PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tremont Waters, PG, South Kent – A quick and aggressive lead guard, Waters showed off very good speed against Fishburne. Perhaps what really stood out was how he kept defenders off balance by consistently changing up his speeds and with a tricky handle. Now he did over dribble at times, but he showed he could score the ball in a variety of ways. Waters connected on multiple floaters, hit a mid-range pull-up and also worked in a three-pointer. Waters is one of the better 2017 point guard prospects I’ve seen.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

H

huskymagic

What's our shot at him?

undersized point guard with fantastic skills and shooting ability with a good head on his shoulder from Connecticut. Seems like a future Husky to me.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
KO has targeted mostly bigger guards. Will be interested to see how hard he goes for Waters.

FWIW I like his game a lot

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Tremont and Jalen would be a dream backcourt, especially if Tremont grows a few more inches.

Reaction Score
KO has targeted mostly bigger guards. Will be interested to see how hard he goes for Waters.

I would be shocked if we don't recruit him incredibly hard (or as hard as we need to). The kid has ridiculous skills for his age and a great jumpshot. He's already held his own against high level players much older than he is.

Reaction Score
What I like about him is he makes a lot of contested jump shots. Could be the best shooter coming into UConn if he decides to. Steph Curry like

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I love his ability to finish in traffic against taller defenders...particularly the use of the bank shot with touch for floaters...rare to see that in such a young player.

Reaction Score

Regardless of his size, he will be a top 50 player and a top PG in his class. Being from CT, it would be beyond stupid for KO to not go after him.
great handle, does he want UCONN?
Apparently he's been coming to campus for a while now

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There's plenty of interest both ways. I would be very surprised if he doesn't end up at UConn.

He's a tremendous player with an incredible (military like) work ethic. I want this kid at UConn really, really bad.
And an outstanding student as well. I believe 4.0 student!

Reaction Score
If he's 5'10 now as a sophomore, one might imagine he'll get to 6'0".

Reaction Score
My how things change. "tons" of PG's? Ok let's start naming the one's they've "produced" since he was old enough to watch a game on TV and even prior?

Reaction Score
My how things change. "tons" of PG's? Ok let's start naming the one's they've "produced" since he was old enough to watch a game on TV and even prior?
Let's see there was Jay Williams and........................................Kyrie Irving, who played all of about 10 games at Duke. Chris Duhon? Oh wait, Johnny Dawkins. O.K. forget that one since he played before Waters was even born. I guess you have a point.

Just show him the 1999 championship game and the 2004 semifinal and he'll be off that Duke fetish in no time.

Reaction Score
Simmer on the TW hate. : ) we have three years left to watch his every move , know what he is eating for breakfast ect... There will be plenty of other thungs to complain about - he so what 15 right now?

Reaction Score
Duke is hot and ranked. They have only of the all time best coaches and has a insane basketball culture. Give the kid a break he is only what 16. There is time

He just grew a year in three posts, he'll be mature enough to leave this Duke nonsense out by the end this thread!

By the way who's hammering the kid himself? It's the ridiculous statement about the PG's and the production. Sorry but it's not true whether it's going from a 15 year old, 16 yr old or someone as old as Hooper Scooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom