OT - Superbowl - Who Do You Like? | The Boneyard

OT - Superbowl - Who Do You Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Seattle is a 2 to 2.5 favorite.

I think Denver wins this by 10 (27-17). Denver will be able to score some even though Seattle has a great defense. Lot's of short quick passes and they'll move the ball reasonably well. I don't think Seattle's offense will move the ball with a lot of success. Peyton's offense will be better than the Seahawk D and Denver's D is just enough to control Seattle's offense.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I think Denver wins this by 10 (27-17). Denver will be able to score some even though Seattle has a great defense. Lot's of short quick passes and they'll move the ball reasonably well. I don't think Seattle's offense will move the ball with a lot of success. Peyton's offense will be better than the Seahawk D and Denver's D is just enough to control Seattle's offense.

As long as I have each quarter's square covered in Nuzzi's pool, I don't care who wins. The fact that New England can't win - that's just a bonus.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I like her..

2013-denver-broncos-cheerleaders-7.jpg

Reaction Score
Defense wins championships.

I like Seattle in a nail biter

Reaction Score

Denver is the favorite by about 2.5 points.

Reaction Score
I like Seattle. Denver hasn't seen a defense like Seattle all season - seriously, check their schedule, they haven't played a top five defense all year - and the Seahawks are simply the healthier team. If the Broncos were to win the Super Bowl with the laundry list of injuries they've suffered on the defensive side of the ball - losing arguably their best corner, their best pass rusher, one of their top safeties - it would be remarkable. Percy Harvin could prove to be the difference maker, between him and Doug Baldwin, the Seahawks should have a field day with the corner Denver lines up opposite DRC.

Reaction Score
I usually pick the team with the best offensive line.
If you can run the ball everything else falls into place.

Which team would that be?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

And this ^ is why I do not bet on sports!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Feeling really good about my bet right now

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I predict the Seahawks in a blowout.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Looks like Denver spent 2 weeks puffing the magic dragon. Recreational, of course.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Peyton, this takes him out of the conversation for GOAT. In the biggest game of his career he chucks up 2 early interceptions to put his team in a huge hole and then puts 8 points on the board in total. He's a rich man's Dan Marino, and, while I'd rather have him in any regular season matchup, I'd take his brother in any postseason game. He's clearly the greatest regular season QB of all time. JMont still gets the not for GOAT, but if Brady can add a ring, it'd swing to him.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Peyton, this takes him out of the conversation for GOAT. In the biggest game of his career he chucks up 2 early interceptions to put his team in a huge hole and then puts 8 points on the board in total. He's a rich man's Dan Marino, and, while I'd rather have him in any regular season matchup, I'd take his brother in any postseason game. He's clearly the greatest regular season QB of all time. JMont still gets the not for GOAT, but if Brady can add a ring, it'd swing to him.
I didn't realize Peyton was in the conversation to begin with. I really respect Peyton and his game but I would not put him in the conversation even is won today. 2-1 just isn't enough. In the conversation are Montana and Bradshaw. Brady enters the conversation with another ring, but I still go with Joe.

But Peyton has changed the position more than any other QB ever (at least as far back as I can remember). For that he is an obvious HOF and definitely in the top 5 all time, but not in the greatest ever conversation, wouldn't have been with a win today and now needs about 3 more rings to get in the conversation and that's not happening. Eli could get there.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize Peyton was in the conversation to begin with. I really respect Peyton and his game but I would not put him in the conversation even is won today. 2-1 just isn't enough. In the conversation are Montana and Bradshaw. Brady enters the conversation with another ring, but I still go with Joe.

But Peyton has changed the position more than any other QB ever (at least as far back as I can remember). For that he is an obvious HOF and definitely in the top 5 all time, but not in the greatest ever conversation, wouldn't have been with a win today and now needs about 3 more rings to get in the conversation and that's not happening. Eli could get there.
I know its too early but Wilson is so young and so good. Quietly he rose above RG3 and Luck (at least so far). I like the kid, has great work ethic and of course lofty goals. All I'm saying is keep an eye on this kid, last year was no fluke as proven last night.

And he did outplay Peyton in the Big Game.

Reaction Score

Why do people always want to define a quarterback by how many Super Bowl winning teams he played on? I ask this only because while I think Montana was one of the greatest, I disagree with him being the best ever strictly because he won those Super Bowls. They moved Steve Young into the quarterback spot and won, so does that diminish Montana's standing at all because they clearly had a great team and organization? It's such a difficult discussion in my opinion. Look at Jim Kelly, the guy was a great quarterback. Was he any worse when a guy missed a kick that would have won a Super Bowl?

Reaction Score
Why do people always want to define a quarterback by how many Super Bowl winning teams he played on?
It's just one factor, that's all.
Manning is 11 and 12 in postseason play and 1 and 2 in Superbowls, and with pitiful 8 point showing in one of the losses after the greatest regular season ever. IMO those numbers exclude him from being considered for top QB, which I hear some people call him. He's great, no doubt, but he wouldn't make a top 10 list of QBs you'd want at the helm when the playoffs started if you wanted to bring home the gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom