OT: Sorta ... waiting music | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Sorta ... waiting music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

"The Last Waltz" was one hell of a concert. Guest star after guest star, a veritable crescendo of talent. From great to legendary to iconic to immortal, out they came to give The Band a sendoff for the ages. Might be the best rock concert ever.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Seems like this recruiting thing is becoming an obsession. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Never really did like this song, but it fits.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Can't help but wonder where I'm bound

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think we all could use a little patience

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This one is from another perspective....there's a neat, subtle twist in the last chorus....

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Carly Simon - You're So Vain

My horse never won at Saratoga, I've been to Nova Scotia (but not for an eclipse of the sun, and I walked directly into Carly Simon after finishing a road race in the late 80s. She is very tall was wearing one of those hats from the cover of "You're So Vain." Nice laugh...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My horse never won at Saratoga, I've been to Nova Scotia (but not for an eclipse of the sun, and I walked directly into Carly Simon after finishing a road race in the late 80s. She is very tall was wearing one of those hats from the cover of "You're So Vain." Nice laugh...
Chilmark Road Race?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Chilmark Road Race?

Yup...when they still had the Flea Market in the Church Parking lot and her brother Peter was selling his photos and calendars.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yup...when they still had the Flea Market in the Church Parking lot and her brother Peter was selling his photos and calendars.
I used to love that flea market. And Peter was/is a piece of work. I liked his show on MVY though. I won a contest he had once and he sent me a very cool photo of Jerry as the prize. Come to think of it, I need to find that photo. Haven't seen it since a move several years ago.

Did you ever catch any of the Ululaters shows at the Chilmark Community Center? Those were always a highlight. And almost as sweaty as the Road Race.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I used to love that flea market. And Peter was/is a piece of work. I liked his show on MVY though. I won a contest he had once and he sent me a very cool photo of Jerry as the prize. Come to think of it, I need to find that photo. Haven't seen it since a move several years ago.

Did you ever catch any of the Ululaters shows at the Chilmark Community Center? Those were always a highlight. And almost as sweaty as the Road Race.

I did not. My kids were very, very young at that point and it was a challenge to get them home from the beach. Heard great things.
Movies at the Center were always a sweatathon. I just did the Road Race this year...gosh I have a quilt made from the Shirts I've done it so often.

Play beach volleyball at Lucy the week before the race with a varied bunch of people I've gotten to know very well over the decades. Multi-generational now. Just about my favorite 10-day to two-week stretch of the year, with virtually a daily visit to Larsen's being the only decision of note I have to make (which fish to grill tonight?) :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I did not. My kids were very, very young at that point and it was a challenge to get them home from the beach. Heard great things.
Movies at the Center were always a sweatathon. I just did the Road Race this year...gosh I have a quilt made from the Shirts I've done it so often.

Play beach volleyball at Lucy the week before the race with a varied bunch of people I've gotten to know very well over the decades. Multi-generational now. Just about my favorite 10-day to two-week stretch of the year, with virtually a daily visit to Larsen's being the only decision of note I have to make (which fish to grill tonight?) :)
That's heaven right there.

I'm headed out there in a couple weeks for my wedding anniversary--we met and got married there, apparently right around the time you were chasing your kids around. The only thing better than summer there is September imo. I can almost taste the Larsen's oysters as I type...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom