OT: Need Some Weed? | The Boneyard

OT: Need Some Weed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pot legally coming to CT, albeit for medical usage: linky

I really think this country should expunge arrest records for those criminally charged with a minuscule amount of pot in years past. I also think they should not test for weed for job applicants (unless of course you work for a dispensary).

For those teens and young folks whose parents/grandparents qualify they must be in heaven.

I may be wrong but in time pot = alcohol just like how playing numbers = state lotto, both being illegal at some point.

Reaction Score
Pot is demonstrably less harmful than alcohol, and it has more tangible benefits, so I'd be surprised if it didn't eventually become a much smaller deal than booze.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Kitaman said:
Pot legally coming to CT, albeit for medical usage: linky I really think this country should expunge arrest records for those criminally charged with a minuscule amount of pot in years past. I also think they should not test for weed for job applicants (unless of course you work for a dispensary). For those teens and young folks whose parents/grandparents qualify they must be in heaven. I may be wrong but in time pot = alcohol just like how playing numbers = state lotto, both being illegal at some point.

Open TODAY in south Windsor

Qualifying for a med card is WAY different than out west though.
http://primewellnessofct.com/obtaining-a-connecticut-medical-marijuana-card/

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
got my medical card when i moved to michigan. best decision i've ever made. other than going to uconn of course.

Reaction Score
Weed is stupid I know people who smoke this crap like cigarretes and barely get high. If this crap becomes legal young kids going be smoking it and sooner or later they too will stop getting high of this crap which will lead them to other drugs which will lead them to doing some rather stupid crap.
All the people who support this are simply pot heads who just think ab out them selves and not the effect it will have to others who dont feel or have the need to get high.

We have kids hanging on the streets punching pregnant women or whoever for the fun of it in a game called " Knock Out Game" cant imagine what they would on drugs. Weed is the gateway to other drugs, and whoever says other wise are in denial the same way alcoholics deny being alcoholics.

legalizing this crap is bad I'll even say is worse then my grammar

Reaction Score
Weed is stupid I know people who smoke this crap like cigarretes and barely get high. If this crap becomes legal young kids going be smoking it and sooner or later they too will stop getting high of this crap which will lead them to other drugs which will lead them to doing some rather stupid crap.
All the people who support this are simply pot heads who just think ab out them selves and not the effect it will have to others who dont feel or have the need to get high.

We have kids hanging on the streets punching pregnant women or whoever for the fun of it in a game called " Knock Out Game" cant imagine what they would on drugs. Weed is the gateway to other drugs, and whoever says other wise are in denial the same way alcoholics deny being alcoholics.

this def ISN'T ct legend peter dante

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score

You definitely aren't the fictional weed dealer, Dante from Grandma's Boy either...

5d617c971d0b2fe45cec4aa3e3887583c98e06804e77a8d6b93df60f4dc53de4_zps158b4a84.jpg

THC

Reaction Score

What an idiot.

Reaction Score

Well-argued, sir.

August_West

Reaction Score

Did you work with Nancy Reagan on the "Just say no" campaign?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Poor grammar indicates incredibility...and not in a good way.

Given similar backgrounds and experiences, an undisclosed pothead with decent grammar and speaking ability would get a job (and keep it) over a Teetotaler who speaks/writes poorly.

...We have kids...

Stop right there.

Marijuana would be just as illegal to minors as alcohol currently is. Those who drink underage are breaking similar laws and those who smoke or ingest THC already know how to get it. If those "playing" the knock out game will be just as high if weed were legal as they are now. Legality has nothing to do with it.

That said, I wouldn't mind if Marijuana were legal only because I don't mind now that it isn't. Would I smoke it? Maybe. I used to dabble a bit is college, but even then I preferred a couple beers to a joint and I haven't had so much as a contact high since I was 26. The factors used to support its original FDA Schedule 1 designation have been proven mostly unfounded over the years, and when used moderately and responsibly (as with alcohol) it is more or less as harmful(less) as alcohol. Weed is actually no more than a gateway drug than alcohol is.

If it were to become Colorado or Washington-legal here, I would venture a guess that there would be designated places to smoke and it would still be a crime to smoke it in public (just like in Amsterdam). In other words, there wouldn't be any more of a purple fog over UConn tailgate parties than there is now.

phillionaire

Reaction Score

hahahahahahaha

ahem

HAHAHAHAHAHA

this is worse than reefer madness

Also, "can't imagine what they would (do) on drugs"? what do you consider alcohol? tobacco? are they now nutritional supplements?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I was pro-legalization before but now I've seen the light! What a terrific anecdotal, non-scientifically-based argument you made there!

Reaction Score
I have no scientific evidence, but I am pretty convinced that pot alone would not make you even consider the knockout game, unless perhaps the person was holding a big bag of Cheetos (and you were already off the couch). Heard lots of stories about drunken bar brawls, but not many at Grateful Dead shows. (I was going to include Jimmy Buffett in that, but turns out there actually was a guy killed in a fight outside a Buffett concert in 2012. Who knew?)

Personally, in my younger days, I enjoyed the mellow feeling of being high a lot more than the out of control feeling of being drunk. It was more up my alley. Not to mention I felt a lot better the next morning.

Reaction Score

Dude- if anyone on this board needs a good hit of weed it is you.
I have smoked for over 25 years- never abused it- I am running my third successful company that I created. Not everyone that smokes is a idiot.
If you abuse weed it can have a negative effect on your life- same as alcohol- if you eat poorly even that can kill you over time.
Advice- switch to decaf- it seems coffee might not be your thing either.

August_West

Reaction Score
Here's the deal. I don't even engage the anti weed opposition now. there are so many absolute facts now about medical benefits and banality of recreational use that it is pointless arguing against the anti's as obviously they just don't want to get it.

BTW some of you who know me may find this hard to believe given I'm a deadhead and musician, I haven't smoked but 2-3 times in the last 18 years. It's not for me anymore. However, I couldn't be more pro-legalization. It is one of the great hypocrisies in this country.

I will say one thing that I think is going to hurt legalization is the Relatively new use is Butane Hash Oil , aka Dabs, shatter, wax, whatever you want to call it. It is 80% THC and that is strong as heck. In the 70s you were lucky if you got 5% in your grass and I mean lucky. It is way too strong if you are not pro stoner with huge tolerance and people who are not are having unpredictable reactions to it. Plus the preparation and oil rig used to smoke reminds people of smoking crack. Not the public perception you want after making after all this progress.

The same with edibles. Edibles can be a bad time to an inexperienced person who eats too much. Just read Maureen Dowds NYT piece about her experience: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/opinion/dowd-dont-harsh-our-mellow-dude.html?referrer=&_r=0 It could have been a glowing pro legalization piece if she ate the right amount. We

Reaction Score
Here's the deal. I don't even engage the anti weed opposition now. there are so many absolute facts now about medical benefits and banality of recreational use that it is pointless arguing against the anti's as obviously they just don't want to get it.
BTW some of you who know me may find this hard to believe given I'm a deadhead and musician, I haven't smoked but 2-3 times in the last 18 years. It's not for me anymore. However, I couldn't be more pro-legalization.
It is one of the great hypocrisies in this country. Now I will say one thing that I think is going to hurt legalization is the Relatively new use is Butane Hash Oil , aka Dabs, shatter, wax, whatever you want to call it. It is 80% THC and that is strong as heck. In the 70s you were lucky if you got 5% in your grass and I mean lucky. It is way too strong if you are not pro stoner with huge tolerance and people who are not are having unpredictable reactions to it. Plus the preparation and oil rig used to smoke reminds people of smoking crack. Not the public perception you want after making after all this progress.

The same with edibles. Edibles can be a bad time to an inexperienced person who eats too much. Just read Maureen Dowds NYT piece about her experience: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/opinion/dowd-dont-harsh-our-mellow-dude.html?referrer=&_r=0
It could have been a glowing pro legalization piece if she ate the right amount. We

If you're going to win people over, you can't just drone on like Ben Stein, you've got to have a little more showmanship. Watch:

phillionaire

Reaction Score

BTW some of you who know me may find this hard to believe given I'm a deadhead and musician, I haven't smoked but 2-3 times in the last 18 years. It's not for me anymore. However, I couldn't be more pro-legalization. It is one of the great hypocrisies in this country.

I will say one thing that I think is going to hurt legalization is the Relatively new use is Butane Hash Oil , aka Dabs, shatter, wax, whatever you want to call it. It is 80% THC and that is strong as heck. In the 70s you were lucky if you got 5% in your grass and I mean lucky. It is way too strong if you are not pro stoner with huge tolerance and people who are not are having unpredictable reactions to it. Plus the preparation and oil rig used to smoke reminds people of smoking crack. Not the public perception you want after making after all this progress.

The same with edibles. Edibles can be a bad time to an inexperienced person who eats too much. Just read Maureen Dowds NYT piece about her experience: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/opinion/dowd-dont-harsh-our-mellow-dude.html?referrer=&_r=0 It could have been a glowing pro legalization piece if she ate the right amount. We
dabs are the best though

August_West

Reaction Score
phillionaire said:
dabs are the best though

Obviously you are a pro stoner :).

Reaction Score
Huh man!! Just reading this made me fire up a blunt. Man people over think this. There are bigger and more important things going on right now. Anyway I keyboard this in slow motion and its time for a bud.
Huh? Umm. You may need something stronger. Jusss sayin! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom