Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 48 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Checking in: has the Internet broken yet?
Nope. It's been a couple of days, and there's a 0.0% chance the twitterati "insiders" with (indirect) access to the portal would just sit on some bit of juicy news instead of racing to be the first to break it.

Reaction Score
Nope. It's been a couple of days, and there's a 0.0% chance the twitterati "insiders" with (indirect) access to the portal would just sit on some bit of juicy news instead of racing to be the first to break it.
I always assumed this was insider info about a person about to enter the portal, but hadn't done so yet. In the same way that it was rumored that major changes were coming at OregonSt, which played out over a week or so.

But now seeming like this was just a scam to either get clicks or play a prank. While there were a bunch of no-name tweeters, there were a few connected to WCBB, who have now shot their credibility in my book.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just got back from Arby's... did I miss anything?

FYI... they took the Fish Sandwiches off the menu

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
By my count Miami has 3 players left on their roster and potentially 4 freshmen coming in (one a rs from last year/enrolled early). Not looking good for the new coach and her ability to retain anyone.

Reaction Score
I cannot understand why everybody is leaving Oregon State. Gonzaga just got a 4 seed in the WCC, and they didn’t start preseason top 10, as the Beavers certainly would have. As far as player impact, they’ll likely have less travel with the new arrangement.

What is the big deal? It’s not like OSU was on ESPN every week before. Pac networks might as well not exist for typical fan.

It can’t just be the conference change.
I can't find the comment in the thread asking a bit more about the exodus but came across this scrolling Twitter. Not that much detail but something.

Reaction Score
By my count Miami has 3 players left on their roster and potentially 4 freshmen coming in (one a rs from last year/enrolled early). Not looking good for the new coach and her ability to retain anyone.
Sometimes players aren't given the option to stay when a new coach comes on board. The likelihood of this happening in Miami is low, but it's possible.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I can't find the comment in the thread asking a bit more about the exodus but came across this scrolling Twitter. Not that much detail but something.

Props to TVO for the transparency. They were dealt a beyond crappy hand and there was no good option given their career ambitions and expectations when they committed to OSU 2-4 years ago. At least they made a decision as a team and are all supporting one another. I'm sorry we only got to see "America's team" scratch the surface of their potential.

Reaction Score
Props to TVO for the transparency. They were dealt a beyond crappy hand and there was no good option given their career ambitions and expectations when they committed to OSU 2-4 years ago. At least they made a decision as a team and are all supporting one another. I'm sorry we only got to see "America's team" scratch the surface of their potential.
Careful there Jerry Jones may think this is copyright infringement ;)

Reaction Score
So that's Hailey Van Lith/Kent/Velez. Plus Reese is gone. Mulkey's down to 8 scholarship players, a couple of whom are upperclassmen that rarely play.
something tells me she'll get better players from the portal than the ones that left........:eek:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I don't know about hate, but there are many OSU fans who are distraught and disillusioned, you can't blame them for that, and TVO should understand their perspective as well.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
BREAKING: Miami (FL)’s Lazaria Spearman and Latasha Lattimore have entered the transfer portal with a “do not contact” designation, a source tells @TheNextHoops: Talia Goodman

• So, maybe the talks with new Coach Tricia Culloup didn't go so well. Or, the two of them also heard/saw things from other program(s) that are of interest.
  • This will be Lattimore's third school, btw, from Texas to Miami to ??? (And if you count the commitment to Coach Q's Syracuse team, this will be 4. Will her Canadian buddy, Ms. Day-Wilson, join her?)
@cancontent --- any thoughts?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Seems like the right move. She started and came off the bench this year, but didn't really take off like I thought she would when a couple of previous members of the senior class entered the portal. Maybe she'll ratchet it up this year.

Reaction Score
I don't know about hate, but there are many OSU fans who are distraught and disillusioned, you can't blame them for that, and TVO should understand their perspective as well.
Yes, but fans also need to understand some of this is out of the team's control. They didn't ask for the PAC12 to implode or for their school to be snubbed by other P4 conferences when it did. It's a two way street in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom