Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
@jdote33

Whoa. This was a cold bucket of water.
- The Golden Eagles have three or four of their five starters moving on with Hare being the only potential returner. On one hand, Hare along with promising freshman Skylar Forbes could combine with Lee Volker to lead the charge.

On the other, maybe she didn't like what she saw and decided to look out for #1.

- Institutionally, Coach Megan Duffy recruited Hare and Emily LaChapelle three years ago to allegedly solidify her backcourt. Now, for whatever reasons, both are gone. (LaChapelle said it had nothing to do with hoops.) Still, that's a major cause for concern (at least in my mind).

- As for Hare, like you said, she's got a stroke. Maybe she wants to move up to the P5 level with a team that wants/needs dependable outside shooting...which is just about anybody.
BTW, if that's the case, this is a concern, too: non-P5 conferences as training grounds?
Someone seems to be forgetting Duke transfer Lee Volker who will definitely be starting next year. Also, while Karlen and King are 4th year seniors, they could come back for a COVID year so, to me, she has one more good crack at it if she can keep them and get a good portal transfer. While I hear you and @jdote33 that Hare has a nice stroke, I wasn't that impressed in my watching her games in person the last 2 years at the BET and against UConn during the seasons.

Did Meg underachieve this year with a veteran squad, yes, did she still have a pretty good year, yes, does she have potential very good squad for next year without Hare, yes. Don't be so glum chum....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Someone seems to be forgetting Duke transfer Lee Volker who will definitely be starting next year. Also, while Karlen and King are 4th year seniors, they could come back for a COVID year so, to me, she has one more good crack at it if she can keep them and get a good portal transfer. While I hear you and @jdote33 that Hare has a nice stroke, I wasn't that impressed in my watching her games in person the last 2 years at the BET and against UConn during the seasons.

Did Meg underachieve this year with a veteran squad, yes, did she still have a pretty good year, yes, does she have potential very good squad for next year without Hare, yes. Don't be so glum chum....
- While King as listed as a senior, she's played five seasons and is done.
However, Rose Nkumu has a Covid year if she chooses to take it and was getting at point guard as the season went on.
  • You're right...The good news is the Golden Eagles' best player, Liz Karlen, does have a Covid year, as well and she can team with the promising young Canadian forward Skylar Forbes in the frontcourt
  • Lee Volker didn't have as much as an impact as I initially expected but maybe that's an assimilation process. She is 6'1" and could add height to what is usually a height-challenged Golden Eagle team.
  • It's always good to have a spot-up shooter like Hare, but you're right: they tend to hit the portal on a regular basis.
Megan needs to go shopping....now. Maybe the Irish grad transfer Bronagh Power-Cassidy, the 5’10 guard from Holy Cross.

I'm sure she'll find folks....feelin' better now ;)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Shumate. Basketball. I wonder! [John Schumate, ND star from many moons ago. Could be granddaughter?]
Can't verify this totally, but pretty sure they're not related.
Thanks for reminding me about "Two for Shu," though: really solid player who battled Bill Walton well, both in college at ND and the pro's.

Reaction Score
Brenda literally refused to play her. There were a couple of games where the two walk-ons saw the court ahead of Bostock. It wasn't anything Bostock did wrong. She is a solid player who shoots the perimeter ball well and is a solid rebounder. Her status this season was a major headscratcher.
@Dillon77 I'm partially in agreement here. Personally, I thought Maryland was a bit of a reach, but she never got a chance to show what she could do at all. She has been part of Canada Basketball's development stream, but got surpassed by the likes of Prosper, Swords, Gibbs for the guard position. I hope she lands somewhere that gives her a chance to show what she can do.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
@Dillon77 I'm partially in agreement here. Personally, I thought Maryland was a bit of a reach, but she never got a chance to show what she could do at all. She has been part of Canada Basketball's development stream, but got surpassed by the likes of Prosper, Swords, Gibbs for the guard position. I hope she lands somewhere that gives her a chance to show what she can do.
Thanks...was looking for your perspective to join @TerpWomenFan 's viewpoint. Will pay attention to see where she pops up next.

Reaction Score

Also posted in the COVID year thread. I'm a fan of hers. Crafty scorer who plays with a lot of heart. I'm assuming she's leveraging the portal for a grad program opportunity. Hadn't heard much about her being unhappy there when I've crossed paths with her during GloblJam events in Toronto.

Reaction Score
- While King as listed as a senior, she's played five seasons and is done.
However, Rose Nkumu has a Covid year if she chooses to take it and was getting at point guard as the season went on.
  • You're right...The good news is the Golden Eagles' best player, Liz Karlen, does have a Covid year, as well and she can team with the promising young Canadian forward Skylar Forbes in the frontcourt
  • Lee Volker didn't have as much as an impact as I initially expected but maybe that's an assimilation process. She is 6'1" and could add height to what is usually a height-challenged Golden Eagle team.
  • It's always good to have a spot-up shooter like Hare, but you're right: they tend to hit the portal on a regular basis.
Megan needs to go shopping....now. Maybe the Irish grad transfer Bronagh Power-Cassidy, the 5’10 guard from Holy Cross.

I'm sure she'll find folks....feelin' better now ;)
Probably belongs in the coaching carousel thread but maybe she (Duffy) dips?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Probably belongs in the coaching carousel thread but maybe she (Duffy) dips?

Maybe Ms. Hare knows something that we don't? :rolleyes:

Interesting that Kieger, who hasn't exactly torn it up at Penn State, is getting a hard look here (and/or maybe her agent is trying to get her out of Happy Valley).

Many of us thought "Uncle Joe" McKeown of Northwestern might retire after this year and I always thought Griffith could be a target (with the high academic standards Columbia shares with N'Western) and Duffy, with her Midwestern roots. However, Miami is certainly a good school and I could see the interest....

This should be interesting.

But you're right....that post should also be on Coaching Thread...do you want to drop it?

Reaction Score
ISU has seen players head to the portal the last couple years. Some for various reasons (grad, family, etc.). They lost key players last season and put a competitive team on the floor. Don't know if people should see this as panic mode considering how things worked this season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
ISU has seen players head to the portal the last couple years. Some for various reasons (grad, family, etc.). They lost key players last season and put a competitive team on the floor. Don't know if people should see this as panic mode considering how things worked this season.

On different boards, I saw several posters talking about ISU's current freshmen class and how good they would be the next 3 years. My first thought was that the odds of an entire recruiting class of 5 signees staying all 4 years at the same school would be very slim, especially those from out of state.

Fennelly is a tough coach, and perhaps even a harsh personality based on his courtside demeanor. Like at a lot of places, the head coach who recruits you out of high school isn't always the same head coach (personality) you play for in college.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On different boards, I saw several posters talking about ISU's current freshman class and how good they would be the next 3 years. My first thought was that the odds of an entire recruiting class of 5 signees staying all 4 years at the same school would be very slim, especially those from out of state.

Fennelly is a tough coach, and perhaps even a harsh personality based on his courtside demeanor. Like at a lot of places, the head coach who recruits you out of high school isn't always the same head coach (personality) you play for in college.
That's kind of where my thoughts have been with this. Diew is a senior, looking to use her COVID year. Dawkins has been surpassed by the freshmen class. Bristow, a tad surprising considering she got decent playing time, or at least I think she did. Zingaro stepped away from the team before the season started so who knows what happened there.

When you look at who transferred out last season, the team didn't drop off as badly as what some may have thought. They have a good class coming in too if my memory is correct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom