OT: Top 3 Favorite Sports Movies | The Boneyard

OT: Top 3 Favorite Sports Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are your 3 favorite sports movies in order? There are a lot of close calls but this is my list..

1) The Natural
2) Major League
3) White Men Can't Jump

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Rocky
Brian's Song
Raging Bull

Reaction Score
I don't know about three, but I have one. Field of Dreams. My dad taught me everything I know about baseball, and then died young (I was a junior in high school). So when Coster's younger version dad walks out of the corn, and they get to play catch --I bawl like a baby. Everytime.

Caddyshack is pretty sweet though, so I got that going for me.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
1. Dodgeball
2. He Got Game (because of Ray Allen of course)
3. Field of Dreams

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Field of Dreams
Remember the Titans
Rudy

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Above the Rim
Remember the Titans
The Fighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Honorable mention: The Program, Sandlot, Dodgeball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Hoosiers
Remember the Titans
Jim Thorpe-All American (started my lifelong love of sports)

Reaction Score
Bull Durham
The Natural
Bad News Bears

Baseball just seem better for movies, b/c they ate really about something else and you can do that better w/ BB than other sports it seems to me... though I always watch The Longest Yard (the Burt Reynolds one) if I hit it channel surfing...

Oh, Caddyshack isn't a sports movie - Happy Golmore and Tin Cup are - so it's not a golf I'd not a sport thing...

Reaction Score
1. Breaking Away
2. The Natural
3. Rudy

Honorable mention for Escape to Victory. I loved this when I was a kid, but my guess is that it wouldn't be so good if I saw it now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bull Durham
The Natural
Bad News Bears

Baseball just seem better for movies, b/c they ate really about something else and you can do that better w/ BB than other sports it seems to me... though I always watch The Longest Yard (the Burt Reynolds one) if I hit it channel surfing...

Oh, Caddyshack isn't a sports movie - Happy Golmore and Tin Cup are - so it's not a golf I'd not a sport thing...
Bad News Bears was the first PG movie that I saw in the theater. I was so pissed when my parents wouldn't let me see The Sting a few years earlier when all my older brothers and sisters did, and when Bad News Bears came out I think I must have threatened a hunger strike or something because I remember them making an event out of taking me. Might have been Easter Sunday iirc.

Every single movie mentioned in your post is an all-timer for me though. The Longest Yard (the Bernadette Peters one) always gets me, too, as does Tin Cup. There's a handful of scenes in Happy Gilmore that are always worth catching also.

I agree about Caddyshack. I love it obviously, but don't think of it as a sports movie either, and I can't really explain why as compared with a lot of these.

Reaction Score
So.....Rocky won the Best Picture Oscar.....but I don't know that it's a sports movie as much as its a love story.

I'm going with.....

Hoosiers
Bull Durham
Bad news bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads