OT - Risk - The Game | The Boneyard

OT - Risk - The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
A few years ago someone brought an online Risk game to the board to replace the fail that was Mafia Wars.

Anywhere, there is a really cool online site where you can play Risk (the same game you played on a board with dice as a kid and alternatives that are very cool). If anyone is interested in some Boneyard only games, let me know and I'll set them up.

It's free and it's fun. Happy to PM anyone with a lot more information if interested in the details.

Landgrab.net

Reaction Score
I love risk. Im pretty sure ive signed up on that website before, but never got around to actually playing. Anyways, Im down to play.

Name is CTPride

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Depending on move frequency I might be in. Just can't monitor the game the whole day.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Depending on move frequency I might be in. Just can't monitor the game the whole day.
we can make the game 24 hours for a turn so you know you can get to it every night and not miss a turn.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You need to go the site and sign up so i can invite you to a specific game. We'll start with a standard risk game. After that, we can see what people want to do.... Or if a lot of people want to play, I'll pick a bigger map. Lets say Ill set it up on Friday.

Fishy you need to get in on this.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Okay, I'll give it a try if it does not take a huge amount of time. Fishy will be very glad to know that I am no longer "super busy." I signed up as, get this, "Dogbreath2U."

Send me information.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Okay, I'll give it a try if it does not take a huge amount of time. Fishy will be very glad to know that I am no longer "super busy." I signed up as, get this, "Dogbreath2U."

Send me information.

The amount of time spent is totally up to you. As an example, a real time game gives you 2 minutes to make your move (it can go a little longer if you don't stop doing things, but generally 2 minutes is plenty enough). I will set it up so you have 24 hours to complete your move. It really shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes if you're getting up to speed on the interface or spend some time contemplating strategy. Once your turn is complete, the timer starts for the next player, so it doesn't really take a day per person. There will be times when 4 to 7 players all move in a day. Depending on how people play, it could take anywhere from 5 days to 15 days. Or you could die after 2 days and your commitment is over :D.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
OK - so far I got:
me (jleves)
OkaForPrez
Dogbreath2U
CTPRide
CL82 (need confirmation on landgrab name)

That's actually enough but one or two more would be better.

Reaction Score
OK - so far I got:
me (jleves)
OkaForPrez
Dogbreath2U
CTPRide

That's actually enough but one or two more would be better.

I'm definitely in. Love Risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
OK - so far I got:
me (jleves)
OkaForPrez
Dogbreath2U
CTPRide
KembaSlice

Just about the perfect amount for an introductory classic game. One more wouldn't hurt .... Fishy are you joining this?

so for those playing, there are a few different ways I can go. I will use random placement but there are two different options after that. I can choose all of your territories to start with a fixed number (3) or I can let you load up your initial armies wherever you want. For those of you who haven't played, the placement would probably way favor me, while the fixed wouldn't so much. But the fixed game tends to take longer. Which would you prefer?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'd vote for placing our own armies but go with the flow

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Someone should come up with a site for 'Conference Realignment Risk'! Now that would be a fun game! Although everyone here would just put all of their armies around UConn and attack all day long while leaving one army on Rutgers and BC!:p

Reaction Score
I'm a maybe, can someone cut & Paste a game summary and exactly how it works. I just paged thru about a half-dozen things on that site about Risk and nothing even close to the directions on the back of the box-top. How about the rules, how to play, etc?! Thanks

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm a maybe, can someone cut & Paste a game summary and exactly how it works. I just paged thru about a half-dozen things on that site about Risk and nothing even close to the directions on the back of the box-top. How about the rules, how to play, etc?! Thanks

It's easy and plays exactly like the box game. You are in. About to start

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

I need your site name to start the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom