OT: Need Some Weed? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Need Some Weed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
People should calm down. I started smoking when I was 40 yrs old after avoiding weed and alcohol growing up in the hood and throughout college. When I turned 35 I wanted to see what the fuss was with alcohol and for my 40th birthday I wanted to have my first weed experience . The weed "reefer "I had for my 40th birthday was from a buddy in New York and was absolute garbage.

Now, five years later, I keep about a $50 bag of premium Buds ( Ct.'s finest ) at home and a tall bottle of Guiness Stout , for celebrations and special moments. I only smoke by myself or with the Mrs.. During my first experience with "excellent" buds I had an out of body experience in which i saw The light of all my chakras . It was that good . Lol!!! It was truly a vibrational, Spiritual experience.

I soon learned that theres a difference between " reefer" and premium buds, sativa, etc. There's a difference in the botany and treatment I guess . Im no expert . Between five years ago and now I probably smoked ten times. It depends on the individual and maturity . Maybe if I started smoking in college I would've ran down the halls naked or got hooked. Who knows?

As I type this post , I'm at a friends house in Durham , North Carolina . She's a professional chef that actually cooks with cannabis. I'll probably be eating cannabis brownies at some point this weekend and clogging toilets on the Duke campus. Beautiful !!!!!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed and totally wrong. I was thinking Colorado. My sincere apologies to zyron.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Or have been around stoners...

That's the best anti-legalization argument. I've never met anyone who is into weed that wasn't really really into weed. It's worse than a bunch of fantasy football guys.

Enabling that crowd doesn't seem like it would

I guaranty you that the only reason you have come away with this perception is because most people don't reveal to you they smoke. I am a practicing attorney and Community leader. I also grew up in Connecticut and went to Uconn law. I know that the majority of the student body there also smokes. I have three children. Life's been good to me. I have always smoked. And there is no way in hell I would spend any social moment of my life with someone like you. I only spend time with people like you, when they're paying my hourly rate. I know numerous doctors, lawyers, business executives, engineers that smoke regularly and are not obsessed with it, but rather do it when they are relaxing amongst like-minded people (I.e. People not like you).

Dmike

Reaction Score
Has anyone mentioned yet the estimates that some 60% to 70% of NBA players are regular users?

My jump shot improves. Plus, my skiing improves in artistic expression. Glad I move to Colorado from CT.

Dmike

Reaction Score
Pot is legal in Oregon (zyron, I hope the pot industry chooses you for their lobbyist))
0.3 % of Americas prisoners are in prison for possession of pot. And that is after plea bargaining)
I want no one in prison for marijuana possession
Adolescent pot use has been steadily increasing for about the past 5 years.
I never watch Fox news

But for those of you that are angry because I don't think pot should be sold by venture capitalists with MBAs from Harvard and Yale with Madison Avenue advertising that will market to kids (like alcohol does and tobacco did), I don't think there is anything more to say.

For those of you that disagree with me and saw this thread as an exchange of ideas, I thank you

Medical use is legal in Oregon, but only Colorado and Washington have legalized recreational use.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I live in CO and can confirm people are getting high and raping each other in the streets. Definitely continue on to Utah.

Better blow there too.

I mean snow.

Reaction Score
Horatio said:
People should calm down. I started smoking when I was 40 yrs old after avoiding weed and alcohol growing up in the hood and throughout college. When I turned 35 I wanted to see what the fuss was with alcohol and for my 40th birthday I wanted to have my first weed experience . The weed "reefer "I had for my 40th birthday was from a buddy in New York and was absolute garbage. Now, five years later, I keep about a $50 bag of premium Buds ( Ct.'s finest ) at home and a tall bottle of Guiness Stout , for celebrations and special moments. I only smoke by myself or with the Mrs.. During my first experience with "excellent" buds I had an out of body experience in which i saw The light of all my chakras . It was that good . Lol!!! It was truly a vibrational, Spiritual experience. I soon learned that theres a difference between " reefer" and premium buds, sativa, etc. There's a difference in the botany and treatment I guess . Im no expert . Between five years ago and now I probably smoked ten times. It depends on the individual and maturity . Maybe if I started smoking in college I would've ran down the halls naked or got hooked. Who knows? As I type this post , I'm at a friends house in Durham , North Carolina . She's a professional chef that actually cooks with cannabis. I'll probably be eating cannabis brownies at some point this weekend and clogging toilets on the Duke campus. Beautiful !!!!!!

I love this post. Have a great weekend. Go slow on the brownies or they'll hit you like a Mack truck.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I love this post. Have a great weekend. Go slow on the brownies or they'll hit you like a Mack truck.
My only regret is I didn't bring a Uconn T-shirt or hat to wear around here. I'm
Right in the heart of Duke country.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
q3fhqxZ.jpg

Reaction Score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...5-percent-fewer-prescription-overdose-deaths/

States that allow medical marijuana have 25 percent fewer prescription drug overdose deaths, a team of researchers finds in a newly released academic paper, suggesting that expanded access to marijuana, often used for its purported pain-alleviating qualities, could have unintended benefits.

Replacing Vicodin or Oxycodone or even Xanax with marijuana can only be good. No physiological addiction (yes, you can develop a psychological dependence, but that's not the same thing), and it's literally impossible to overdose on it.

August_West

Reaction Score
Replacing Vicodin or Oxycodone or even Xanax with marijuana can only be good. No physiological addiction (yes, you can develop a psychological dependence, but that's not the same thing), and it's literally impossible to overdose on it.
well yeah, Narcotics are DANGEROUS drugs. Marijuana not so much. And I am pro using marijuana whenever possible in lieu of any narcotic. However, one of the few times I smoked in the last 2 decades (and even tried an edible too) was after my ACL replacement surgery this past winter. My wife begged me to try it, as I lost a brother to narcotics and my extended family tries to stay off them whenever humanly possible.

Pot did not work (for me at least) and in fact made me more hyper sensitive to the pain I was in. Next time around I reached for a percocet and got sweet relief. So from my personal experience, it does not have the same pain killing properties in every case or for every use. Especially acute pain. I see it is as more useful for other types of pain where muscle relaxation and what not is more of a factor. There is a place in this world for PROPER use of narcotics, it is just that the potential for abuse is astronomically high compared to really any other substance out there.

Reaction Score
well yeah, Narcotics are DANGEROUS drugs. Marijuana not so much. And I am pro using marijuana whenever possible in lieu of any narcotic. However, one of the few times I smoked in the last 2 decades (and even tried an edible too) was after my ACL replacement surgery this past winter. My wife begged me to try it, as I lost a brother to narcotics and my extended family tries to stay off them whenever humanly possible.

Pot did not work (for me at least) and in fact made me more hyper sensitive to the pain I was in. Next time around I reached for a percocet and got sweet relief. So from my personal experience, it does not have the same pain killing properties in every case or for every use. Especially acute pain. I see it is as more useful for other types of pain where muscle relaxation and what not is more of a factor. There is a place in this world for PROPER use of narcotics, it is just that the potential for abuse is astronomically high compared to really any other substance out there.

Are you sure you had the proper strain? Some strains are supposed to increase sensitivity and stimulate you.. others are designed to do the opposite

Reaction Score
Are you sure you had the proper strain? Some strains are supposed to increase sensitivity and stimulate you.. others are designed to do the opposite
Yeah unfortunately pot is fairly nuanced as well, but lickily it has a loooong history of scientific cultivation lol so we do have a fairly good understanding of its effects, its just not mainstream knowledge obviously

August_West

Reaction Score

Yeah, Im sure.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

probably had a strain that didnt have enough cbd in it and a lot of thc(ill have to double check that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom