OT. UConn men win in 4 OT's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT. UConn men win in 4 OT's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surprised that no-one has mentioned how late the clock was in starting. In the NBA, it would have been waved off. A player can't possibly take two steps and then shoot the ball in 0.8 seconds. Likely took twice that. Nice to catch a break from the clock operator.

Reaction Score
Surprised that no-one has mentioned how late the clock was in starting. In the NBA, it would have been waved off. A player can't possibly take two steps and then shoot the ball in 0.8 seconds. Likely took twice that. Nice to catch a break from the clock operator.
everyone has mentioned this

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
everyone has mentioned this
This has already been covered over on the men's board, and no, the shot was not late. It's true that the game clock on ESPN's score ticker started late, but it's also irrelevant because that's not the clock that the officials reviewing the play were looking at. According to the official clock (which starts earlier than ESPN's clock), Adams released the shot with 0.2 seconds left. And even if that official clock was late by a tenth or so due to human reaction error, a frames-per-second analysis showed that Adams still caught the ball and released it in less than 0.8 seconds.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016...t-uconns-miracle-70-foot-buzzer-beater-was-no

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm sure St. John's, Syracuse and Rutgers would disagree.
Who?
59390dc458e94501bea29e0df025c51e.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm sure St. John's, Syracuse and Rutgers would disagree.
LOL, Rutgers.

UConn Advances to Final Four in Front of ‘Home’ Crowd at MSG, New York Magazine

Here's Why UConn Feels Right At Home In Madison Square Garden, Huffington Post

For UConn, return to Garden is extra sweet, ESPN

Madison Square Garden fancies itself as the Mecca of college basketball, but it doesn’t always live up to its own hype. For every memorable Big East Tournament final, there’s an early-round DePaul game with a noon start that lacks any sort of buzz. For every early-season neutral-site game between national powers, there’s a December contest between St. John’s and Fordham where it’s quiet enough to hear the Rams’ shots clank off the rim. But the atmosphere on Sunday was Garden college hoops at its best.

That buzz was thanks in large part to the presence of UConn, the former Big East member whose Storrs campus is less than 150 miles from Midtown. UConn fans, like Syracuse fans, have a history of taking over the Garden for big games, and so this was a neutral-site contest in name only: When the Huskies jumped out to an early 12-2 lead, the crowd of 19,499 exploded on every made shot. In the second half, when a Niels Giffey fast-break dunk gave UConn a 46-39 lead just seconds after a big Napier three, the one-sided crowd roared like it would at a Knicks playoff game. (Or to use a different measure of crowd preference: Former Husky Richard Hamilton got a huge ovation from UConn fans when he was shown on the Garden scoreboard; the cheers of MSU fans for former Spartan Mateen Cleaves, meanwhile, were drowned out by UConn-fan boos.)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Not true. If there's .4 seconds or more, the (Trent Tucker) rule states you can get a shot off. Heck, Derek Fisher beat the Spurs in the playoffs with a .4 second catch/turn/shot. [Vid Link] There's twice the amount of time on the clock for Jalen's shot, and his two step/release occurs very quick. Getting it off wouldn't be unexpected at all.

And for actual proof, Jalen's shot has been analyzed down to video frame rate by a few people. According to those who checked, he got it off well within time. With something like .2 to spare (iirc). There's a good discussion on the men's board which I'd link, but I'm having a hell of a time finding it atm.

Also NB: the clock shown on TV is not in sync obviously due to infrastructure time delay.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You're not from around this parts, are you?

Syracuse shows up in the city, but St. John's and Rutgers?

Stop.

Actually, both of my parents were born and raised in Manhattan and I grew up in NJ. St. John's when they're good and Rutgers if they were ever good again.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When St. John's was good, they made people buy tickets to six games if they wanted tickets to their UConn games at MSG.

They thought it'd keep UCONN out but there were still buses from Connecticut ringing the block and four UConn fans for every one SJU fan in the building.

And Rutgers was never good.

So you've learned something here.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
When St. John's was good, they made people buy tickets to six games if they wanted tickets to their UConn games at MSG.

They thought it'd keep UCONN out but there were still buses from Connecticut ringing the block and four UConn fans for every one SJU fan in the building.

And Rutgers was never good.

So you've learned something here.

1976!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Actually, both of my parents were born and raised in Manhattan and I grew up in NJ. St. John's when they're good and Rutgers if they were ever good again.
Rutgers doesn't even draw fans to Piscataway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom