Pastner, Calimari Lite? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pastner, Calimari Lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Exactly. Why pretend his high school coaching is anything other than a pretense? If those were my sons I would be considering a Memphis job offer too. I do believe this has the potential to bite you in the ass.

Given the current NCAA rules on the scenario, this has zero chance to bite them in the ass. From an infractions standpoint.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Given the current NCAA rules on the scenario, this has zero chance to bite them in the ass. From an infractions standpoint.
I meant the father is going to have way too much leverage if he can threaten to bring his kids with him anywhere he goes. Which he has already confirmed.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I meant the father is going to have way too much leverage if he can threaten to bring his kids with him anywhere he goes. Which he has already confirmed.

Yet he turned down more money from Vandy and Mississippi to work at Memphis. These kids, and their father, are from Memphis and grew up watching Memphis basketball. We've now given their father a six-figure income job, and the sons a chance to make the NBA under Pastner like Will Barton and Elliot Williams.

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Where Vandy & Miss. just making a more desperate move than Memphis? How many college offers did he get w/o bringing his kids.
Just because it is not against the rules doesn't mean it's not embarrassing.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Where Vandy & Miss. just making a more desperate move than Memphis? How many college offers did he get w/o bringing his kids.
Just because it is not against the rules doesn't mean it's not embarrassing.

You admit two key things:

1) if we didn't do it, someone else would.
2) it's not against the rules.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yet he turned down more money from Vandy and Mississippi to work at Memphis. These kids, and their father, are from Memphis and grew up watching Memphis basketball. We've now given their father a six-figure income job, and the sons a chance to make the NBA under Pastner like Will Barton and Elliot Williams.
I haven't seen the other job offers. How would anyone know what they were offering, or is just guessing? He's the one who said his kids would follow him if he decided to go somewhere else, not me.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the other job offers. How would anyone know what they were offering, or is just guessing? He's the one who said his kids would follow him if he decided to go somewhere else, not me.
Yeah Vandy and Old Miss were trying to get in with Lawson along with Oregon.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

Because I actually keep up with this stuff, and follow my team...
Lawson said he’s been contacted by four other schools besides Memphis. One, he told The Commercial Appeal this week, has suggested it could offer him as much as a $300,000 salary.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/lawson-brothers-pastner-memphis-tigers

Memphis, Oregon (with Nike money), Vandy, and Mississippi were all after Lawson

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pastner isn't that bad, he's also a good interview... not conceited like squid. little known fact he coached Emeka on the houston aau circuit ages ago? he's also 36 and been in the game since he was like 21. I would guess he is decent at x&o's but i bet he has a hard time getting his players to buy in. give him time

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
"Lawson suggested." Lol. He sounds like a piece of work. Good luck with that.

Show me where Keelon Lawson has lied in this entire process...he's been open and honest about his intentions.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You admit two key things:

1) if we didn't do it, someone else would.
2) it's not against the rules.

1) agreed but not everyone would do it. Morals are not about what other people might stoop to.
2) I already said that!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Show me where Keelon Lawson has lied in this entire process...he's been open and honest about his intentions.
His intentions on leaving the moment things don't go his way. Again, he's your boy, hope it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom