Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 49 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
I always assumed this was insider info about a person about to enter the portal, but hadn't done so yet. In the same way that it was rumored that major changes were coming at OregonSt, which played out over a week or so.

But now seeming like this was just a scam to either get clicks or play a prank. While there were a bunch of no-name tweeters, there were a few connected to WCBB, who have now shot their credibility in my book.
If so then the so-called insider would have to have some personal connection to the school/coaching staff or the player or their family to get such a scoop. Either that or some coaches leaked that a top player is sniffing around their program before formally entering the "do not contact" portal which maybe is how someone connected to South Carolina would know about it despite it supposedly not involving their school. Almost all of these guys are hanger-oners and wannabe Coach Jumpers :eek:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Yes, but fans also need to understand some of this is out of the team's control. They didn't ask for the PAC12 to implode or for their school to be snubbed by other P4 conferences when it did. It's a two way street in my opinion.
Good points. And in this case, I'd almost bring up a "cause and effect' situation. The "cause" was totally out of their control (as well as that of their coach's purview). The "effect" that was not worked out was keeping OSU in a major conference where these competitive athletes can't compete against teams the caliber of which they had been doing when they reached the Elite 8.

The effect? What you're seeing. Save for TVO, these are mostly underclassmen who have multiple years left to play and they want to do so at the level they were accustomed to. Would Rueck have been able to find an OOC schedule the likes of which Geno has? Doubtful, for reasons ranging from Geno's track record to even the geographic differences and timing.

Just sucks for all involved. :confused::(

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
nobody goes to Arby's for the fish....they gots the meats
I had a hankering for Arby's last weekend. With the cost of even fast food sky high, I have been staying at home and cooking; I think in 2024, I've only eaten out 3 or 4 times. Thank goodness, they had 4 Classic Roast Beefs for $10. Throw in an order of curly fries and tax...and that was $15.

It's just reaching a point where restaurants, even fast food joints, soon will be outside the reach of lower middle-income people, like us teachers. I used to love eating at Five Guys but now a hamburger is almost $15 and throw in fries...that's $20. Zaxbys has more than doubled their prices in the past year...while cutting down the amount of chicken you get. But the marketplace will determine what restaurants charge...and as long as people pay, prices will keep going up.

Reaction Score
Props to TVO for the transparency. They were dealt a beyond crappy hand and there was no good option given their career ambitions and expectations when they committed to OSU 2-4 years ago. At least they made a decision as a team and are all supporting one another. I'm sorry we only got to see "America's team" scratch the surface of their potential.
I don’t get it.
If SC went to the SunBelt tomorrow, they’d still be preseason #1.
OreSt could’ve been very successful next year. Yes there is a long term recruiting question but for the next couple of years , they could’ve been really good. Great coach. Great teammates. I don’t know what they’re looking for.

Reaction Score
Sometimes players aren't given the option to stay when a new coach comes on board. The likelihood of this happening in Miami is low, but it's possible.
She said she had talked with each of them and wanted them to stay. However, if they weren't all-in about staying on then she them wanted to go where they wanted.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Has Washington State had the number of transfers as Oregon State?

I had a hankering for Arby's last weekend. With the cost of even fast food sky high, I have been staying at home and cooking; I think in 2024, I've only eaten out 3 or 4 times. Thank goodness, they had 4 Classic Roast Beefs for $10. Throw in an order of curly fries and tax...and that was $15.

It's just reaching a point where restaurants, even fast food joints, soon will be outside the reach of lower middle-income people, like us teachers. I used to love eating at Five Guys but now a hamburger is almost $15 and throw in fries...that's $20. Zaxbys has more than doubled their prices in the past year...while cutting down the amount of chicken you get. But the marketplace will determine what restaurants charge...and as long as people pay, prices will keep going up.

You ate 4 Roast Beef sandwiches? :eek:

I've only eaten out 3 or 4 times.. in the last 3 days

Don't get me started on Five Guys... those bums :mad:

Reaction Score
I don’t get it.
If SC went to the SunBelt tomorrow, they’d still be preseason #1.
OreSt could’ve been very successful next year. Yes there is a long term recruiting question but for the next couple of years , they could’ve been really good. Great coach. Great teammates. I don’t know what they’re looking for.
Take a look at @Dillon77 comments above. I’d add that non-conference commitments are sometimes made years ahead, so it might not be possible in the short run to get games that will make a great schedule. For kids that have only two or three years to play, I can totally understand how they would not be willing to ‘wait and see’.

Reaction Score
There was some interest by Miami in bringing Rueck in (Meier and he are good friends) but I always felt it was a longshot - he's definitely an pacific nw guy and he has a young family there. Too bad it didn't happen as maybe the team would have followed. Some things aren't meant to be.

I definitely don't understand hating on the OSU players for leaving - I want to see all of our former players do well - except when they play against us lol

Reaction Score
Not broken . Just drunk.

Too much Beers.
Not in Connecticut- we can never have too many Beers. We are home of the Huskies and home of The Athletic Brewing Co. Just think of the NIL opportunities. I’m imagining a shot in Geno’s office with CD consoling melodramatic Geno after the loss in the Final Four. In walks Morgan Valley with a six pack of Free Wave IPA, “Cheer up coach, I got us some Beers!” Geno looks annoyed, then as Beers follows her through the door wearing a UCONN jersey with a number 12 on it, he lets out a big grin

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think a lot of posters here really aren't trying to put themselves in the shoes of OSU fans. I'm not condoning hating on anyone, being it 20 something kids or otherwise. But OSU has lost their conference, now they lost their team. Something similar happened to football. Holding their breath hoping it won't happen to baseball at the conclusion of the season. These were all competitive programs, just getting ripped apart.

The only thing I can think of remotely close was when the old Big East disintegrated, and UConn ended up in the AAC. Did their whole team up and leave? Nope, they stuck together and won the next 3 Championships. So, kind of an apples and oranges comparison there, even for the only thing I can think of that is close.

You've got fans who have been supporting a program for longer than the players have been alive. Maybe the players are lacking a bit of perspective of what long time fans are going thru and feeling at the moment?

Reaction Score

What's even more crazy is people look at you crazy sometimes when you tip 20%, expecting you to tip more. I'll like nah 20% is pretty good. Inflation plus tipping has made meals close to 2x more than what I used to spend at a restaurant 10-15 years ago.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I think a lot of posters here really aren't trying to put themselves in the shoes of OSU fans. I'm not condoning hating on anyone, being it 20 something kids or otherwise. But OSU has lost their conference, now they lost their team. Something similar happened to football. Holding their breath hoping it won't happen to baseball at the conclusion of the season. These were all competitive programs, just getting ripped apart.

The only thing I can think of remotely close was when the old Big East disintegrated, and UConn ended up in the AAC. Did their whole team up and leave? Nope, they stuck together and won the next 3 Championships. So, kind of an apples and oranges comparison there, even for the only thing I can think of that is close.

You've got fans who have been supporting a program for longer than the players have been alive. Maybe the players are lacking a bit of perspective of what long time fans are going thru and feeling at the moment?
This! I could not imagine what it would be like if something similar happened to NC State. It puts the players in a situation where they are going to have to disappoint someone -- either themselves or those who have been supporters of the program. You can't blame the players for putting themselves first and getting the best situations for themselves, but those decisions have consequences.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I haven't been following, but I'm only aware of Leger-Walker.
Washington State

Cia Eklof, 5’10, G, Fr. (1.6 ppg)

Johanna Teder, 5’8, G, Sr. (7.9 ppg, 2.6 apg)

Charlisse Leger-Walker, 5’10, G, Sr. (13.2 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.1 apg)

(courtesy of The Next and Ms. Goodman)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington State

Cia Eklof, 5’10, G, Fr. (1.6 ppg)

Johanna Teder, 5’8, G, Sr. (7.9 ppg, 2.6 apg)

Charlisse Leger-Walker, 5’10, G, Sr. (13.2 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.1 apg)

(courtesy of The Next and Ms. Goodman)
I'm not familiar with Elkof. Teder is a sharpshooter who has been a good player for them. Missed last season with an injury. Certainly not even close to the exodus happening at OSU. They had at least 2 players using up their eligibility, unlike the Beavs. Glancing at their roster, I think Wallack and the two Villas (not related) are the best remaining players.

Reaction Score

Seriously though, are they gonna have tryouts? Id imagine they didn't plan for this so their incoming class is minimal. I guess can they kill the portal.

I really liked her game, was hoping she'd stay and embrace a featured role.

Reaction Score
…but having a forum talking about them is perfectly acceptable? It’s called Social Media for a reason…it’s ok for you not to use or like it but it is also ok for others to use it.
It is social media and people have every right to do it, but there's a difference between talking about basketball players on a basketball forum and following those players on Insta and checking out who they're following.

Reaction Score

I just don't think you can use UConn as a comparison. UConn is its own brand and the basketball capital of the world.... it's just not the same for OSU. The University hasn't delivered on their end of the original deal so they collectively took their careers into their own hands and are transferring. I totally understand that the fans are upset but they should direct that to the University, not teenage/early 20s young women.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seriously though, are they gonna have tryouts? Id imagine they didn't plan for this so their incoming class is minimal. I guess can they kill the portal.

I really liked her game, was hoping she'd stay and embrace a featured role.
I don't think they have any incoming recruits at this point. Down to 5 on the roster if I counted correctly. Back to where Rueck started, open tryouts and questions about whether they should even put a team on the floor next year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I just don't think you can use UConn as a comparison. UConn is its own brand and the basketball capital of the world.... it's just not the same for OSU. The University hasn't delivered on their end of the original deal so they collectively took their careers into their own hands and are transferring. I totally understand that the fans are upset but they should direct that to the University, not teenage/early 20s young women.
The University tried everything they could. The rest of the conference all split and no P4 conferences wanted OSU. What were they supposed to do?

Yes, of course UConn and Oregon St. are 2 completely different entities when it comes to wbb, I do realize that.

edit--no P4 conference wanting you IS something UConn fans can identify with, right?

Reaction Score
The University tried everything they could. The rest of the conference all split and no P4 conferences wanted OSU. What were they supposed to do?

Yes, of course UConn and Oregon St. are 2 completely different entities when it comes to wbb, I do realize that.

edit--no P4 conference wanting you IS something UConn fans can identify with, right?
Even if the University tried everything, it doesn't mean that it is OK for fans to then take their frustration and hate out on the young women who have their long term careers to think about. They are victims too of this whole conference/football/money grubbing situation.

Reaction Score
I can't find the comment in the thread asking a bit more about the exodus but came across this scrolling Twitter. Not that much detail but something.

I actually didn't realize what was going on in the twitter thread before posting, just saw tvo's response. it's actually kind of insane/interesting. we are in different times in college athletics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom