OT: St. John's wants to hire Chris Mullin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: St. John's wants to hire Chris Mullin

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Rumors KO was interested in him back when he was first hired...

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 1m1 minute ago
Iowa State assistant Matt Abdelmassih will join Chris Mullin's staff at St. John's, sources told ESPN. Has been big with transfers.
Wow, that's a huge get. That guy singlehandedly brought in Deandre Kane and Dustin Hogue to Iowa State. Hoiberg gets a lot of credit, but this guy really helped him get the reputation he now has. This is the type of guy we need here in Storrs in my opinion.

Hiring a first time coach and this was a risky move, but Chris Mullin is a savage. I've always loved his game and attitude. He's got potential as a coach and recruiter as well. I don't buy that kids won't recognize him, he's a stud hall of famer. Phenomenal hair game as well.

Reaction Score
To some extent, it will come down to Mullins' work ethic - he'll either learn and work or he won't.
I agree with this. I also think that if you're going to be a first time coach, it will pay to at least be highly recognizable. His staff will be important. He must have had a plan in mind that St. John's believes will work.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
@NYPost_Brazille
Top recruit Brandon Sampson is "intrigued" by potential hire of Chris Mullin by #sjubb, wants to sit down with him when official, per source

Josh Newman
Matt Abdelmassih was the lead recruiter at Iowa State for Cheick Diallo. Great hire for St. John's.

Mullin is going to try to make waves right away. I bet he really starts pursuing Diallo. Matt Abdelmassih was the one recruiting him to Iowa St. Now that he's with St. John's, Diallo is theirs to lose. With Diallo, I bet Sampson would recommit and the future of St. John's would start to take shape a little.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
With the addition of Matt Abdemassih to the St. John's staff, this should have a major impact on the recruitment of 5-star Cheick Diallo.- alex kline

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This has all the makings of Clyde Drexler II, but I do agree that Mullin is more of a killer whereas Drexler was a nice guy that was probably not cut out to coach.

Reaction Score
looks like this hire is going to ultimately land one of these NYC sportswriters in the hospital. Anyone else taking in these herbs all going at each other's throats for bad reporting?

Reaction Score
looks like this hire is going to ultimately land one of these NYC sportswriters in the hospital. Anyone else taking in these herbs all going at each other's throats for bad reporting?
I saw Braziller going after Zags, but I wasn't sure what the context was.

Reaction Score
I saw Braziller going after Zags, but I wasn't sure what the context was.

Zags has been ripping on Braziller for the reporting of the Lavin extension being finalized that never happened, although I'm pretty sure I saw him reporting the same thing, and then on Roger Rubin of the NYDN for saying that St Johns should go after Rick Pitino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom