OT: Roy Hibbert Inappropriate Post-game Interview | The Boneyard

OT: Roy Hibbert Inappropriate Post-game Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone's favorite 3pt buzzer beating center got a little carried away in his post game press conference last night.

He began by calling reporters "motherf*ers" but the gem was (paraphraising) "Lebron was getting into the paint and really stretching me out- no homo"

Reaction Score
No big deal but I'm sure the gay mafia are gonna be out in full force demanding the NBA fine and reprimand him for it.

Reaction Score
So many elephants in the room running into each other within this topic. why did hibbert have to 'reach out' to Jason Collins? Smh

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No big deal but I'm sure the gay mafia are gonna be out in full force demanding the NBA fine and reprimand him for it.
Really? that's your attitude? How about if in the post game interview, Hansbrough referred to Lebron as a <edit - use your imagination>? I guess you'd make the same ignorant comment about the "black mafia" coming out in full force.

Reaction Score
Hibbert is an idiot for saying what he said and the N word should never be written on this board.

Reaction Score
Woah I think that's quite the STRETCH San Diego. One of those carries way more vitriol

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Woah I think that's quite the STRETCH San Diego. One of those carries way more vitriol
I was making a point. Perhaps there are degrees of "vitriol" in all the negative slurs used against gays, blacks, hispanics, etc. etc. But my point was to ace who seems to think it's "no big deal" and condescendingly referred to the "gay mafia" coming out in full force demanding an apology.

The "gay mafia" shouldn't have to do anything. People SHOULD be educated when using an insulting slur. It's not the end of the world that Hibbert said what he did. Someone hopefully pulled him aside and said "not cool" and he'll learn from it.

Reaction Score
Gay or not, its funny. Probably saw a few reporters raise their eyebrows on the 'stretching me out part', and added the clarification at the end.
I'm sure he will get a pass he was talking about himself. Funny as though.

Reaction Score
I was making a point. Perhaps there are degrees of "vitriol" in all the negative slurs used against gays, blacks, hispanics, etc. etc. But my point was to ace who seems to think it's "no big deal" and condescendingly referred to the "gay mafia" coming out in full force demanding an apology.

The "gay mafia" shouldn't have to do anything. People SHOULD be educated when using an insulting slur. It's not the end of the world that Hibbert said what he did. Someone hopefully pulled him aside and said "not cool" and he'll learn from it.

...and saying the term "no homo" is a gay slur is where we disagree and won't agree. Its an immature, played out joke that I'm surprised still has legs in 2013 but saying its a slur is absurd imo, its not even directed at anyone. Not even in the same realm as Tyler H coming out and referring to Lebron as an N word, lmao @ that ridiculous stretch. So I guess when Gus Johnson halted an interview with Spike Lee after he said he "liked D**k"(as in Dan Dickau) to say "pause" he was using a gay slur? Or the same when Dwight Howard referred to Andrew Bynum as "long"? Sophomoric and immature, yes, slur I just don't see it like that.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Freedom of speech. I don't see a problem, but from Hibbert's perspective he is digging himself a grave.

Reaction Score
Vogel spoke to the media today and said that Roy was sorry for what he said and realized it was a mistake.

We can move on now.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this won't stop Hibbert from dominating Lebron down low, pause no homo.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Vogel spoke to the media today and said that Roy was sorry for what he said and realized it was a mistake.

We can move on now.

Lord knows what Roy would have said instead of Vogel.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
...and saying the term "no homo" is a gay slur is where we disagree and won't agree. Its an immature, played out joke that I'm surprised still has legs in 2013 but saying its a slur is absurd imo, its not even directed at anyone. Not even in the same realm as Tyler H coming out and referring to Lebron as an N word, lmao @ that ridiculous stretch. So I guess when Gus Johnson halted an interview with Spike Lee after he said he "liked D**k"(as in Dan Dickau) to say "pause" he was using a gay slur? Or the same when Dwight Howard referred to Andrew Bynum as "long"? Sophomoric and immature, yes, slur I just don't see it like that.
If you aren't gay then you have no place making a determination as to what is offensive or not. I'm pleased Hibbert realized it was an unfortunate and inappropriate comment. When he said Lebron was "stretching him out", I doubt ANYONE really thought he meant it in a sexual sense, so his "clarification" was completely unnecessary.

But I actually was more disappointed with your condescending comments regarding the "gay mafia demanding an apology". When no one laughs or disparages or makes jokes like "being stretched" wink wink, etc. then the "gay mafia" will no longer be necessary. Some people seem to think it's ok to make snide or derogatory comments with regards to gays by couching them in humor thinking it's ok. "Hey it was just a joke. Who cares?" But it's not ok. It's not the end of the world, but it's still not ok... Then again perhaps I misunderstood your comments.

Reaction Score

Isn't it the derogatory use of the phrase "homo" that bothers people? If he said "Lebron was down in the post stretching me out - I'm not gay" that seems less offensive; it just seems like a sophomoric joke that's probably in bad taste. I always thought it was the "homo" part that bothers people.

But then again I don't purport to lecture gay people on what they should be offended by, just like i don't lecture Spike Lee on what he should be offended by.

Reaction Score
Isn't it the derogatory use of the phrase "homo" that bothers people? If he said "Lebron was down in the post stretching me out - I'm not gay" that seems less offensive; it just seems like a sophomoric joke that's probably in bad taste. I always thought it was the "homo" part that bothers people.

But then again I don't purport to lecture gay people on what they should be offended by, just like i don't lecture Spike Lee on what he should be offended by.

its not the term, its not the joke. Its going into game 7 and a storyline is needed. As Cesspool vets know I am as liberal pro-gay rights as anyone but, this getting legs is theater of teh absurd. the fact that he "reached out to Jason Collins" makes it even more so.

Lets just play game 7.

Reaction Score
its not the term, its not the joke. Its going into game 7 and a storyline is needed. As Cesspool vets know I am as liberal pro-gay rights as anyone but, this getting legs is theater of teh absurd. the fact that he "reached out to Jason Collins" makes it even more so.

Lets just play game 7.

It's game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. There are plenty of story lines. That's a stretch. And I'm not sure what kind of "legs" this is getting. It doesn't seem like it's being treated like the scandal of the century.

Reaction Score
It's game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. There are plenty of story lines. That's a stretch. And I'm not sure what kind of "legs" this is getting. It doesn't seem like it's being treated like the scandal of the century.

the type of legs that cause a 75000 fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak