Pan Am stats for Stewie & MoJeff are amazing..!! | The Boneyard

Pan Am stats for Stewie & MoJeff are amazing..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
stewie 3.JPG

Give Canada all the credit you want, but know that Stewie & MoJeff left everything they had on the floor at the Pan Am tournament. Those two UConn seniors "comported" themselves wonderfully....;)

1. Minutes played - Stewie #1 w/ 32.6 minutes per game, Moriah #2 at 32.2... :)
2. Points scored - Stewie #1 w/ 93 pts or 18.6 per game. MoJeff #2 at 12.2 per game.
3. Assists - MoJeff #1 w/ 19 assists, 2nd place had 9....
4. Rebounds - Breanna was 2nd w/ 45, MoJeff was 3rd w/ 16. (Coates led at 50)
5. Free throws made = Stewie #1 w/ 19
6. Steals = Stewie #1 w/ 9 (tie)
7. Blocked shots - Stewie #1 w/ 6 (tie)
8. Three pt shots made - Jefferson and Stewart tied for 1st w/ 8.

Their effort was what UConn fans have come to expect, the Silver Medal perhaps a bit less. But both can be proud of the way they played and how hard they tried..!!

Go Huskies..!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Have they named the all tournament team?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
View attachment 10043

Give Canada all the credit you want, but know that Stewie & MoJeff left everything they had on the floor at the Pan Am tournament. Those two UConn seniors "comported" themselves wonderfully....;)

2. Points scored - Stewie #1 w/ 93 pts or 18.6 per game. MoJeff #2 at 12.2 per game.

Their effort was what UConn fans have come to expect, the Silver Medal perhaps a bit less. But both can be proud of the way they played and how hard they tried..!!

Go Huskies..!!

Yet another example of the grit, pride and excellence of these UConn players.

And, while I am at it, a tip of the Boneyard cap to DiN for his characteristic perspicacity in ferreting significant stats for the rest of us.

Confession. An excuse to sneak in a favorite word: perspicacity (other faves: bodacious, humungous, serendipitous, and copacetic:cool:).

Reaction Score
I mentioned in another thread - I think it's possible to argue, and fair to say, that UCONN was represented by the 3 best players in the entire Pan Am games...
I think it's more than fair to say--and I don't believe it can be argued, that the two best players on the USA team were Stewie and Moriah and the best young player on the Canadian team was Kia Nurse, and possibly the best guard on that team. I am so proud of how these three women carried themselves I'm just thrilled. Except for the outcome, and the obvious exhaustion of Ms 's Stewart and Jefferson, we have to all be pleased!!! If they remain healthy is there any doubt how far they can go??

Reaction Score

And, while I am at it, a tip of the Boneyard cap to DiN for his characteristic perspicacity in ferreting significant stats for the rest of us.

Confession. An excuse to sneak in a favorite word: perspicacity (other faves: bodacious, humungous, serendipitous, and copacetic:cool:).
Perspicacity, serendipitous (or serendipity), humongous --I like, bodacious not so much --copacetic haven't used since Sister Mary Joseph and the Dead End Kids.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Perspicacity, serendipitous (or serendipity), humongous --I like, bodacious not so much --copacetic haven't used since Sister Mary Joseph and the Dead End Kids.

original.jpg

"Did you see that bodacious set of tatas?"

Reaction Score
Have they named the all tournament team?
Breanna Stewart and Moriah Jefferson can't make the All Tourney Team---because they embarrassed the other 13 USA players--those 13 just found out how real Champions play--and it wasn't pretty.

Reaction Score
Copacetic is an interesting word. I remember (in 1967) a college professor telling me that it was the perfect example of slang being taken seriously and that in a very short period of time (25 years at that point) it had become accepted as a legitimate English adjective.

Military slang brought home and used regularly by the man of the house, heard by his children, and then respected as having both provenance and real meaning.

As a result I don't use it, but that's not as a judgement; it just makes me uncomfortable.

I give Kibitzer full credit though for finding a way to slip perspicacity into a posting. I don't even know what it means.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Copacetic is an interesting word. I remember (in 1967) a college professor telling me that it was the perfect example of slang being taken seriously and that in a very short period of time (25 years at that point) it had become accepted as a legitimate English adjective.

Military slang brought home and used regularly by the man of the house, heard by his children, and then respected as having both provenance and real meaning.

As a result I don't use it, but that's not as a judgement; it just makes me uncomfortable.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
All right Kib - time for a little payback! :rolleyes:
Perspicacity?
I really think, while it is an interesting word and minimally applicable, you should have chosen better! A word would have been a simple 'effort', and more adventurous choices: 'industry', 'application', 'discipline', 'devotion', 'dedication', etc.

I am sure it took David 'time' and 'persistence', but see little in the 'pains' he took that I would consider as 'shrewd' or having a 'ready insight'. Perhaps his post itself is better described as 'perspicacious' but the not so much the 'ferreting out' of the statistics, 'significant' or otherwise. :)

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Perspicacity?
I really think, while it is an interesting word and minimally applicable, you should have chosen better! A word would have been a simple 'effort', and more adventurous choices: 'industry', 'application', 'discipline', 'devotion', 'dedication', etc.

I am sure it took David 'time' and 'persistence', but see little in the 'pains' he took that I would consider as 'shrewd' or having a 'ready insight'. Perhaps his post itself is better described as 'perspicacious' but the not so much the 'ferreting out' of the statistics, 'significant' or otherwise. :)

Actually, I was sitting on my worn couch in my underwear, eating a burned TV dinner and drinking a beer from a plastic cup. I looked up a few numbers on my Dell computer and wrote them on the back of a soiled napkin. In between large belches, I posted what I had without bothering to check spelling or grammar. I thank you all for the more positive picture of my efforts... :rolleyes:

P.S. - Sometimes, when the A/C quits, I get perspicacity stains on my old UConn T shirt, under the arms ...;)

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Perspicacity?

I concede the point and appreciate the sagacity of your response.;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
View attachment 10043

Go Huskies..!!
Di you mean to write UCONN rising seniors.

Reaction Score

I'm afraid your use of superior words fall short of the standards established for use on The Boneyard. Words of a superior nature should appear to be scandalous, nature or, at the least, mislead the reader attempting to glean the meaning of the word based on it's construct.

An example of a word appropriate for use on The Boneyard is Nympholepsy. Not a convulsive condition of nubiles, but a passionate longing for something unattainable.

Proper Boneyard use of this word: "I have noticed that Lady Vol fans enter a state of nympholepsy when thoughts of final 4 participation enter their heads."

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I'm afraid your use of superior words fall short of the standards established for use on The Boneyard. Words of a superior nature should appear to be scandalous, nature or, at the least, mislead the reader attempting to glean the meaning of the word based on it's construct.

An example of a word appropriate for use on The Boneyard is Nympholepsy. Not a convulsive condition of nubiles, but a passionate longing for something unattainable.

Proper Boneyard use of this word: "I have noticed that Lady Vol fans enter a state of nympholepsy when thoughts of final 4 participation enter their heads."

Ahem. And one.

Thanks for your superb guidance about use of long words like nympholepsy "to mislead the reader attempting to glean the meaning of the word based on its construct."

BUT:

You mistakenly attempted to mislead a reader attempting to grasp your guidance about usage of long words (e.g., nympholepsy) by inserting an apostrophe in the simple short possessive its and inexplicably converting it into an errant contraction, it's. :cool:

And I think you meant mature, not nature. Typo. ;)

Reaction Score
Ahem. And one.

Thanks for your superb guidance about use of long words like nympholepsy "to mislead the reader attempting to glean the meaning of the word based on its construct."

BUT:

You mistakenly attempted to mislead a reader attempting to grasp your guidance about usage of long words (e.g., nympholepsy) by inserting an apostrophe in the simple short possessive its and inexplicably converting it into an errant contraction, it's. :cool:

And I think you meant mature, not nature. Typo. ;)
Actually, I meant to include the words "of a" before the word scandalous... of a scandalous nature... I have no excuse for it's.

I did learn one thing. Always proofread one's writing when responding to Kibitzer or risk being considered yemeless. (To save Googling - yemeless - adj. Negligent and careless).:)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Throughout this discussion among a few 'Yarders (I don't dare use words like "dialogue between, , ,"), we forgot the cardinal rule:

Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do." ;)

(Thanks to the late Bill Safire)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Apparently your professor made you uncomfortable using new words that have snuck into everyday English.

Rest easy. It happens all the time - and painlessly. President Bush (I) used the term "deep doo-doo." Obama did a number on Hillary to grasp the nomination. Football gave us blindside and cheap shot, both of which have spread to general use. Basketball (maybe?) gave us "good no-call." Young people coined the verb dis(s) from disrespect. And so on.

Our language is constantly evolving, for better or worse. Ignore it if you wish or, better yet, go all-in (that used to be all-out) in embracing this evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom