Paige out 6-8 weeks [Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1638891969811.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Best we can hope for after 2 day process. God will want to see her play in the tournament. MN Bound.

Reaction Score
Wishing Paige all the best in her recovery! Grateful for her that this was not season-ending and that she'll be able to play again in a couple months. While not the best-case outcome, it is certainly not the worst-case either and I'm sure everyone is thankful to hear that!

Reaction Score
Wonderful news for us fans, if 6-8 weeks can be wonderful. And considering the circumstances, I bet Paige is happy with it, too. UConn would fight it's way into March Madness with or without the gift of Paige's return. And Paige is an unstoppable force of nature. So watch out world, when she's back.

Captain Obvious, here. One of the biggest trending topis on the internet today: Tibial Plateau Fracture.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have no doubt that Paige will be an incredible bench support for this team as they embark on the next few months. The team appears to be so close that I can imagine the rest of them will be extremely motivated to play well in Paige's honor. I believe very much in the team's ability to step up and get it done for her and for the program.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, we’ll now see the difference from true die-hard UConn fans to the fair-weather fans moving forward. The team has been hit with the adversity bug, and depending on how some of the current injured players recover, will impact the team’s success in the near-term. Now is the time to throw full support behind everyone. Let’s hope they circle the wagon and each individual raise their level of play.

From a personal level, I hope Paige makes a full recovery and can back on the court to display her magic and seemingly universal appeal. While I will cheer on the team and players, I will be disappointed in not seeing her play because her style of play is such a joy to watch and her charisma is irreplaceable.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
This sounds like a better outcome. Bones can heal. Ligaments have to be surgically repaired. Considering her age and condition healing should be complete. See you in March Paige. The bummer for her is she just went through so much rehab in the off season and now she will have more. She couldn’t have better support and facilities to help with that.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not familiar with this type of fracture but a quick Google suggests that it probably was not a non-contact injury, it just didn’t get fully aggravated until what we witnessed. Maybe earlier in the game where she hit the deck several times. Meaning this situation.was probably going to happen fairly soon even if she was already out of the game. Hope for a speedy and not too painful recovery.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My 14 year old neice suffered this injury while skiing last winter. She was heavily restricted for 4 months, but everyone is different.

Reaction Score
Looking on the bright side, this injury could have been far worse...........Over all UConn has been pretty lucky as far as injuries go over the past few years compared to some of their rivals...........I view this as a great growth opportunity for the rest of the team to step forward and play their best basketball while they await their teammates' return.........they'll certainly have a great cheerleader on the bench rooting them on..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom