Phoenix Continues to Roll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Phoenix Continues to Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The keys in Phoenix are talent and balance. They have a great starting 5. And this year they are healthy.

It will take a big effort by Minnesota or Atlanta to beat them.

Big game tonight, should be a measuring stick for Minny's chances in the playoffs vs. Phoenix.

I agree that Phoenix has the look of a dominant team, sort of like Minny did in 2011 and at various times during the last two seasons. This season their defense has not been at the same level, although it's improved with Brunson's return. Finally, Whalen has been good but by no means 'stellar' as she often was during those championship seasons.

Minny can win if they're firing on all cylinders and do a good job of executing their defensive gameplan. Otherwise Phoenix definitely has that swag goin' on, and rightly so.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Big game tonight, should be a measuring stick for Minny's chances in the playoffs vs. Phoenix.

I agree that Phoenix has the look of a dominant team, sort of like Minny did in 2011 and at various times during the last two seasons. This season their defense has not been at the same level, although it's improved with Brunson's return. Finally, Whalen has been good but by no means 'stellar' as she often was during those championship seasons.

Minny can win if they're firing on all cylinders and do a good job of executing their defensive gameplan. Otherwise Phoenix definitely has that swag goin' on, and rightly so.

Hey VA, game is tomorrow night (7/31) at 8. Right now it looks as though it is not being broadcast in the NY market so I will be watching on "Live Access"

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Hey VA, game is tomorrow night (7/31) at 8. Right now it looks as though it is not being broadcast in the NY market so I will be watching on "Live Access"

Oops!! Thanks for the correction! I was already penciling the game into my evening's schedule.....lol

Looking forward to tomorrow night's action.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I think the game is in Minny. If the Lynx can't win with a full lineup at home, their streak of 3 WNBA finals could end this year. But we know that Maya will not go down without a fight.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
They ARE good, but also have been really lucky with injuries this year. Unbelievably lucky, almost - if it keeps up, they're just playing too well not to go all the way. Thursday night will be a good test vs Maya and the Lynx.

From tonight
View attachment 6431
Love this shot of DT.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
But we know that Maya will not go down without a fight.

True dat!

:)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Why a duck?

dunno. I'm not the writer of the original saying I suppose it could be a goose...or a turkey - or a chicadee....or a cat..the point is that if it is right in front of your nose, pay attention

my other favorite is measure twice, cut once...

Reaction Score
A minute or two before the end Nneka did a semi-kamikaze drive straight down the middle, had her shot blocked and seemingly injured
what seemingly was her knee. The camera showed a quickie of the trainer working with her on the sideline and when the knee was flexed Nneka was obviously in substantial pain.

It wasn't trifling I actually feared the worst. Nothing was said, the commentators were off speaking about other inane things (even Rebecca) and I couldn't see if Nneka participated in the reception line.

Might not hear anything until the next game.
The announcers said that she "bumped knees" with another player. Nene was limping after that. Probably a knee bruise?

Looks real bad for LA if she's out along with Candace and Harding...

Reaction Score

It's on NBA TV if you have that. I don't see why they wouldn't show it in the NY market.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Striper69 said:
It's on NBA TV if you have that. I don't see why they wouldn't show it in the NY market.

The gods were listening to you my friend. they updated the listings and now instead of showing that they're going to broadcast the New York Liberty and Chicago Sky on MSG and NBA TV they're going to now put the Phoenix and Minny on NBA . I'm glad I looked again!

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Just last night they changed the schedule on NBA TV to accommodate this game, so it may now be available in NYC market on TV. I just don't understand why they are showing the Mercury@Lynx game and not the Dream visiting Tulsa. ;)

On edit: Whoops, I guess I should read the second page of the thread before posting!

Reaction Score
If there's anyone playing in the WNBA on any given night or day it's a good idea to tune in to NBA TV cause it just might be on.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Just last night they changed the schedule on NBA TV to accommodate this game, so it may now be available in NYC market on TV. I just don't understand why they are showing the Mercury@Lynx game and not the Dream visiting Tulsa. ;)

On edit: Whoops, I guess I should read the second page of the thread before posting!

No worries. I have been so busy working and getting ready for the weekend and so forth that I forgot I posted this morning.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
dunno. I'm not the writer of the original saying I suppose it could be a goose...or a turkey - or a chicadee....or a cat..the point is that if it is right in front of your nose, pay attention

my other favorite is measure twice, cut once...

Ok. I getta why a goose, why a turkey, why a chickadee, why a this, why a that. I still no getta why a duck.

upload_2014-8-2_10-53-46.jpeg

Last edited:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
you no getta the why-a-duck, you no getta da vasser ....
undt, den you can't lead da whore to Vassar...

undt, den, dey won't t'ink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99