Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 60 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You've swerved from W-S to some of the Greensboro burbs...

I got love for the whole Triad, from Mount Airy to Danbury to Asheboro :cool:
Would @triaddukefan ha e passed on Betts after her freshman year at Stanford.

20221005_235916.jpg

No, i was hoping that she would head east to Durham. But I get it, I get it.

Reaction Score
Another "maybe the third time is a charm" player. Seems to be the rule more than the exception these days.
Not really. She earned her degree after playing with the Bears for two seasons. I think grad school awaits....She was having fun at the banquet this week and is a great kid. Wish her the best for future endeavors!

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Not really. She earned her degree after playing with the Bears for two seasons. I think grad school awaits....She was having fun at the banquet this week and is a great kid. Wish her the best for future endeavors!
FWIW, it's also not always easy to get into grad programs at Cal. At least at Stanford, that's often why we can't get any grad transfers - there's almost nothing they can get admitted to.

Reaction Score
FWIW, it's also not always easy to get into grad programs at Cal. At least at Stanford, that's often why we can't get any grad transfers - there's almost nothing they can get admitted to.
Hard to get into grad programs at Duke, UVA and a handful of your other new ACC siblings. No comment on UNC’s “special” grad programs.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

The problem with grad programs, are most are two year degrees. Duke has a 10 month Master of Management Studies that most of our grad transfers enroll in. Its starts in the summer before fall classes. From what I've read/heard.. its pretty brutal for a student athlete. Our one grad transfer (from Yale) this past season is getting a Masters in Global Public Health, so while she will still be on campus next year finishing up, she doesn't have any eligibility left. We had a walk-on grad transfer who played two years for us was getting her masters in Statistical Sciences.

I guess this is the last year of the coivd class.. except a handful who get a covid year+redshirted due to injury. This should help level the field for the poor sisters of WCBB.... Duke, Stanford, Cal, Northwestern, Vanderbilt

Reaction Score
Seems like TCU picking up Van Lith and Maddie Scherr is pretty good. Don't know much about TCU aside from they almost got PapPao last year.

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Seems like TCU picking up Van Lott and Maddie Scherr is pretty good. Don't know much about TCU aside from they almost got PapPao last year.
They were hit so hard by injuries last year that they had to forfeit two games. They also had open tryouts in the middle of the season in order to get enough players to actually play games.

There was a good article on ESPN about it all in mid-February that is still available online.

Reaction Score
Seems like TCU picking up Van Lith and Maddie Scherr is pretty good. Don't know much about TCU aside from they almost got PapPao last year.
Is VanLith confirmed yet? Scheer has put something out to confirm. Don't recall VanLith doing the same.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Raegan Beers on a visit to Oklahoma . . .

Big Weekend in Norman. Spring football game was on Saturday and the softball team was at home. Many distinguished sports people (football types, SEC media) were at the new softball stadium on Saturday for the game. No mention of Beers tho.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I really hope LSU gets a visit. We need an elite big badly.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Big Weekend in Norman. Spring football game was on Saturday and the softball team was at home. Many distinguished sports people (football types, SEC media) were at the new softball stadium on Saturday for the game. No mention of Beers tho.

Seems like it's been confirmed. Plus, she just started following some Sooner hoopsters on Instagram.

Reaction Score
Niele’s “under the dome picture”—which usually means a recruit is on campus. Now the guessing game begins, which transfer is on campus? Hmmm…

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So I thought it was curious that Beers would look at Oklahoma to begin with and then today, that new phenom, Skim Mulkey posted “Oregon State associate head coach Jonas Chatterton and Oklahoma are in discussions to add him to the Sooners coaching staff, per source.” And then it all made sense to me…

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So I thought it was curious that Beers would look at Oklahoma to begin with and then today, that new phenom, Skim Mulkey posted “Oregon State associate head coach Jonas Chatterton and Oklahoma are in discussions to add him to the Sooners coaching staff, per source.” And then it all made sense to me…
Call me skeptical. Beers is one of the top 2 Bigs available in the portal. OK was 23-11, lost to IN in the 2nd round and doesn’t particularly look like a powerhouse team next season, with or without Beers.

A bunch of teams, including UConn, who have a legitimate opportunity to win a national championship, and would provide a much better springboard to the pros, would definitely be interested in Beers. I’m sure she had a nice visit to Norman. But I still see Beers at SC, UCLA, USC, ND or UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom