PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 40 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
28m28 minutes ago
David Dickerson ‏@HoopKidz
#PeachJam crowd witnessed both Alterique Gilbert and Chris Lykes make argument for top PG in their respective classes
Lykes is 5'7 and not currently in any top 100, but I'm sure he's the best in his class...

And I love Gilbert, but once you see Dennis Smith and DeAaron Fox play, I think it's tough to argue that he's in that tier.

Reaction Score
Lykes is 5'7 and not currently in any top 100, but I'm sure he's the best in his class...

And I love Gilbert, but once you see Dennis Smith and DeAaron Fox play, I think it's tough to argue that he's in that tier.
Just posting an interesting tweet. And i know Smith, Simmons and Fox are probably the top 3, but Gilbert is definately chipping at their heels. I don't love what-if scenerios, but if Gilbert was 6'2 I'd bet he'd be a top 10-15 player in the class, maybe higher

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
A lot of love for Alterique Gilbert tonight on Twitter. 22 points, 5 assists and 2 steals.
Yessir Twitter is blowing up with rave reviews... Lesssgooo

Reaction Score

I think Lonzo Ball is better than both. He doesn't really play high level AAU though so his ranking may dive.

Reaction Score
AG plays at noon today with the winner moving on to the qtr. finals. The loser most likely going home. CP3 plays the Wings Elite. Both teams are 3-1 and tied with Team Takeover for first place in pool A. Top two teams move on. AG had 45 points combined in his two games yesterday. Him and Giles make and excellent 1-2 punch. Giles had 40 points yesterday.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Just posting an interesting tweet. And i know Smith, Simmons and Fox are probably the top 3, but Gilbert is definately chipping at their heels. I don't love what-if scenerios, but if Gilbert was 6'2 I'd bet he'd be a top 10-15 player in the class, maybe higher
Sorry, didn't mean to come off like I was knocking you. Just an exaggerated tweet.

Gilbert is on fire though. So happy we scooped him up before this weekend.

Reaction Score
Just saw KO watching the first game of Team Penny and Team Takeover... any guess who he is there to watch?

Reaction Score
TJ Moss Team Penny

And others I am sure but we have a thread below about this '18 kid and a recent offer according to his dad.

Reaction Score
TJ Moss Team Penny

And others I am sure but we have a thread below about this '18 kid and a recent offer according to his dad.
Believe Moss is actually on their 16U team. P.J. Washington, D.J. Harvey and maybe another player or two.

Reaction Score
12:00 team cp3 takes on elite wings on court 1, if elite wings is the same thing as arkansas wings then they have malik monk who is a very very highly touted prospect.

Reaction Score
gilbert just did the most ridiculous move to finish in the paint, tony parker esque the way he dips by his defender and plays glass. done it twice today. obviously a great pick n roll player and defender.

Reaction Score
gilbert just did the most ridiculous move to finish in the paint, tony parker esque the way he dips by his defender and plays glass. done it twice today. obviously a great pick n roll player and defender.
From everything I've seen, he has an uncanny ability to finish strong through contact. His build helps with that, but it's also one those skills that some guards seem to have while others don't.

Reaction Score
grant williams #23 on cp3 a beast downlow, great on the glass and finishing around the cup. also gilbert is destroying

Reaction Score
From everything I've seen, he has an uncanny ability to finish strong through contact. His build helps with that, but it's also one those skills that some guards seem to have while others don't.
not afraid of contact, very strong/wide upper body you can tell. similar to ty lawson.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gilbert can get to the rim whenever he wants, but like boatright, is not a great finisher. He had a very shabazz esq 3 pointer, and his a good defender. Harry Giles is a monster btw

Reaction Score
Gilbert can get to the rim whenever he wants, but like boatright, is not a great finisher. He had a very shabazz esq 3 pointer, and his a good defender. Harry Giles is a monster btw
not a great finisher? what are you talking about he scores at all three levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32