PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 23 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN basketball recruiting director talks new ESPN100

Q: Among the biggest movers was Miller Grove (Ga.) point Alterique Gilbert, who jumped 20 spots. What led to his rise?

A: He does three things really well. He doesn’t turn it over as a point guard and that’s huge because a lot of kids today are very careless with the ball who call themselves point guards. He makes open shots at a good percentage, he defends his position and he has great speed in the open floor and he also has the ability to change his speed and direction to get into the lane and score or find guys. He’s got a good drive-and-find game, so he’s been very consistent. He’s had strong performances, and he’s playing the hardest position there is on the floor.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/paul-bi...osh-jackson-jayson-tatum#sthash.6JXUnxvI.uxfs

Does three things really well:

1) Doesn't turn the ball over
2) Makes open shots
3) Defends his position
3) Great speed in the open floor
3) Can change speed and direction to get into the lane
3) Has a good drive-and-find game

Reaction Score
Does three things really well:

1) Doesn't turn the ball over
2) Makes open shots
3) Defends his position
3) Great speed in the open floor
3) Can change speed and direction to get into the lane
3) Has a good drive-and-find game
#E-S-P-N

Reaction Score
Interesting, brandon clay thought last year in june he could turn into a 5* player. He looks athletic as hell which is cool. Also has an awesome name
looks like brandon clay knows what he is talking about as a scout. was very high on AG this whole time.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
From the Scout article on May 6th:
"Although he’s yet to schedule his next visit, he said he could make his college choice as soon as two months from now."

TCF, Zionn, 3, Brochacho, do any of you know the likelihood of him committing in July?

Reaction Score
From the Scout article on May 6th:
"Although he’s yet to schedule his next visit, he said he could make his college choice as soon as two months from now."

TCF, Zionn, 3, Brochacho, do any of you know the likelihood of him committing in July?
If you are asking if he will be here by July 6th, probably not. We will add one or two other guys before July 6th if that makes you happy though. :)

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
If you are asking if he will be here by July 6th, probably not. We will add one or two other guys before July 6th if that makes you happy though. :)

please expand

Reaction Score
Based on the Bailey thread, my guess is Bailey would be the 1st and Diallo would be the possible 2nd?

Reaction Score
Based on the Bailey thread, my guess is Bailey would be the 1st and Diallo would be the possible 2nd?

Diallo has said he does not plan on committing early so I don't think it would be him. It does sound like Bailey could be one of them.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I will say again, God I hope we get this kid. More than any other.

Reaction Score
I will say again, God I hope we get this kid. More than any other.

Yup I think that's what most BYer's are thinking. UConn wins games with their guards and there aren't too many better guards in '16 than Alterique Gilbert.

Reaction Score
2015 Scouting Reports / Tweets
Elite Preview
3/14/2015​
Scout: Elite Preview Recap

Hoop Seen: Justin Young's four takeaways from the Elite Preview

Atlanta Hoops TV ‏@ATLHoopsTV Mar 31
Alterique Gilbert really stood out @hoopseen Elite Preview! Check out his performance ---> http://www.atlantahoopstv.com/?p=1206

EYBL: Sessions I, II, III, & IV
4/10 - 4/12; 4/24 - 4/26; 5/8 - 5/10; 5/23 - 5/25​
Jordan Divens ‏@HSHoopsElite Apr 11
2016 6' 1" PG Alterique Gilbert is putting on a show, hit back to back 15+ foot jumpers, got a defensive 5 second call. Doing everything!

Rob Harrington ‏@Rob_Harrington Apr 11
Ga. guard Alterique Gilbert has been among the weekend's best scorers. UConn, Illinois, Miami, others | http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1536719-gilbert-making-his-presence-felt?s=75… |

Corey Pegram ‏@CoreyPegram Apr 26
Thought CP3's guards could have fed the post better, but Alterique Gilbert cab really make shots. So tough at each level. #EYBL

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 May 10
Not sure many guys have been as productive than Alterique Gilbert. Sneaky stat lines and nearly uncontainable on breakdown/slice to rim

Eric Bossi ‏@ebosshoops May 10
2016 PG Alterique Gilbert is better than I had realized. Not many holes in his game and he competes/wins. Terrific college prospect #EYBL

Scott Burgess ‏@scottybscout May 25
Alterique Gilbert getting in lane at will. Athletic & strong PG has speed w ball. Finds guys for assists above the rim. J not falling

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN May 25
The guy getting it done in OT is Alterique Gilbert, a 6-ft-1 guard from CP3. Two acrobatic attacking scores and a nasty straight vert swat

Peach Jam
7/9 - 7/12​
Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello Jul 10
Alterique Gilbert never stops talking on defense. Constant chatter from him. Kevin Ollie sitting courtside, probably very happy. #PeachJam

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels Jul 10 North Augusta, SC
UConn pledge Alterique Gilbert is a tough, quick & aggressive PG. Team Final can't keep him out of pt. Makes plays at rim + pesky defender

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 Jul 10
Harry Giles and Alterique Gilbert combining for 31 at the half outscoring Takeover by 1. High level affair. Uconn commit has been great

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 Jul 10
Tonight just solidified just how good of a lead guard Alterique Gilbert is and will be at Uconn. Controls the pulse and tempo each time out

Paul Biancardi ‏@PaulBiancardi Jul 11
If there is an award for "best body control" it is going to Alterique Gilbert (@Alterique_G ) who is headed to #UConn. Finishes in traffic!

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN Jul 11
Alterique Gilbert putting on a show. Can't wait to see UConn backcourt of Gilbert and Jalen Adams in two years.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello Jul 11
Alterique Gilbert has been outstanding both times I've seen him this week. Touching paint whenever he wants. Array of finishes too.

Nike Global Challenge
July 13 - 15​
Scott/Ballislife ‏@BallisLifeCHI Jul 15
UConn commit Alterique Gilbert & Malik Monk showed out for USA South team on Day 1, Nike Global Challenge in Chicago

Scott Burgess ‏@scottybscout Jul 16
#Uconn commit PG Alterique Gilbert looking good early for USA South

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit Jul 16
USA South G Alterique Gilbert (@Alterique_G): 12 PTS, 6 REB, 3 AST in a win over Pan Africa #NikeGlobalChallenge http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/10939803?subseason=235987…

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit Jul 17
USA South G Alterique Gilbert (@Alterique_G): 13 PTS, 6 AST, 3 STL, 2 REB in a win over China #NikeGlobalChallenge http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/10939806?subseason=235987…

Scott Burgess ‏@scottybscout Jul 17
#Uconn commit Alterique Gilbert getting in lane and scoring at cup. Shot the ball really well tonight on contested shots from deep

Mike Schmitz ‏@Mike_Schmitz Jul 17
His size limits him a bit but Alterique Gilbert can really shoot it. Gets separation off the bounce. Great rise. Tough to stay in front of.

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 Jul 17
UConn commit Alterique Gilbert is on fire. He and Ty Jerome playing a little buddy ball against each other.

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit Jul 17
USA South G Alterique Gilbert (@Alterique_G): 30 PTS, 5 AST, 5 REB in a win over USA East #NikeGlobalChallenge http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/10939812…

Mike Schmitz ‏@Mike_Schmitz Jul 18
Alterique Gilbert has a little Pierre Jackson in him, both the good and the bad.

Scott Burgess ‏@scottybscout Jul 18
#Uconn commit PG Alterique Gilbert finishing monster week strong. Elite speed & handles in open floor. Passes it great. Range on shot

Ricky O'Donnell ‏@SBN_Ricky Jul 18
Might has learn how to spell Alterique Gilbert's name correctly now. UConn commit has been great this weekend. Ollie has another star PG.

Ryan Fish ‏@RyanMFish Jul 18
U.S. All Tournament Team: Miles Bridges, Myles Powell, Trae Young, Jarred Vanderbilt, Alterique Gilbert

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit Jul 18
USA South G Alterique Gilbert (@Alterique_G): 28 PTS, 5 AST, 4 REB, 2 STL in a win over West #GlobalChallengeChamps http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/10947939?subseason=235987…

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yup I think that's what most BYer's are thinking. UConn wins games with their guards and there aren't too many better guards in '16 than Alterique Gilbert.

Yes and I want Gilbert more than any PG rated as better than him. Plus he looks like a UConn point guard. He & Diallo would be unbelievable!

Reaction Score
That crossover is naaaaasty. Kid's got himself a nice handle, and looks like a perfect UConn guard.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Folks are getting pretty enamoured here. I would pass along advice to tred lightly, but what do I know? :confused:
Folks here are beyond enamoured. There are numerous other threads in which Gilbert is being talked about as part of future rosters. It's silly. You'd think people would learn after how the 2015 class went. Of course not.

Reaction Score
There are many top schools calling and in the running. I agree with z

Reaction Score
I agree with you guys above ^^^. I don't think it's ever good to go beyond "cautiously optimistic" in recruiting or you are likely setting yourself up for a big steaming heap of disappointment.

Reaction Score
Folks are getting pretty enamoured here. I would pass along advice to tred lightly, but what do I know? :confused:
Yeah this is definitely true. But, I don't feel like Gilbert is the type of kid to get enamored by the big schools. We were in on him early and he has built a good relationship with KO. I'm confident we will be able to get him.

Reaction Score
Yeah this is definitely true. But, I don't feel like Gilbert is the type of kid to get enamored by the big schools. We were in on him early and he has built a good relationship with KO. I'm confident we will be able to get him.

What are you basing that on?

Reaction Score
I am not trying to be a dick but..did you have thanksgiving with his family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01