OT: Skal Labissiere eligibility | The Boneyard

OT: Skal Labissiere eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aren't these types of threads better suited for the cesspool?

(Kid's got game though)

Reaction Score
Aren't these types of threads better suited for the cesspool?

(Kid's got game though)
Sorry, I was just gloating at the misfortune of others. Actually, he should probably be allowed just to play in the NBA. The fact that they force these kids to go to college or play overseas for a year is a joke.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I was just gloating at the misfortune of others. Actually, he should probably be allowed just to play in the NBA. The fact that they force these kids to go to college or play overseas for a year is a joke.
Just kidding, uk = cesspool.

(But the kid's got game though)

Reaction Score
It's UK and Cal, he's playing....wanna bet?
Enes Kanter tho mau ? I would bet skal isn't playing this year way too much smoke from his hs/aau days being shopped around by his guardian , wasn't he enrolled at some fake prep school recently? Haven't done the research

Reaction Score
Enes Kanter tho mau ? I would bet skal isn't playing this year way too much smoke from his hs/aau days being shopped around by his guardian , wasn't he enrolled at some fake prep school recently? Haven't done the research

Hope so

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Didn't the squid claim he felt violated when Kantner was declared ineligible?

Reaction Score
Hard to overstate how badly UK needs him. With him, they're one of the best teams in the country. Without him, there will be some major growing pains.

Reaction Score
I would bet skal isn't playing this year way too much smoke from his hs/aau days being shopped around by his guardian

Yep, that was the word. And he ended up at Kentucky. Again, nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
Every team in the country knew Kanter was never going to be allowed to play in college. UK was the only team to seriously recruit him, and then cal put on his best pouty face when he was declared ineligible.

Skal is pretty much the same situation except there were only 2 teams that actively recruited him (UK and memphis). Best case I wouldn't think he plays until 2nd semester, but more likely he never suits up for UK

Reaction Score
An incredible talent who should have every shot to succeed in the NBA. That being said, I really hope he gets declared ineligible. As others have stated, it would be a massive blow to UK.

Plus, there is something undeniably sketchy about his guardian. Had him playing at one school as a junior, then tried to move him to another school for whatever reason (iirc had to do with competitive advantage, which is why the HS league said he couldn't play basketball at the new school.), only to see this guardian make a fake high school/AAU basketball team (think Findlay Prep, but without the online courses they at least have) to keep Skal eligible for McDs. A lot there doesn't seem right.

Reaction Score
An incredible talent who should have every shot to succeed in the NBA. That being said, I really hope he gets declared ineligible. As others have stated, it would be a massive blow to UK.

Plus, there is something undeniably sketchy about his guardian. Had him playing at one school as a junior, then tried to move him to another school for whatever reason (iirc had to do with competitive advantage, which is why the HS league said he couldn't play basketball at the new school.), only to see this guardian make a fake high school/AAU basketball team (think Findlay Prep, but without the online courses they at least have) to keep Skal eligible for McDs. A lot there doesn't seem right.
His guardian created a school specifically so skal could play basketball outside the authority of whatever the high school system is called, because he wasn't eligible to play anywhere else.

Reaction Score
Can't find much writing in 2015 on RYD but heres a piece summarizing pretty much everything with some revealing quotes towards the end, also another ... If he was ineligible just last year to play for a random hs in memphis, how is he going to qualify for a d1 school?

Reaction Score
Paesano said:
Yep, that was the word. And he ended up at Kentucky. Again, nothing to see here.

Later on someone will explain to you the difference between getting admitted to a school and being cleared to play by the NCAA.

There's nothing surprising about this; I always thought it was more surprising that every pre-season Kentucky write up didn't come with an asterisk next to the kids name.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Really hope he never plays for UK. They need to come back down to Earth and see what it's like to have to work to succeed, not just recruit to succeed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Later on someone will explain to you the difference between getting admitted to a school and being cleared to play by the NCAA.

There's nothing surprising about this; I always thought it was more surprising that every pre-season Kentucky write up didn't come with an asterisk next to the kids name.

It is a little surprising they continue to go after these kids. Although, in years past they always had a backup plan. And sometimes they can squeeze a kid through eg Eric Bledsoe. Guess it doesn't hurt to take a shot, as long as you cover your ass.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I too hope he doesn't play because... Kentucky. Though I feel a little squeevy because the kid himself isn't necessarily a bad guy. Won't hurt him in the end, but it does suck for him.

Reaction Score
Really hope he never plays for UK. They need to come back down to Earth and see what it's like to have to work to succeed, not just recruit to succeed.

I get hating UK but I can't cosign rooting against a kid getting the opportunity to play a year of college ball, especially when you read his story and his background. Ya'll are taking this a lil too serious.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I get hating UK but I can't cosign rooting against a kid getting the opportunity to play a year of college ball, especially when you read his story and his background. Ya'll are taking this a lil too serious.
I'm sure he's a nice kid, but he's going to get his chance and make his millions. He had to overcome a lot, but with or without UK he has a nice future and will make more than I could ever dream of. I don't feel bad for him. I'm a college basketball fan posting on an online forum. It's fine.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It is a little surprising they continue to go after these kids. Although, in years past they always had a backup plan. And sometimes they can squeeze a kid through eg Eric Bledsoe. Guess it doesn't hurt to take a shot, as long as you cover your ass.
Not really a surprise. He will be declared ineligible, get drafted top 3 then go on to become a good NBA player and UK will claim him as one of Cal's products, thereby improving recruiting the next go around.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Rooting for the kid. Hope he can clear himself from some of his handlers. Of course I think some of them are exploiting the kid. I have no way of absolutely knowing this but there is a lot of smoke to this position. It seems they made no attempt to help him with his education since he's been in the U.S. Maybe I've missed some articles that would prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom