OT - Which HBO/Max Series Next? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT - Which HBO/Max Series Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Trailer Park Boys on Netflix.

Mr. Leahy reminds me of Fishy, minus the man loving.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
You just like the wrong characters! And hopefully, you took some pleasure from Joffrey biting it.

I will admit, I was pissed in both the books and the show when the guy....(edit: sorry don't want to spoil)

read the whole series telling myself it sucked and unable to stop... now I'm just hoping martin can get it finished...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
read the whole series telling myself it sucked and unable to stop... now I'm just hoping martin can get it finished...

Going to be really pissed if the series out paces the books. Which is likely to happen.

Reaction Score
How has only 1 poster only briefly mentioned East Bound and Down? I love comedy, preferably offensive, but EBaD is the most original paradoxical take on comedy I can remember bar none. Throw in Don Johnson, Will F. and Jason S, and the show is epic.

I also love The League and FX, FXX in general.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Power (50 Cent show) looks good thru 5 episodes... on Starz (I think)

Reaction Score
How has only 1 poster only briefly mentioned East Bound and Down? I love comedy, preferably offensive, but EBaD is the most original paradoxical take on comedy I can remember bar none. Throw in Don Johnson, Will F. and Jason S, and the show is epic.

I also love The League and FX, FXX in general.

Stevie may be the funniest TV character in the last 20 years.

Reaction Score
Read the whole thread & thanks for all the contributions.

I think that it has been an amazing last decade.

My favorites start with Oz and the original dramas. In looking back, thinking about what I like to watch again & again for entertainment, I think The Wire is the best. Week after week while it was going on, I would not/could not miss the Sopranos. Deadwood is a personal favorite. I love Rome and The Tudors (although ... once again ... it dropped off after a great start).

I followed Idris Elba to Luther. I love that actor and Alice Morgan and other characters are well conceived.

Watched & loved: Orange is the New Black; Breaking Bad (and yes, this ranks up above with Sopranos & The Wire); Sherlock; The Fall; The Following; Californication; Broadway Empire; and Dexter (though season 5-8 were hard to keep quality).

The one series no one mentioned that has really got me ... Longmire. I think the Western sky and the storylines are fun.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
elduderino said:
How has only 1 poster only briefly mentioned East Bound and Down? I love comedy, preferably offensive, but EBaD is the most original paradoxical take on comedy I can remember bar none. Throw in Don Johnson, Will F. and Jason S, and the show is epic. I also love The League and FX, FXX in general.

Loved eastbound!
Will ferrel does a dead on balls accurate rip off of Ric Flair for his character. Tremendous. The episode where he pimped out Stevie as "cherry blossom" kills me.

Reaction Score
Just watched the 1st episode of Vikings recently (fwiw I'm big into GOT). Is it worth continuing?
WTF is The Leftovers about? I watched episode 1 but it was too weird. Glad Ray Donovan is back.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just watched the 1st episode of Vikings recently (fwiw I'm big into GOT). Is it worth continuing?

Yes. Great cinematography and acting in that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom