OT: Skal Labissiere eligibility | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Skal Labissiere eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the father of one of our recruits asked for and/or got cash for his kid to so much as play in an AAU tournament, the kid would be deemed ineligible for at least a year. It doesn't have to be the kid who gets the cash. It doesn't matter if it is a parent or a guardian who gets or asks for cash. Is it fair to the kid? No but life isn't fair.

Reaction Score
The more I read about it the less I feel sorry though. Kid had it rough but not now and as of late. His "guardian" is making sure of that for his future as well as the guardians own I am sure.

Agree with you guys, he wouldn't have been eligible if he selected UConn, i have no doubt about that.

Reaction Score
Does the penalty structure even allow for a full year suspension for the amounts of money that were being discussed here, or are people just throwing numbers around for the hell of it?

He wouldn't have been ruled to be a professional.

Reaction Score
I'm so happy he is getting cleared to play basketball and change his life forever. Had he not been able to play for Kentucky, no one in the world would know he was amazing at basketball and he'd be forced to clean chimneys for the rest of his life. Thank god Lord Calipari was kind enough to accept him into the basketball Shangri-La where regular kids are stretched and primed for the rigor of the NBA and drafted with a top 10 pick. Had he just ended up with some nice kind guardian who wasn't trying to bankroll himself by doing so, he might have ended up toiling away at a college that wasn't the top platform for single season talent and merely ended up drafted in the top 3 picks of the NBA draft, and that would have been a damned shame

Reaction Score
I'm so happy he is getting cleared to play basketball and change his life forever. Had he not been able to play for Kentucky, no one in the world would know he was amazing at basketball and he'd be forced to clean chimneys for the rest of his life. Thank god Lord Calipari was kind enough to accept him into the basketball Shangri-La where regular kids are stretched and primed for the rigor of the NBA and drafted with a top 10 pick. Had he just ended up with some nice kind guardian who wasn't trying to bankroll himself by doing so, he might have ended up toiling away at a college that wasn't the top platform for single season talent and merely ended up drafted in the top 3 picks of the NBA draft, and that would have been a damned shame

If he is that good at basketball someone would have found him. Doing it this way isn't ok.

Reaction Score
When Calipari signs a highly touted recruit it's "exploitation." Sure, it sounds dumb and makes no sense, but it's how it goes around here.
You are the defender of all things Cal! I have no opinion on this matter just glad to see you always have Cal's back.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
You are the defender of all things Cal! I have no opinion on this matter just glad to see you always have Cal's back.

Actually, more a defender of common sense and basic logic which, when Calipari comes up, goes out the window around here.

Unless you want to explain how Calipari signing this kid is exploitative. I'm not talking about his guardians or handlers - I'm talking about the coach of the program where he signs. Go ahead, John. You might want to consult Paesano first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom