Pan Am stats for Stewie & MoJeff are amazing..!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pan Am stats for Stewie & MoJeff are amazing..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yet another example of the grit, pride and excellence of these UConn players.

And, while I am at it, a tip of the Boneyard cap to DiN for his characteristic perspicacity in ferreting significant stats for the rest of us.

Confession. An excuse to sneak in a favorite word: perspicacity (other faves: bodacious, humungous, serendipitous, and copacetic:cool:).

I should know better than to start with the self-anointed grammarian of the Boneyard who has mercilessly raked many, BUT .... isn't it humongous?

And speaking truth to power, the most appropriate use of bodacious and humongous could only apply to Sophia

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
View attachment 10043

Give Canada all the credit you want, but know that Stewie & MoJeff left everything they had on the floor at the Pan Am tournament. Those two UConn seniors "comported" themselves wonderfully....;)

1. Minutes played - Stewie #1 w/ 32.6 minutes per game, Moriah #2 at 32.2... :)
2. Points scored - Stewie #1 w/ 93 pts or 18.6 per game. MoJeff #2 at 12.2 per game.
3. Assists - MoJeff #1 w/ 19 assists, 2nd place had 9....
4. Rebounds - Breanna was 2nd w/ 45, MoJeff was 3rd w/ 16. (Coates led at 50)
5. Free throws made = Stewie #1 w/ 19
6. Steals = Stewie #1 w/ 9 (tie)
7. Blocked shots - Stewie #1 w/ 6 (tie)
8. Three pt shots made - Jefferson and Stewart tied for 1st w/ 8.

Their effort was what UConn fans have come to expect, the Silver Medal perhaps a bit less. But both can be proud of the way they played and how hard they tried..!!

Go Huskies..!!

Great post David. Allow me to reflect back on a phrase that former Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green used during a post game news conference after a loss to the Chicago Bears, that fit Mo & Stewie during the tournament: (everyone remembers this one) "They were who we thought they were".

UConn Nation is not surprised by their efforts (business as usual). The problem was, they didn't get a lot of help. The coach knew they were the two best players on the team, and THEY came to play, which is why they spent so much time on the floor. Go Dawgs...!!

Reaction Score
Sorry - they lost. No excuses. I think Stewie and Mo would agree. Wanna win? Play better next time.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Apparently your professor made you uncomfortable using new words that have snuck into everyday English.

Rest easy. It happens all the time - and painlessly. President Bush (I) used the term "deep doo-doo." Obama did a number on Hillary to grasp the nomination. Football gave us blindside and cheap shot, both of which have spread to general use. Basketball (maybe?) gave us "good no-call." Young people coined the verb dis(s) from disrespect. And so on.

Our language is constantly evolving, for better or worse. Ignore it if you wish or, better yet, go all-in (that used to be all-out) in embracing this evolution.
all in equals... getting in your a**, all over you, in your jersey
all out means "by any means necessary"

Mel Thomas went all out, Kelly Faris is all in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom