Other thread aside, at least OSU fans are discussing UConn to the BIG | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Other thread aside, at least OSU fans are discussing UConn to the BIG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The move to 9 conference games effectively offsets the addition of 2 schools.

Reaction Score
For what its worth I have it on good authority that Texas and OU continue to talk to the BIG TEN .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just love insiders. tell us more.

Reaction Score
Texas to the B1G is a long shot, IMO. Delany has made it pretty clear that the B1G wants its schools to all be equal and when has Texas ever wanted to stoop itself to equality?

I think there's a long shot there that BTN and LHN could trade content if a deal could be worked out with ESPN.

Reaction Score
Texas to the B1G is a long shot, IMO. Delany has made it pretty clear that the B1G wants its schools to all be equal and when has Texas ever wanted to stoop itself to equality?

This is an interesting misconception. Yes the Big 12 did have unequal revenue sharing but that has changed. All the members get the same from the t1/2 deal. T-3 like it is for most confernces is unequal. Do you think tOSU makes the same as Northwestern for thier radio, coaches shows, apparel sales, etc? Does UConn make the same as al the AAC members in the conference? Heck somebody said you get 2 million for WBB rights, is that true? if so do you share it with the other AAC members? You greedy self serving bastards, LOL. Do you think FSU makes the same as Wake for thier package?

Most if not all conferences have teams who are more valuable and some that are less valuable aside form a couple of isolated situations (Boise, Notre Dame)all members of the conferences get the same as other members. Once you get past the conference TV deals they all have individual deals for other content , naming rights, apparel, etc...that they do not share with other members. There are only 2 teams with sweetheard deals that I am aware of, Boise and Notre Dame. Texas gets the sme share as ISU.

If you want to hate Texas be my guest, I hate them a couple of times a year. Just hate them for something they actually do instead of something they don't.

I agree with you that UT to the B1G is a longshot. I guess they could add KU, OU, UT, and UConnor Missouri and really improve thier situation. Just don't see that but I guess anything is possible.

Reaction Score
Think of it like a football fan of Illinois or Purdue. They need to play Ohio State and Meatchicken as often as possible. They need to play Nebraska and Penn State nearly as much as they need to play the other pair. Every expansion means they lose games against those 4 to play Rutgers and Maryland - that is not a good trade. To play the big 4 of the BUG even less often to play UConn and Kansas as conference games - that is a very bad trade.

Now compare that to the SEC. The move to 14 teams means everybody plays fewer games against Alabama, Florida, LSU, Georgia, but instead of big joke Rutgers and joke Maryland they get to play Texas A&M. Now that's a trade that can work for everybody.

And Sh_t for Brains continues to post along with the UVa troll and at least a few other ND fanatics.

Reaction Score
And Sh_t for Brains continues to post along with the UVa troll and at least a few other ND fanatics.
Yea it would be much more fun to have the same circle jerk every day about how dumb the ACC and B1G are for not adding UConn when they had the chance. Throw in a few ESPN conspiracy theories and some articles about the B1G having second thoughts after UConn wins the NC in BB and you pretty much have it all. Then to top it off throw in some UConn fans like yourself who seem to think you are better than everybody else according to your childish insults and name calling. The funniest part is the UConn fans who look down their nose at fans like myself. Screams insecurity. As does calling every visitor a troll. It's unfortunate that you can't handle having an adult conversation without having a complete meltdown for no reason.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I was surprised at the response in the thread. I assumed it would've been more negative. As much as you would think Ohio state would look down at UConn football ( and rightfully so and that goes for most northeast programs aside from Penn State) with Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas we are a top 5 program in America and no matter what people will be excited to see us come to their gyms.

As others have noted though, it isn't so much the Ohio state, Michigan, Nebraska opinion but the smaller schools who's schedule is built around those marquee football games that are affected more so.

Reaction Score
Yea it would be much more fun to have the same circle jerk every day about how dumb the ACC and B1G are for not adding UConn when they had the chance. Throw in a few ESPN conspiracy theories and some articles about the B1G having second thoughts after UConn wins the NC in BB and you pretty much have it all. Then to top it off throw in some UConn fans like yourself who seem to think you are better than everybody else according to your childish insults and name calling. The funniest part is the UConn fans who look down their nose at fans like myself. Screams insecurity. As does calling every visitor a troll. It's unfortunate that you can't handle having an adult conversation without having a complete meltdown for no reason.

Have you bothered to read the posts of this guy, some of the ND posters and the Va fan? They constantly criticize the BIG, sorry BUG, their words. Notice I didn't single you out, though many others have. I do read with a bit of caution on here & think you've been unfairly criticized, often.

The Va fan (Va logo in his alias) consistently ridicules with somewhat angered tone, all things Md, a school that beat Va more times, head to head, in basketball and football during its ACC tenure, including this year. I will also factually add in that UMd has more NCAA titles than UVa and on paper, various respectable metrics, outperforms UVa in the graduate school realm & by obvious margins. Md's negative football reputation is overstated & at the end of the day, it's one of the most well-rounded and successful ADepts in the country in terms of NCAA titles & will leave the ACC is second most successful - NCAA titles.

Do I even need to get started on some of these ND fans?

Do I even need to mention the barrage of Rutger's slams on here? I've only pointed out their PR issues, but those are in fact documented, truthful matters. What's supremely hypocritical are Pitt fans who slight Rutgers' athletics, yet Pitt has never won an official NCAA title.

Really now, read more carefully.

You don't see me doing the typical academic jabs against OkSt. In fact, I'm keenly aware that OSU absolutely deserves respect for being the only non-Pac12 school with 50 + NCAA titles. It's an amazingly underrated athletic department.

I've rarely dished negative comments towards ACC fans, and always out of reaction. As for ND, I've got little respect for the fans at this point, nor the school. It was the one institution that could have ended all these expansion moves long ago, but they continue to pull the "selfish" card in the name of a tailored football schedule. I have no doubt the Classic Big East would be fully operational right now if ND joined long ago. Such a move would have kept the original Big12 together as well. It would have been good, excuse me, great for all of college sports had ND fully joined the Classic Big East. And to be fair, I'm not one of these BIG fans that is bitter about ND rejecting past BIG membership invites - I've long felt that ND needs to appeal to its east coast alum & I don't mind the presence of more than one power conference in the BIG region.

I've got plenty of respect for the Midwestern schools of the Big12, I think the current Big East, plenty of Midwestern schools, have tremendous upside, long term. I've attended many basketball games at the Hilton, a mere 3 hours from Minneapolis & will always admire Fred Hoiberg's coaching abilities and the time he spent with the Timberwolves.

I think it's fair to consider my tone, or when anyone for that matter gets a bit barbaric, we've read one too many sneaky cut downs by others on here & have frankly run out of patience in terms of seeking logical, ethical discussion. There are clearly ACC trolls on here, probably hired by the conference to do research ;)

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
I think Okielite may have taken a comment meant for MSNDFan as aimed at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom