OT: Now playing for UConn Soccer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Now playing for UConn Soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
Meh I'd say I have watched a lot of soccer, and I went to games all the time at UConn. Just a genuinely relatively boring game to watch overall in my opinion. Now I just watch the World Cup to pull for Germany. It's a good excuse to drink There's some impressive finesse going on at the player level for sure. I guess I like sports where physical contact is a part of the game. I'd say soccer is far less of a contact sport than even basketball.
I've never played in the nba or in the champions league, but I captained both soccer and basketball in HS in CT. I will say that ciac soccer is at least as much contact as basketball, if not more. Maybe it's not apparent to a viewer, or more likely HS soccer is much different and lower skilled than anything you've watched.

Edit: not trying to come off combative or snarky I'm just comparing the contact in the two sports from my experience.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn990411 said:
This might be weird, but different people tend to have different interests...which means different people might enjoy different sports. Weird, I know.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This might be weird, but different people tend to have different interests...which means different people might enjoy different sports.

Weird, I know.
That's one he** of a %%#*&*&* balanced statement and has no place on a sports board.

Reaction Score
Have tickets on 8/30 for ADO Den Haag vs Ajax in Amsterdam. Much more interested in the crowd and environment than the actual game, although I do enjoy sharp and creative passing.

Interesting fact is that no fans from Den Haag are allowed at the game; you can only enter with an Ajax FC membership card or a foreign passport.

Finally, I thought I would get an Ajax jersey as a souvenir. Turns out the only graphics on the jersey are the large letters AEGON (a Dutch insurance company), an Adidas symbol on the right breast, and a tiny Ajax 'Greek helmet' logo on the left breast. Unless one knew that red and white are the Ajax colors you would be hard pressed to know to which team the jersey belonged.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Cyle Larin is tearing up MLS. Absolute terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom