PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great work by the kid from my hometown - maybe it's my aging eyes but in this pix as he looks like he has grown a couple of inches?
He was 5'9 140 his freshman year. He's 5'11 145 this season. Good call!!

Reaction Score
http://www.burlisononbasketball.com/2014/10/day-i-pangos-all-east-camp-many-well-made-points/

Following Saturday’s games, six different scouts, coaches or media members might come up with as many different views as to the pecking order of the “point guard-types” in terms of ball-handling and passing skills.

But – at least from among those who watched him play at least one of his two games with the “Georgetown” team Saturday – there should be a unanimous choice as to the identity of the best jump shooter in the camp at the position.

With his team trailing by five points and a minute or so in regulation against Five-foot-10 Tremont Waters (South, CT, Prep) against “Villanova”, Waters rose and knocked in a 22-footer (or so) from the left wing.

And, after a turnover at the other end, he penetrated from the left side and scored while being fouled for the tying and go-ahead points (an automatic three points are awarded at the camp when a kid scoring is fouled) with about 20 seconds to go.

In his second game, Georgetown fell behind by 20 points with just less than 10 minutes remaining in regulation against a gifted “Seton Hall” squad that is led by 6-10 sophomore Zach Kent (St. Andrew’s School in Middletown, DE) and 6-3 10th gradersDavid Beatty (Radnor, PA, Archbishop Carroll) and Terry Nolan (Essex, MD, Mt. Carmel).

Now, I wasn’t keeping shooting stats (or any kind of stats at all, for that matter), mind you, but it sure seemed as if Waters must have knocked in about eight consecutive jump shots down the stretch – with about six of those from behind the arc and with at least one defender running at his face on each occasion.

Yeah, he provides a pretty sweet definition for the popular-to-this generation “that jumper is so wet” saying, doesn’t he?

He banged in his last 3 with about 20 seconds to go before an automatic couple of “free throws” – via a Georgetown foul with Villanova in the bonus – provided the final margin of five points for Villanova.

Reaction Score
UCONN needs to gear up its gifted program and admit TremonT for Fall'15 and offer him the combined H.S. diploma/BA degree study package.

he be very very gifted

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Wow! This kid has got "IT"....he is so smooth, can shoot from deep, send pinpoint passes, hold off defenders with his subtle dribble (if you know what I mean), and then find the small open area to get his shot off! As a freshman, nonetheless.

Reaction Score
I'm always amazed at 2 things in his mixtapes:

1. The ball never touches the rim. I know its a mixtape, but regardless none of the MAKES even touch the rim.
2. he makes 1-2 plays where he is making INCREDIBLE defensive plays near the rim, at 5'11. Sick hops/anticipation.

Reaction Score
dudes:dont be so cheap

pleez get that think cap with special brim to increase yo powers of scouting observation

Mr. TremonT is way beyond youz parameters of hoop reality

there is no comparison for this veryvery gifted luminary

this type of dude comes along once per century if yo lucky enuf to be livin when he arrives-dooz yo even ever hear the term pistol pete sake

Reaction Score
Tremont's listed height last season was 5'7". NERR says that he's grown a few inches and is now being listed at 5'10".

Hard to believe this kid was the starting PG as a 5'7" freshman last year for a veteran prep school team. Not only that, but he starred in the role. Hoping he's future PG at UConn.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak