Outcoached. Again. | The Boneyard

Outcoached. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
End of first quarter. 6-3 SU.

Rest of the game, after factoring in- watching the game, making adjustments and moving forward?

34-7 SU.

When Uconn is consistently outscored from quarters 2-4, it's all on the coaches. Whether it's adjusting schemes, play calling or motivating, it's clear that other teams have more up their sleeves than Uconn does.

Find a new coach and staff.

Reaction Score
End of first quarter. 6-3 SU.

Rest of the game, after factoring in- watching the game, making adjustments and moving forward?

34-7 SU.

When Uconn is consistently outscored from quarters 2-4, it's all on the coaches. Whether it's adjusting schemes, play calling or motivating, it's clear that other teams have more up their sleeves than Uconn does.

Find a new coach and staff.
We do not have enough talent. Plain and simple.

Reaction Score

Enough talent to do what? Make a bowl game?? More than half of the teams in FBS make bowl games not sure I buy that we dont have enough talent to be in the top half of all FBS.

unless you mean we dont have enough talent on the coaching staff then I completely agree.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

coaches can and do make a difference. Every day in every sport

we did not just play a good and talented team, and we did not compete

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Enough talent to do what? Make a bowl game?? More than half of the teams in FBS make bowl games not sure I buy that we dont have enough talent to be in the top half of all FBS.

unless you mean we dont have enough talent on the coaching staff then I completely agree.
Execution sucks ass problem 1

Reaction Score

Thats Bull! We are not nearly this bad......We are not less talented then Temple.....We are not equally talented with Buffalo.....And We are CERTAINLY not this OVERMATCHED talent-wise with Syracuse (a bottom dweller in the Big East)......Just a load of excuses for the coaching staff.........Have the players quit? Not completely but are they in it to win it right now? HELL NO! Solely because they don't believe in this coaching staff........

Reaction Score
Thats Bull! We are not nearly this bad......We are not less talented then Temple.....We are not equally talented with Buffalo.....And We are CERTAINLY not this OVERMATCHED talent-wise with Syracuse (a bottom dweller in the Big East)

How do you quantify the above - your opinion or facts?

Reaction Score

With my intellect and my keen m & eye...........I don't need to hear it from you that there is no way to know who technically has more talent.......gee willakers you can't put a number on football talent....no way.... I've watched plenty of football in my day to know what skill and talent looks like......Are you really stating the contrary? And If so how do you quantify that those teams (Temple, Buffalo, and Syracuse) have equal or better talent? Hmmmmm.............Get real........My answer is it is an obvious opinion that is also held by the majority of the knowledgeable college football fans.....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Negative yard rushing, being outscored by five touchdowns over the last 35 minutes, using one time out over the past game and a half and not having one consecutive game since taking over as coach.

I spent less than 30 seconds on them. What "facts" do you have suggesting improvement is imminent with the current staff?

Reaction Score
Are we less talented than at any point during the prior regime?

I don't see how the answer could be yes. Whitmer is far better than DJ for Christ's sale.

week to week we are worse. How is that not coaching? The schedule isn't getting that much tougher. But we are getting worse.

Reaction Score
To say we don't have enough talent is so stupid. We beat better teams with lower rated talent.

Reaction Score
Thats Bull! We are not nearly this bad......We are not less talented then Temple.....We are not equally talented with Buffalo.....And We are CERTAINLY not this OVERMATCHED talent-wise with Syracuse (a bottom dweller in the Big East)......Just a load of excuses for the coaching staff.........Have the players quit? Not completely but are they in it to win it right now? HELL NO! Solely because they don't believe in this coaching staff........

With my intellect and my keen m & eye...........I don't need to hear it from you that there is no way to know who technically has more talent.......gee willakers you can't put a number on football talent....no way.... I've watched plenty of football in my day to know what skill and talent looks like......Are you really stating the contrary? And If so how do you quantify that those teams (Temple, Buffalo, and Syracuse) have equal or better talent? Hmmmmm.............Get real........My answer is it is an obvious opinion that is also held by the majority of the knowledgeable college football fans.....

Negative yard rushing, being outscored by five touchdowns over the last 35 minutes, using one time out over the past game and a half and not having one consecutive game since taking over as coach.

I spent less than 30 seconds on them. What "facts" do you have suggesting improvement is imminent with the current staff?

Easy tuff guy - I could have worded my comment better. Wasn't talking about coaching staff.. I was talking about talent on the field (that is playing). It appears to my eye that we are overmatched and less talented at certain positions than Temple. Buffalo and Cuse. Not all positions but cleary at some. People can blame GDL for the play-calling and scheming of o-line but the boys on the field need to make a play and some of them were physically outmatched and that is a talent issue in most instances - it's not all lack of or poor coaching.

Reaction Score

BS. We have enough talent to hang with NC State and beat Maryland but then royally suck tonight (not to mention last weekend's debacle)? Tonight was a text book case of a team quitting on the coach / staff. Nail...coffin...

Reaction Score
Out coached is such an understatement.

These guys simply are not qualified to run a program at this level.

Reaction Score
What bothered me most about the game was Gratz getting bitch slapped by Nassib in the third quarter and not retaliating. Boys you have to pop him hard out of bounds. You're not going to win the game, you're season's in the toilet. Take your 15 yard unsportsmanlike and walk away with some pride.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Easy tuff guy - I could have worded my comment better. Wasn't talking about coaching staff.. I was talking about talent on the field (that is playing). It appears to my eye that we are overmatched and less talented at certain positions than Temple. Buffalo and Cuse. Not all positions but cleary at some. People can blame GDL for the play-calling and scheming of o-line but the boys on the field need to make a play and some of them were physically outmatched and that is a talent issue in most instances - it's not all lack of or poor coaching.

The coaching aspect, as we all know too well, is much more than what we see 60 minutes as week.

The, in your opinion, lack of talent on the field compared to our recent opponents, is a direct reflection on the current head coach and his staff.

They develop, monitor and adjust the off-season workouts, they give play books to the players and check their progress and they are responsible for in-game adjustments and motivation. All of these signs are quantifiable negatives since PP took over.

Reaction Score
Other than Ryan Griffin, we have no players on offense that will even sniff any of the all Big East teams. We have actually been running less than we have in the past. The inside hand-off does not work as well when you don't have Cauley, Brown or Todman following Anderson or Sherman. I think a lot of people here overrate our wide receivers because of our past experience with receivers. They are average at best. At least now they make the catches they need to make. I don't remember the last time I have seen one of our receivers go up and get a 50/50 ball. I have seen it plenty of times against us and in almost every other game I've watched. Our O-line and RB's are below average. We have a junior college QB. I am not impressed with Delone but I am not so sure this offense would be any better with a different OC.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What bothered me most about the game was Gratz getting bitch slapped by Nassib in the third quarter and not retaliating. Boys you have to pop him hard out of bounds. You're not going to win the game, you're season's in the toilet. Take your 15 yard unsportsmanlike and walk away with some pride.

I diagree with that on a bunch of levels.

Above all else, being tough in football isn't drawing a personal foul when you are losing. Being tough is sucking it up and making Nassib pay any time he looks at your the rest of the game.

Reaction Score
Gratz quit on that 69yd pass completion too. He wasn't the only one, but he was barely moving so I could see his number easily.

Reaction Score
Execution sucks ass problem 1

Other than Ryan Griffin, we have no players on offense that will even sniff any of the all Big East teams. We have actually been running less than we have in the past. The inside hand-off does not work as well when you don't have Cauley, Brown or Todman following Anderson or Sherman. I think a lot of people here overrate our wide receivers because of our past experience with receivers. They are average at best. At least now they make the catches they need to make. I don't remember the last time I have seen one of our receivers go up and get a 50/50 ball. I have seen it plenty of times against us and in almost every other game I've watched. Our O-line and RB's are below average. We have a junior college QB. I am not impressed with Delone but I am not so sure this offense would be any better with a different OC.

Dude why are you throwing the players under the bus??? Are you really letting (HuskyBandDad) fool you into believing we don't have talent??? Lol... I can name a whole mess of FBS schools right mother ducking now that has WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY less talent than we do and are stupid explosive on offense and can compete in the BCS!!!!! You guys should be a shamed of yourselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom