pac teams - I suspect they would willingly sign up to play games against their former conference mates - that should help OSU and WSU in finding good competition if they have competitive teams, and I doubt many of the Pac that have joined eastern conferences are going to travel east for any OOC games.
It would seem as though OSU has to be praying that someone hires Rueck away from them. He’s too expensive by WCC standards and if they fire him without cause, they owe him roughly $6MM. While there will be players available in the portal, it seems unlikely that Rueck will be there all that much longer. Some Power 4 team will see him as better than what they have.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
There it is. I'll be shocked if Notre Dame doesn't land one of her or Beers. They have the rest of the pieces to be a title contender but need post play.

Iriafen is from Los Angeles. I'm guessing she stays in California and chooses UCLA or USC

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If part of the reason for leaving Stanford is the ACC travel, then UCLA/USC isn't gonna be any more attractive.

Not sure a "reason" has been given. Considering how much improvement she made the last year, we know it's not an issue of development. I bet it has to do with wanting to see what NIL is out there for her . . .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If part of the reason for leaving Stanford is the ACC travel, then UCLA/USC isn't gonna be any more attractive.
Something has to give. What option is there for staying close to home but not traveling much (assuming WCC or Big West schools clearly are not under consideration). For several of the conferences, lots of travel is gonna happen regardless of which school you happen to be at.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of posters here really aren't trying to put themselves in the shoes of OSU fans. I'm not condoning hating on anyone, being it 20 something kids or otherwise. But OSU has lost their conference, now they lost their team. Something similar happened to football. Holding their breath hoping it won't happen to baseball at the conclusion of the season. These were all competitive programs, just getting ripped apart.

The only thing I can think of remotely close was when the old Big East disintegrated, and UConn ended up in the AAC. Did their whole team up and leave? Nope, they stuck together and won the next 3 Championships. So, kind of an apples and oranges comparison there, even for the only thing I can think of that is close.

You've got fans who have been supporting a program for longer than the players have been alive. Maybe the players are lacking a bit of perspective of what long time fans are going thru and feeling at the moment?
I think posters do understand but also emphasize with the players as well. There are no winners in this situation. It sucks as a whole.

Yes UConn was able to continue winning in the AAC. But transferring wasn't as easy as it is in today's era. If these players knew they had to sit out a year before they left maybe they'd stay? There are so many factors that make it hard to compare them equally.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, was Iriafen playing Center or power forward at Stanford, or both depending on Brink?

Reaction Score
So, was Iriafen playing Center or power forward at Stanford, or both depending on Brink?

She played the 4. In fact, she won the Katrina McClain award for Power Forwards. Brink won the Lisa Leslie award for Centers. She played the 5 often, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom