OT: Roy Hibbert Inappropriate Post-game Interview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Roy Hibbert Inappropriate Post-game Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
its not inappropriate it was was funny, dumb but funny as hell.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'm so glad that what many young people, myself included, say in our social circles isn't broadcast worldwide. The nation is getting uptight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I'm so glad that what many young people, myself included, say in our social circles isn't broadcast worldwide. The nation is getting uptight.

Eh. If somebody who's gay gets offended by someone else saying "no homo" it's not really your place to be the arbiter of whether or not they're being uptight. When Sergio Garcia said the fried chicken thing I wasn't going to run to Hootie Johnson for his take on whether or not people were overreacting.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I thought he called LeBron something...I was calling him a cry baby (among other things) after his hissy fit at being called for an offensive foul. $75,000? Seems a little extreme...

Reaction Score
Kobe was fined $100k for using a gay slur, though I'd argue what Kobe said was worse than what Hibbert said.

Kobe called a ref a ' duck*tt'. Hibby said something that could be construed as a homosexual sex act and then clarified by affirming his heterosexuality.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
No doubt it was a STUPID thing of Roy to say, but there was no MALICE in it...unlike what Kobe said.

Reaction Score
He said he wasn't a homo, interpretation 'I'm not gay". Stupid joke at an emotionally high time. He thought it was a cute old joke, something 'kids' say when they say an eye raising comment about themselves. More junior high than high school.

The NBA did the PC thing, but there is no story. Unless the world has changed, homo is not a slur, its short for homosexual (i.e. one way). Please explain to me the offensive part when someone says they only like women but in a different (i.e. in his case, not funny) way.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So if he had ended that sentence with "not that there's anything wrong with that," then I imagine he gets off scott-free. Because I hear an awful lot of supposedly tolerant people of all stripes throw that old Seinfeld line out there.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Eh. If somebody who's gay gets offended by someone else saying "no homo" it's not really your place to be the arbiter of whether or not they're being uptight. When Sergio Garcia said the fried chicken thing I wasn't going to run to Hootie Johnson for his take on whether or not people were overreacting.

I grew up in the Howard Stern generation. I could care less about fried chicken, watermelon or grape soda references. If you can't laugh at your own stereotypes than I don't know what to tell you. And yes I feel this nation is getting uptight because we're so PC about everything that people are wound up and can't truly express themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog