OT. UConn men win in 4 OT's | The Boneyard

OT. UConn men win in 4 OT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a game. Nice to see the ball bounce UCONN's way (that 60 foot buzzer beater). What a shot. Should be the #1 top play on SC tonight. Maybe one of the top plays of the year...

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
According to Lunardi UConn needed this to get into the tournament, but after watching this game it's hard to believe there are 64 more deserving teams regardless of the outcome.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
That was very entertaining! A little of everything. Some good plays and some not-so-good plays. The UConn men refused to lose, and that's what happens when you share a campus with Geno's BB kids. :)

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
One of the best games I've ever seen, and also the most overtimes of any basketball win that UConn has ever had.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One of the best games I've ever seen, and also the most overtimes of any basketball win that UConn has ever had.
A much more satisfying outcome than the 5-OT loss to Cuse, in which we never trailed in the first 4 OTs.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
... 60 footer to tie the game at the buzzer of OT #3...
upload_2016-3-11_19-3-34.png

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Maybe the USC and UCONN men will meet in the 8/9 game in Brooklyn. Brooklyn would be my 2nd choice if we aren't placed in Raleigh.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maybe the USC and UCONN men will meet in the 8/9 game in Brooklyn. Brooklyn would be my 2nd choice if we aren't placed in Raleigh.
Would be great to see the Husky mascot chew up a Trojan!

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Adams' shot beats Tate George's shot in UCONN lore.
Well, in terms of degree of difficulty or improbability, sure. But in terms of lore, a game-winning shot arguably trumps a game-tying shot, and a Sweet Sixteen win absolutely trumps an early-round conference tournament win, to say nothing of how vital that 1990 team was to building the stature of the program. Time will tell where today's miracle ranks, but one thing's for sure: difficulty in ranking crazy postseason buzzer-beaters (these two, Kemba's against Pitt, Rip's against Washington) is a wonderful problem to have. Great to be a Husky or a Husky fan! :D

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I watched the game & will agree it was one exciting #&%$ of a thriller! However UConn should have won in regulation. Up six points, their next two possessions turnovers, then they can't even get a shot off on their last trip. Just terrible. I had flashbacks to Dom Perno games :(

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I watched the game & will agree it was one exciting #&%$ of a thriller! However UConn should have won in regulation. Up six points, their next two possessions turnovers, then they can't even get a shot off on their last trip. Just terrible. I had flashbacks to Dom Perno games :(
they've been like that all season... cant finish off teams

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well, in terms of degree of difficulty or improbability, sure. But in terms of lore, a game-winning shot arguably trumps a game-tying shot, and a Sweet Sixteen win absolutely trumps an early-round conference tournament win, to say nothing of how vital that 1990 team was to building the stature of the program. Time will tell where today's miracle ranks, but one thing's for sure: difficulty in ranking crazy postseason buzzer-beaters (these two, Kemba's against Pitt, Rip's against Washington) is a wonderful problem to have. Great to be a Husky or a Husky fan! :D

There's so many more too, it's just tough to remember them all. Rashad's. KEA's. Ray Allen's. This list goes on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom