PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 38 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great news! KO is doing what he had to do this year in building a great class for 2016. Keep it going KO and let's get 3 more guys we need! Can't wait to see AG play for us!

Reaction Score
He said he and Jalen played together when a bit younger and he loved playing with him. He's watched him progress since so I would think KO, Ricky and Jalen all had a hand in this WIN!

Reaction Score
[/QU OTE]

In February of 2014 some named Albany Cuse came on this board to advise UConn fans to enjoy staring at our 3 NC banners because with the conference UConn is in we won't win another for 100 years.
Two short months later UConn won it's 4th. Haven't heard from Albany Cuse since.
Considering the recruits we are landing, and the penalties Syracuse faces, it's quite likely UConn will get it's 5th NC long before Syr-excuse gets it's 2nd.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Wow. Sounds like a pretty cerebral point guard. Humble too.

"I think I fit in real well," Gilbert said. "I know UConn is a guard-oriented program. They like to get out in transition and create isolation opportunities for the guards. I'm just looking to create opportunities for myself and my teammates."

"Me and Jalen actually played together a few years back at Elite 100 Camp in St. Louis," Gilbert said. "We played really well together. Ever since then, I've been watching him, watching how his game has grown."

"I definitely have improved my game over the past year," Gilbert said. "I definitely feel like I've gotten more exposure as well, playing with my high school team and my AAU team, CP3. I know I still have to get better, but I feel like I've gotten better."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...alterique-gilbert-commits-connecticut-huskies

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Uploaded this for everyone that missed the live broadcast:

Kid is true pg. Can text and interview at same time.

Reaction Score
Seemed a little nervous with all the attention. I'm sure KO will stay on top of him to make a real confident kid in and out of the classroom.

Reaction Score
4747956218494976_zpsycmae7dp.jpg

Reaction Score

Killer backcourt with Adams and Gilbert. Add Diallo or Battle and they'll be close to as unguardable as far as college perimeters can be. Add a stretch-4 and it will be like 2014 all over again. We have our Bazz Boat combination set. Diallo would be our Giffey if he reclassifies and follows Diarra and Gilbert. Add Bailey, who would be our Daniels.

Diarra could turn out to be an Emeka type combo 4/5 interior rim protector, though it sure would be great to add a true 7 footer to this 2016 recruiting class. Enoch also looks like a 4/5 combo, so we might be just fine if KO doesn't add that type of big.

Edit: I completely forgot about Larrier. He looks like a DD Stretch-4. The 2016-17 team has the makings of being scary good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love how Jalen Adams is so excited about Gibbs and then Gilbert joining him. He knows he's a stud and going to play he just wants to win.
It's not exactly a hard sell to convince a PG recruit that there's room for two big time talents in the backcourt.

There's a bit of a recent history there.

Reaction Score
It's not exactly a hard sell to convince a PG recruit that there's room for two big time talents in the backcourt.

There's a bit of a recent history there.

LOTS of history......Going way back to Ollie/Sheffer...

Reaction Score
This was a big surprise considering Ollie can't recruit. Welcome Alterique!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom