OT - W-o-w Rondo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - W-o-w Rondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rondo's days as a starting PG may be over. It is one thing to be a jerk but something else to be a jerk with diminished skills.

Reaction Score
Rondo is a complete piece of crap. I mean c'mon, he consistently disrespects authority every where he lands. If they were all smart they'd send him to Europe and not sign him anywhere. If he can quit on the Mavs who's to say he won't do it at the next stop when he doesn't agree with his coach?

Reaction Score
The rumor stems for Kobe & Rondo having breakfast in Boston back in January at the Paramount, numerous pics were circulated, Kobe paid.

What I meant was Kobe wouldn't put up with his crap.

Things may be honkey dorey (sp?) in the beginning, but they could not coexist as teammates.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
I agree in the past tense, he was one of the most entertaining bball players to watch over the past 10 years. At his peak (national TV Rondo) he's only behind LeBron, Steph Curry and maybe 2-3 others in terms of entertainment value. But his on-off switch was disconcerting even in his heyday, now its downright damning.

I think only the Lakers will roll the dice on him and I don't understand how the bball part works with Kobe. Even odds that Rondo is out of the league in 3 years (or simply not playing) and currently I can think of at least 10 PG's I'd rather have quality wise and 20 that I'd rather pay for. Rondo's free throw shooting renders his driving game far less effective, this also kills his end-game abilities, he admits to not trying on defense and he cannot shoot 3's. Add head-case to that and he is on the precipice of not belonging in the NBA at all.
Everyone including Rondo knows his stock has plummeted. I foresee the Lakers offering a 1+1 year contract with a player option in the 2nd year for 8-10 mil. Flexibility in 2017 is a priority for LAL when they plan on doing anything and everything to get Russell Westbrook.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I agree in the past tense, he was one of the most entertaining bball players to watch over the past 10 years. At his peak (national TV Rondo) he's only behind LeBron, Steph Curry and maybe 2-3 others in terms of entertainment value. But his on-off switch was disconcerting even in his heyday, now its downright damning.

I think only the Lakers will roll the dice on him and I don't understand how the bball part works with Kobe. Even odds that Rondo is out of the league in 3 years (or simply not playing) and currently I can think of at least 10 PG's I'd rather have quality wise and 20 that I'd rather pay for. Rondo's free throw shooting renders his driving game far less effective, this also kills his end-game abilities, he admits to not trying on defense and he cannot shoot 3's. Add head-case to that and he is on the precipice of not belonging in the NBA at all.

Don't really understand the Rondo love. He's good when he's on but I can think of other more entertaining players in thr past ten years that are above Rondo. The guy never even developed a consistent jumpshot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
RT: @dandakich Why would Rondo not be investigated for fixing games? Didn't play didn't try..why wouldn't the Feds look into?

wow dan dakich is off his freaking rocker. rondo played ten minutes, how can he possibly throw a game.

Dakich is just plain stupid. He insisted that Wilbekin was better than Bazz to the very end. Having said that, Rondo is a washed-up stiff. Perfect Knick material.

Reaction Score
Rondo's days as a starting PG may be over. It is one thing to be a jerk but something else to be a jerk with diminished skills.

The problem is I don't think this guy will accept a reduced/bench role. His ego is too big. He'll go full Andrew Bynum-mode if someone signs him and he doesn't get his way, even if he is declining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom