Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Its funny how after each recruit we wiff on, another old recruit thread from 7-10 ago gets bumped up to take its place.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I thought we next'd this kid already;)
All jokes aside, is there really any benefit bringing this kid in, I mean If we were Quinnipiac I'd kinda be excited...

Let's hope the staff doesn't "panic" (like most of us) but rather sit back and see who falls through the cracks come spring, JUCO or 5th year transfers

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I thought we next'd this kid already;)
All jokes aside, is there really any benefit bringing this kid in, I mean If we were Quinnipiac I'd kinda be excited...

Let's hope the staff doesn't "panic" (like most of us) but rather sit back and see who falls through the cracks come spring, JUCO or 5th year transfers

There's a difference between Quinnipiac and getting B1G offers.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
There's a difference between Quinnipiac and getting B1G offers.
Yaaa... Kinda.... But There's difference between B1G offers and Penn State offering, PSU in no MSU IU UofM Wiscy.
It's like getting excited cause a kid has an ACC offer, but then come to find it's just BC

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yaaa... Kinda.... But There's difference between B1G offers and Penn State offering, PSU in no MSU IU UofM Wiscy.
It's like getting excited cause a kid has an ACC offer, but then come to find it's just BC

Yes, but look at Quinnipiac's 2015 class and tell me what offers those recruits got in addition to QU. http://verbalcommits.com/schools/quinnipiac

I gather that I'm one of those "obnoxious people who thinks there's nothing wrong with recruiting" to many of those here, and even I'm not ecstatic that a guy like Hardnett is looking like one of our best possible options. I really wish we had better options, because guys like Hardnett aren't the ones who make UCONN great. It just irritates me when people think that we're at the CCSU/Quinnipiac/Fairfield level of recruiting, because that's so far from the truth. Complain all you want, but there are several chasms separating our recruiting from the recruiting of a small MAAC/NEC school.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I gather that I'm one of those "obnoxious people who thinks there's nothing wrong with recruiting" to many of those here, and even I'm not ecstatic that a guy like Hardnett is looking like one of our best possible options. I really wish we had better options, because guys like Hardnett aren't the ones who make UCONN great.
Unless he helps us get Kegler, in which case sign him up yesterday.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Yes, but look at Quinnipiac's 2015 class and tell me what offers those recruits got in addition to
C'mon stairmaster, if you haven't figured it out by now, I can be "a bit" sarcastic.... Don't take me so literally all the time, of course your right with regards to QU's recruits. All I was really saying is Hardnett is more Darius Smith, than a recruit who could make a real difference down the road. That's all bro

Reaction Score
Are we better off saving one or two of these schollies to wait and see what happens, or otherwise hold them for the 2016 class? With the four year schollie rule now in place, wouldn't it make more sense to get a higher calibur kid in 2016, than a lower calibur kid in 2015, who still won't contribute much anyways?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Are we better off saving one or two of these schollies to wait and see what happens, or otherwise hold them for the 2016 class? With the four year schollie rule now in place, wouldn't it make more sense to get a higher calibur kid in 2016, than a lower calibur kid in 2015, who still won't contribute much anyways?

If you want to finish 17-13 again and then maybe DHam and Adams leaves.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
With all due respect to this kid there is no comparison in even the video between him and Carter. No need to make this move.

He doesn't have to be better than Carter. He has to be better than TSam. This means he can dribble and shoot from beyond ten inches from the basket. No matter how it breaks, the team will always need two point guards. The Carter experience should tell us that any decent point wants to start at some time. My feeling is that Carter saw the tapes of Adams and passed on us. Could this kid be an adequate point as a junior and senior?
Can he be a good backup point for four years? TSam will be a junior and hasn't mastered dribbling or layups.
Can we afford another bad season?

Reaction Score
C'mon pnow15, you really think this kid is going to have a real impact on the success of next year's team? We all can dump on Samuel, but the success of next year season does not hinge on Samuel, and certainly does not hinge on this kid coming in to just dribble the ball up the court.

The success of next season will depend on Brimah's development, Hamilton becoming the reliable go to scorer, Purvis becoming more consistent, and Adams being ready to handle the reins from day one. This kid, even with T Sam and Cassell on the roster, won't sniff more than 10 minutes a game tops. He would likely play Lubin type minutes. I'd rather save the scholly and put it to use in 2016 where we're in hard on a lot of guys. If we go 17-13 next year, I promise you it's not because we do not sign up Jahshire Hardnett.

Reaction Score
He doesn't have to be better than Carter. He has to be better than TSam. This means he can dribble and shoot from beyond ten inches from the basket. No matter how it breaks, the team will always need two point guards. The Carter experience should tell us that any decent point wants to start at some time. My feeling is that Carter saw the tapes of Adams and passed on us. Could this kid be an adequate point as a junior and senior?
Can he be a good backup point for four years? TSam will be a junior and hasn't mastered dribbling or layups.
Can we afford another bad season?
I see what you are saying. Makes total sense to replace a marginal upperclassman pg with strength and experience with an equally marginal, undersized fr. pg. Seriously, this year has turned into a disaster because of our lack of talent/depth. Adding a guy like Hardnett doesn't solve that problem, it extends it out for an entire other cycle. You know what UConn needs more than ballhandling????????Talent. Impact Talent. I agree like most here that recruiting is a huge concern. Unlike most, I simply won't get worked up over guys that won't impact our team. I didn't feel Carter was that guy. I certainly don't think Hardnett is.

Reaction Score
If we are down to options X then wait for 2016. Sorry this kid will never get minutes and is not uconn caliber. .he is not late Ok4 find. It will take him 3 years to get on the court. Find a EUR kid transfer or grad. We do not have the time to develop him

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we are down to options X then wait for 2016. Sorry this kid will never get minutes and is not uconn caliber. .he is not late Ok4 find. It will take him 3 years to get on the court. Find a EUR kid transfer or grad. We do not have the time to develop him
I think at this point let's just see what 5th year grad students are available or players released from their school commitments due to coaching changes. We have had pretty decent success going this route the first two years for KO. I would like Kevin to get two(one point guard and one big guy). I know I'm dreaming.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I see what you are saying. Makes total sense to replace a marginal upperclassman pg with strength and experience with an equally marginal, undersized fr. pg. Seriously, this year has turned into a disaster because of our lack of talent/depth. Adding a guy like Hardnett doesn't solve that problem, it extends it out for an entire other cycle. You know what UConn needs more than ballhandling????????Talent. Impact Talent. I agree like most here that recruiting is a huge concern. Unlike most, I simply won't get worked up over guys that won't impact our team. I didn't feel Carter was that guy. I certainly don't think Hardnett is.

Yes, the difference between winning by three points and losing by one point. What was that stat 6 lost games by 12 points?
So, if we have second point guard who can dribble and toss in 6pts a game and has to be guarded. Double yes.
TSam spends the entire time he is in the game dribbling unguarded at the top of the key. He is very experienced at dribbling at the top of the key unguarded. In fact, he probably has set a world record for dribbling at the top of the key unguarded. He is planning on improving his game. He wants to stand on the foul line dribbling the ball unguarded.
We have not even replaced Boat when he leaves. Adams will take time to be as good as Boat.
Enoch is two years away. Ollie has already offered this kid. If he says yes is Ollie supposed to say,"Sorry kid, I was only punking you."

Reaction Score
Yes, the difference between winning by three points and losing by one point. What was that stat 6 lost games by 12 points?
So, if we have second point guard who can dribble and toss in 6pts a game and has to be guarded. Double yes.
TSam spends the entire time he is in the game dribbling unguarded at the top of the key. He is very experienced at dribbling at the top of the key unguarded. In fact, he probably has set a world record for dribbling at the top of the key unguarded. He is planning on improving his game. He wants to stand on the foul line dribbling the ball unguarded.
We have not even replaced Boat when he leaves. Adams will take time to be as good as Boat.
Enoch is two years away. Ollie has already offered this kid. If he says yes is Ollie supposed to say,"Sorry kid, I was only punking you."
Though I'm a little down about the expectations I believe SE is already at the same level of KF. I know that isn't saying much but it will definitely provide another player off the bench to play either the PF or C(which KF can't play due to his frame). Also, how come KF is so bad at blocking shots? I mean he is definitely around 6'8" with great ups but he never really rejects any shots .4/game.

Hopefully we can get some other 5th year seniors for immediate impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom