PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm not saying we are doomed so get that played out boneyard meme out of here. Im saying that chances are AG wont be coming here. Not because Louisville offered him, but because he went on his official visit, allegedly had a great time, and just now a couple weeks later big offers start coming. To a kid who was being relatively lightly recruited and got a once in a lifetime chance to visit UConn, thats awesome. But once big name offers start coming in a couple weeks after the visit, maybe he will start to rethink things, "maybe I am actually way better than these ranking services say I am". Also everyone knows the schools to get the most recent visits have the upper hand, once you leave the campus every day the luster will wear off and the next visit will be the best one. In the end, none of the chatter or speculation on this board will change anything, this kid can play and I really hope he wears Husky blue but I'd be surprised frankly.

Reaction Score
Had 14 points and 5 assist. He had a tough shooing afternoon 5-14, 1-6 from three. Team got blown out in second half. Plays again at 9:30 tonight.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Relevant tweet on Gilbert's twitter that caught my eye, this is why building you're program's "brand" means, make yourself the premier destination, not a runner up in the average pedestrian's eyes.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I don't know who Kyle Wallace is but all of his tweets to Gilbert are not only capitalized and bolded but make sure to use the term "fam".

Seems to me he might be an 8th cousin, twice removed, who's a Stage 5 clinger. Well spoken young man though and obviously quite popular with the ladies.

https://twitter.com/1obeyk_

Reaction Score
@CoreyPegram: Thought CP3's guards could have fed the post better, but Alterique Gilbert cab really make shots. So tough at each level.
#EYBL

Reaction Score
Hans Sprungfeld said:
Really, this again? Maybe good comic timing, but I doubt I'll agree when I'm there next week.

Oh god, unwad your panties. It's a joke.

And yes, I've been to the Derby many times and I can still make a joke based on the premise that Louisville is a dump (because it is). And if you spend any time whatsoever outside of Churchill Downs (which ain't Saratoga) you probably will agree.

Have a great time.

Reaction Score
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/pitino-compares-new-offer-pg-recipient-to-recent-u-of-l-standouts

Four-star Georgia point guard Alterique Gilbert said he was happy to receive a scholarship from the University of Louisville this past week, though he hasn’t decided if he wants to visit the school.

“(Pitino) said he liked me and that I would fit their Louisville system like past guards like Russ Smith, Peyton Siva, Terry Rozier and Chris Jones,” Gilbert said. “Just guards that play hard.”

Gilbert’s reactions to those comparisons?

“I like it,” he said. “I play similar to those guys.”

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/pitino-compares-new-offer-pg-recipient-to-recent-u-of-l-standouts

Four-star Georgia point guard Alterique Gilbert said he was happy to receive a scholarship from the University of Louisville this past week, though he hasn’t decided if he wants to visit the school.

“(Pitino) said he liked me and that I would fit their Louisville system like past guards like Russ Smith, Peyton Siva, Terry Rozier and Chris Jones,” Gilbert said. “Just guards that play hard.”

But wouldn't he rather play like guys like Kemba Walker, Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

I cannot stand watching louisville basketball. It's like watching lance Stephenson dribble a basketball, I start to have seizures

Reaction Score
[I said:

“I like it,” he said. “I play similar to those guys.”[/I]
so he can't shoot?

Reaction Score
http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/...ington-eybl-top-performers-from-carter-wilson

Alterique Gilbert, CP3, 2016
The HoopSeen staff is more than familiar with Gilbert, so it was no surprise that he performed at the level that he did. Gilbert was fantastic in every facet of the game. He shot it well from deep, scored by getting to the basket, got into the paint and distributed to teammates, and played with high energy. However, where Gilbert shined today was on the defensive end of the floor, where he applied the clamps to opposing guards.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/...ington-eybl-top-performers-from-carter-wilson

The HoopSeen staff is more than familiar with Gilbert, so it was no surprise that he performed at the level that he did. Gilbert was fantastic in every facet of the game. He shot it well from deep, scored by getting to the basket, got into the paint and distributed to teammates, and played with high energy. However, where Gilbert shined today was on the defensive end of the floor, where he applied the clamps to opposing guards.
I'm happy you the the other guys are providing us this info on recruits. I'd be thrilled if these were reports about players who have sent in LOI's to UConn.

Reaction Score

Clamping down on D sounds like a hungry Husky to me!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm happy you the the other guys are providing us this info on recruits. I'd be thrilled if these were reports about players who have sent in LOI's to UConn.
Got to wait til November for that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kid is UConn bound. You guys produce fantastic guards and him and Adams will be tough to contain.

I see what you did there, reverse jinx.

Reaction Score
Kid is UConn bound. You guys produce fantastic guards and him and Adams will be tough to contain.
Fan of Memphis, Memphis in Tennessee, Tennessee close to Georgia, Gilbert from Georgia. Commitment is imminent.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Fan of Memphis, Memphis in Tennessee, Tennessee close to Georgia, Gilbert from Georgia. Commitment is imminent.
Does he work at a car wash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak