Path Forward for UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Path Forward for UConn

Reaction Score
I realize hope is not a strategy, but I’m banking that change is our friend at this point. I don’t think anyone predicted the scope and pace of this week’s changes. When a school like Stanford - which every year is in the running for the Directors Cup (best overall performance of all athletic teams) - is left out in the cold, I believe that will accelerate the formation of 20-24 team conferences and we find a home.

Reaction Score
Agreed, it makes absolutely no sense what the Pac 12 did yesterday.
No one said it did. But it’s equally crazy to think after yesterday that somehow the acc is the winner in this.

Reaction Score
I don't believe the ACC survives. I think half goes SEC then half goes big 10. Then a couple are stuck. But at the end if all this East Coast basketball, football or not, also needs to be carved up or there's no viewership. At the end of the day I think the Big10 is smart enough to be looking that far into the future. If I'm Vandy or Northweatern or any other number of schools im getting scared they no longer have enough originals to protect them.
Unlike the PAC (now at 4 schools), I think they survive, it’s just where they stand in the pecking order. If they lost 4, it would be easy enough to backfill and be competitive with XII.

Plus, Stanford, Cal, Tulane, SMU would probably be more willing to work with the ACC than XII due to academic prestige.

Reaction Score
Unlike the PAC (now at 4 schools), I think they survive, it’s just where they stand in the pecking order. If they lost 4, it would be easy enough to backfill and be competitive with XII.
Not in football. Which probably means not in a tv deal. Then it all spirals downward.

Reaction Score

Plus, Stanford, Cal, Tulane, SMU would probably be more willing to work with the ACC than XII due to academic prestige.
A conference with Louisville in it?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Miami is the exception to that rule, I don't like them but networks would absolutely pay imo
Why? How do you perceive them to be different from every other program?

Reaction Score
A conference with Louisville in it?
Yes. But you had to pick the one school that we all know was a cultural outsider at that time they were picked but only got the invite because they were perceived as a football strength. They should’ve gone the route of Cincinnati if they didn’t pick us. We all know this but I guess you don’t.

Reaction Score
And Stanford will fly 3500 miles across the country every other week? Geography will come into play as well.
If they want to remain P4 they will. And not much different than USC/UCLA to NJ/PA/MD. Or UCONN to AZ/UT.

Stanford is probably one of those schools who could copy Notre Dames model.

Reaction Score
If they want to remain P4 they will. And not much different than USC/UCLA to NJ/PA/MD. Or UCONN to AZ/UT.

Stanford is probably one of those schools who could copy Notre Dames model.
It’s quite different actually. Usc has three other schools out west and more times than not has to fly to Midwest, with an occasional trip to the east. Stanford has no one out west and will have to fly further almost always on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
It’s quite different actually. Usc has three other schools out west and more times than not has to fly to Midwest, with an occasional trip to the east. Stanford has no one out west and will have to fly further almost always on a regular basis.
Only one other school when usc made their move, not much difference between a 2.5 and 3.5 hr fight, and of course you pick the worst case scenario to contradict my original point that the ACC can bring in schools to replace tbd departures and still be on par with XII. So feel free to think I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
I don't see any way Notre Dame ever joins the Big 10.
I understand your point. They control their own destiny the way it is now. And there is quite a bit of history. But ND is already in the B1G in hockey.

Reaction Score
If UConn doesn't get the invite soon, UConn needs to look into a steaming model with linear TV to get the football program profitable.

UConn can partner with Apple TV or Amazon to broadcast it's football games. I believe many big schools will go this route in the future as well if they think they can make more money on their own vs. being in a conference. There isn't any justification that Vandy should make the same amount as Alabama.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_2023-08-05-16-12-56-68_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If UConn doesn't get the invite soon, UConn needs to look into a steaming model with linear TV to get the football program profitable.

UConn can partner with Apple TV or Amazon to broadcast it's football games. I believe many big schools will go this route in the future as well if they think they can make more money on their own vs. being in a conference. There isn't any justification that Vandy should make the same amount as Alabama.
I think we already have a steaming model.

Reaction Score
UConn definitely deserves a P3 revenue sharing spot simply based on their current top 50 spot in athletic revenue shown in 2022 data
Imagine where they would be if they were currently sharing ACC or B12 revenue.
Exactly. Wandering the wastelands look what UConn has achieved.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
UConn definitely deserves a P3 revenue sharing spot simply based on their current top 50 spot in athletic revenue shown in 2022 data
Imagine where they would be if they were currently sharing ACC or B12 revenue.
Better yet, imagine if we were able to help the B1G claim a few more NCAA Men's Basketball Championships.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Conspicuously absent on this list:
Duke, BC, Syracuse
I'd love to crow about this but there is the possibility that as private schools they aren't required to make this information available. I don't believe there were any private schools on the list.

Reaction Score
I'd love to crow about this but there is the possibility that as private schools they aren't required to make this information available. I don't believe there were any private schools on the list.
Excellent point- you are correct
ND probably would have been near the top

Reaction Score
Please don't ruin our fun with facts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom