Paige out 6-8 weeks [Merged Thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Paige out 6-8 weeks [Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not her decision. That's why there's a training staff. They decide when she's cleared for play.
I thought the coach gets a tie breaking vote?

Reaction Score

Good luck to Paige!
I had a traumatic tibial plateau fracture ( falling off a ladder ).
Surgery, yes for me, but I was in my sixties!! My surgery was
at Brigham and Women's in BOSTON, those Harvard Docs!
Yes, there was a good result with my leg. GO UCONN!
And conveniently the Brigham and Women's Standard of Care for this injury is available on-line for those lay folk who dare to gain some knowledge of the subject. It is written in English and should be understood by many of the non-medical members of the BY. The concept of "exclusive knowledge" is why we pay so much for health care. Some information is accessible to most with a little effort. Reporting what you read by authorities is not the same as making your own diagnostic and treatment plan. If you get a headache reading about this, take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we know what to expect. The criticism from posters will continue to come, especially after a loss. The great thing about the Boneyard is if there is a post or thread you're not interested in, you can delete it forever, and move on. I've deleted a lot of threads I had no interest in. This to me is not good news. I was hoping for a better report. It is what it is. UConn has been pretty lucky avoiding the injury bug in recent years. We seem to have a rash of them this year. The team will have to go on without her. They might as well begin to get their minds right that things will be different the next 2 months.

Now the question is who will step up? 1 players, 2 players, 3 players? No more deferring to Paige for awhile. Adversity either builds character or reveals it. Let's see how the team (and the team leaders) responds to this unfortunate dilemma.

Get well soon Paige.
Everyone is disappointed by the injury to Paige. And the injury to Azzi Fudd and Aubrey. As you point out, UCONN has been pretty free of the disastrous injury bug, since Caroline Doty and Shea Ralph ( both, quite a few years back ). So now, the team faces a new challenge. Paige led the team in everything positive. Including pure heart and passion. No one should try to become the new Paige. But everyone needs to become the best versions of themselves. This will truly be a team effort because there is no one to " go to" when the going gets tough. And the coaching staff will be tested as well. It is fortunate that there is a real possibility Paige will return this season in full health. Until then, the team must persevere down three key players; Paige, Azzi and Aubrey. And there is no timetable on the latter two players, either. Just as an aside, a " near fracture " condition on Azzi's foot is not a two week fix. It, typically, is a 4-6 week fix. And Aubrey's back has no time limit. So it will be fascinating...though far different from what we expected and hoped.....to see how this team emerges. Who will step-up? Will we see whether Mir McClain has game? Will Piath be called upon to do more than mop up in a blowout game? And how long will the silence and ghosting ( of information ) retain on the mystery of DeBerry? See you Thursday.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Everyone is disappointed by the injury to Paige. And the injury to Azzi Fudd and Aubrey. As you point out, UCONN has been pretty free of the disastrous injury bug, since Caroline Doty and Shea Ralph ( both, quite a few years back ). So now, the team faces a new challenge. Paige led the team in everything positive. Including pure heart and passion. No one should try to become the new Paige. But everyone needs to become the best versions of themselves. This will truly be a team effort because there is no one to " go to" when the going gets tough. And the coaching staff will be tested as well. It is fortunate that there is a real possibility Paige will return this season in full health. Until then, the team must persevere down three key players; Paige, Azzi and Aubrey. And there is no timetable on the latter two players, either. Just as an aside, a " near fracture " condition on Azzi's foot is not a two week fix. It, typically, is a 4-6 week fix. And Aubrey's back has no time limit. So it will be fascinating...though far different from what we expected and hoped.....to see how this team emerges. Who will step-up? Will we see whether Mir McClain has game? Will Piath be called upon to do more than mop up in a blowout game? And how long will the silence and ghosting ( of information ) retain on the mystery of DeBerry? See you Thursday.
Thanks, well said. :) Time to play some players on our "deep" bench we were so enthusiastically effusive about this summer. One month into the season now they are needed whether they're ready or not. Thought for today and the foreseeable future: baptismal under fire. ALL hands on deck. :cool: Who knows, one of those reserves might be a gamer that is ready to blossom and really surprise Geno. :eek: We could sure use some "good news" right about now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is very good news! Not the ligament - which could be recurring. Also, 6-8 weeks with a tibial plateau fracture must mean a hairline (mild) fracture with no surgery/pins for support. Typically, the recovery time is 4 months or more with these types of fractures with/without surgery.
It's 4 months recovery without surgery. I asked my friend who's a doctor in NYC.

Reaction Score
UCONN has been pretty free of the disastrous injury bug, since Caroline Doty and Shea Ralph ( both, quite a few years back ).
Guess I must have imagined the whole injury to Katie Lou... I think had she been healthy she would could of/would have helped UCONN her senior season to a much better outcome.

Reaction Score
The Glass is half full.

Imagine the knowledge a young Paige Bueckers will acquire after 2 months of watching the games from the bench. The minor setback will be a tremendous asset to her overall game.
if you think she's only going to miss 2 months I have some magic beans to sell

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

I have been wondering how Paige would deal with her injury. I am absolutely inspired by her Instagram post. Clearly, Paige will confront her injury the same way she confronts any challenge she faces, head on and with her total commitment to overcome whatever lies ahead. What a remarkable young lady.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have been wondering how Paige would deal with her injury. I am absolutely inspired by her Instagram post. Clearly, Paige will confront her injury the same way she confronts any challenge she faces, head on and with her total commitment to overcome whatever lies ahead. What a remarkable young lady.
Paige is known to have a very spiritual mindset. That is very helpful when confronting great obstacles. And I am sure that no one will handle her rehab with more intensity than Paige.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Her story was really nice — pics of her teammates picking her up every time she fell. Made me smile. :D

Reaction Score
If there is a good result (besides that it wasn't an ACL tear) is the team has a couple of days before their next game at GA Tech to get used to Paige not being on the floor with them and all the players have to step up improving on their individual stats to make up for the 20 point loss she leaves behind!
I believe this will make the team stronger till she gets back!

Reaction Score
Reading some of the things posted here is like watching Doogie Howser, M.D.

I may be crawling way out on a limb here, but I'm going to stick with what the actual doctors on the case have to say.

Reaction Score
It's too bad. I think Paige would have won NPOY. Those chances are gone now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Glass is half full.

Imagine the knowledge a young Paige Bueckers will acquire after 2 months of watching the games from the bench. The minor setback will be a tremendous asset to her overall game.
It worked wonders for Sue Bird in 1998-99.

Reaction Score
For Geno to say she's out 6 to 8 weeks we have to believe it's a minor fracture. Otherwise, according to the articles I read, it's 6 to 8 weeks in a brace or cast to stabilize the fracture and let it heal if it doesn't require surgery and then another 2 to 6 months of rehab to regain strength, flexibility and mobility.
Since the top of the tibia is the floor of the knee joint a more serious fracture can cause meniscus and ligament damage that requires surgery and extended recovery time.
It's Paige's health and future that's at stake and I think it's selfish and premature for anyone here to fret about when she returns just so we can win a National Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom