OT: Sorta ... waiting music | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Sorta ... waiting music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That's heaven right there.

I'm headed out there in a couple weeks for my wedding anniversary--we met and got married there, apparently right around the time you were chasing your kids around. The only thing better than summer there is September imo. I can almost taste the Larsen's oysters as I type...

You'll get no argument from me, that's for sure. Have a great time. Everyone of my 4 children has been there every year of their lives. And both my daughters have every intention of getting married there as well. Every nickel saved....;):cool: Completely worth it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You'll get no argument from me, that's for sure. Have a great time. Everyone of my 4 children has been there every year of their lives. And both my daughters have every intention of getting married there as well. Every nickel saved....;):cool: Completely worth it.
Thanks . You'd be surprised at how well you can pull off a wedding out there without breaking the bank. Well at least 20 years ago it was. Most important thing is booking everything yourself and not telling anyone you book that it's a wedding. There are places like the Sailing Camp Park that you can rent and bring in everything yourself, including beer/booze, bartenders, tables, caterers, band, etc. Everyone loves a lobster bake, and it costs less per person than a crappy wedding banquet menu. To this day, my own wedding is still the best one I ever attended.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
"The Last Waltz" was one hell of a concert. Guest star after guest star, a veritable crescendo of talent. From great to legendary to iconic to immortal, out they came to give The Band a sendoff for the ages. Might be the best rock concert ever.

The captivating climactic moment:

With Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Muddy Waters, Van Morrison, Neil Diamond and Eric Clapton (and The Band) all on stage, the inimitable Bob Dylan came out and delivered:

"May God bless you always. . . May your wishes all come true. . . May you stay. . . Forever Young, , , Forever Young!"

(a little echo of the Old Testament - Book of Numbers?)

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I love The Last Waltz and am still a sucker to watch it every time I can, but I still get annoyed every time at what a heavy hand Scorsese and Robbie had in editing it to feature and promote Robbie, the preening peacock, at the expense of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom