Phoenix Continues to Roll | The Boneyard

Phoenix Continues to Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Beating up on a feisty, competitive LA, even w/o Parker.
with the usual suspects excelling
Ogwumike may be seriously injured

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
whats the cause of Phx success... maybe getting the ball into Griner as much as they can?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Doesn't hurt.
Griner is a real athlete, not a freak.
On one play she dribbled almost to half-court
perfectly composed, good form.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wow... hopefully they can keep it up thoughout the playoffs

Reaction Score
wow... hopefully they can keep it up throughout the playoffs
They ARE good, but also have been really lucky with injuries this year. Unbelievably lucky, almost - if it keeps up, they're just playing too well not to go all the way. Thursday night will be a good test vs Maya and the Lynx.

From tonight
upload_2014-7-29_22-26-16.png

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
They ARE good, but also have been really lucky with injuries this year. Unbelievably lucky, almost - if it keeps up, they're just playing too well not to go all the way. Thursday night will be a good test vs Maya and the Lynx.

From tonight
View attachment 6431

the GOAT

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
whats the cause of Phx success... maybe getting the ball into Griner as much as they can?

It is not that one thing, DC, and I am surprised at your post because you watch enough basketball and understand the game well. It should be fairly obvious - aside from the fact that the whole team is relatively healthy, they have a ton of talent who are all dialed in to play team ball. They have a new coach who appears to have their respect and they have Diana. Additionally, they are playing with a lot of confidence.

The stars have aligned and the ingredients are there for great success.

We have seen this before - Seattle and Minny for example, in past years.
There are and have been teams that have a lot of talent on paper, but even with healthy players they cannot put together a winning schedule.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
It is not that one thing, DC, and I am surprised at your post because you watch enough basketball and understand the game well. It should be fairly obvious - aside from the fact that the whole team is relatively healthy, they have a ton of talent who are all dialed in to play team ball. They have a new coach who appears to have their respect and they have Diana. Additionally, they are playing with a lot of confidence.

The stars have aligned and the ingredients are there for great success.

We have seen this before - Seattle and Minny for example, in past years.
There are and have been teams that have a lot of talent on paper, but even with healthy players they cannot put together a winning schedule.

I suspect, if DC doesn't have his tongue in his cheek, it's at least pokin' past his molars. As you say, he's got a good grasp of things - he just likes to do a little fly-fishin' now and then, and see what's biting ...:rolleyes:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I suspect, if DC doesn't have his tongue in his cheek, it's at least pokin' past his molars. As you say, he's got a good grasp of things - he just likes to do a little fly-fishin' now and then, and see what's biting ...:rolleyes:
where is ETT?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

my thoughts exactly....

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
bingo... they know me sooooo well smh

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The keys in Phoenix are talent and balance. They have a great starting 5. And this year they are healthy.

It will take a big effort by Minnesota or Atlanta to beat them.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
its not bait... ETT follows BG and PhD closely, I don't. My original post was serious but since some have me all figured out I thought I'd play along. Rady actually answered very well but she had to take her usual swipe at which wasn't needed. Others joined in instead of sticking to Phx/DT/BG and their success

Reaction Score
ETT has complained constantly that PHX doesn't get the ball to Griner enough, so thought you were needling a little, sorry

Last edited:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
old saying

if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

it's a duck

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
ETT has complained constantly that PHX doesn't get the ball to Griner enough, so thought you were needling a little, sorry
nope just try to confirm that they were...

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game, but just read the recap - they don't mention anything about Ogwumike being injured...

http://scores.espn.go.com/wnba/recap?gameId=400539618

A minute or two before the end Nneka did a semi-kamikaze drive straight down the middle, had her shot blocked and seemingly injured
what seemingly was her knee. The camera showed a quickie of the trainer working with her on the sideline and when the knee was flexed Nneka was obviously in substantial pain.

It wasn't trifling I actually feared the worst. Nothing was said, the commentators were off speaking about other inane things (even Rebecca) and I couldn't see if Nneka participated in the reception line.

Might not hear anything until the next game.

Last edited:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
A minute or two before the end Nneka did a semi-kamikaze drive straight down the middle, had her shot blocked and seemingly injured
what seemingly seemed to be her knee. The camera showed a quickie of the trainer working wit her on the sideline and when the knee was flexed Nneka was obviously in substantial pain.

It wasn't trifling I actually feared the worst. Nothing was said, the commentators were off speaking about other inane things (even Rebecca) and I couldn't see if Nneka participated in the reception line.

Might not hear anything until the next game.

Fair enough. They may be keeping it under wraps until they know exactly what is wrong, if anything. LA plays again on Sunday, we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom