OT: Mo'ne pitches Wednesday at 7:30 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Mo'ne pitches Wednesday at 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If this young lady is as talented in basketball as she is in baseball Geno may have another future superstar on his hands!
She said baseball is her 3rd best sport, basketball is her best.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno called her according to the broadcast team.

Reaction Score
Mo'ne pitched pretty well, but the Vegas team is kick ass. The better TEAM won. In a way, I'm glad all this media attention is over.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
The team will get to play again under the rules of the tournament. She may yet beat the SI jinx! And she will be able to pitch as she only thru 55 pitches last night. What a kid!

Reaction Score
I was disappointed in the Philly team last night. They were openly complaining about the umpire behind home plate. I know that they were frustrated and some of the calls were marginal but that attitude is not called for. Mo'Ne got into it too.

Reaction Score
I was disappointed in the Philly team last night. They were openly complaining about the umpire behind home plate. I know that they were frustrated and some of the calls were marginal but that attitude is not called for. Mo'Ne got into it too.

I am probably going to catch some flack for this but it certainly won't be the first time so what the heck. I have a real problem with the level of umpiring at the LLWS. Every game I watch the umpiring gets worse and worse. I have seen blown call after blown call {even with replay available}, strike zones that change inning to inning with no consistency, out of place umpires that have run into players at least twice, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. I understand that the umpires are volunteers and that they are doing their best but unfortunately for the kids their best is just not good enough. Some will say it is LL and that is not what matters but I say can you imagine working as hard as you can and earning a trip to LLWS for a chance to represent your country and having it taken away by an incompetent umpire? All of this could be remedied if LL Baseball took the top 10 umpires from the regional events and paid for their trip and stay in Williamsport and while there recognized them for being top umpires. This would give the umpires an added incentive to be the very best they could be and the umpiring would finally be on the same level as the play at the LLWS.

Reaction Score
As long as Geno explains to her that she's not guaranteed playing time....
Geno will probably just tell her what he tells all the top recruits these days: that he doesn't need her.

Reaction Score
I am probably going to catch some flack for this but it certainly won't be the first time so what the heck. I have a real problem with the level of umpiring at the LLWS. Every game I watch the umpiring gets worse and worse. I have seen blown call after blown call {even with replay available}, strike zones that change inning to inning with no consistency, out of place umpires that have run into players at least twice, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. I understand that the umpires are volunteers and that they are doing their best but unfortunately for the kids their best is just not good enough. Some will say it is LL and that is not what matters but I say can you imagine working as hard as you can and earning a trip to LLWS for a chance to represent your country and having it taken away by an incompetent umpire? All of this could be remedied if LL Baseball took the top 10 umpires from the regional events and paid for their trip and stay in Williamsport and while there recognized them for being top umpires. This would give the umpires an added incentive to be the very best they could be and the umpiring would finally be on the same level as the play at the LLWS.
I don't disagree about the umpiring. It was the worst I've seen it since I've been watching the LL World Series. However, I still don't think it's appropriate for the kids to be reacting the way they did. When they begin to lose control, they are just not as effective. If I'm the manager, I tell the kids to just walk away and let me worry about it.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Geno will probably just tell her what he tells all the top recruits these days: that he doesn't need her.

More likely he won't promise her playing time.

Or suggest a couple good Italian restaurants back in Philly.

Reaction Score
You all know what this means...she's doomed. The SI cover jinx will get her it is only a matter of time....:(
Yeah, remember poor Rick Mount under the lamppost, and he was already in High School...

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I knew we were DOOMED when SI ran that cover of Diana and Okafor at the start of the 2003-2004 season.

But wait............:D

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I knew we were DOOMED when SI ran that cover of Diana and Okafor at the start of the 2003-2004 season.

But wait..:D
1124_large.jpg

Yes that cover did give one pause but the negative vibes created by that cover were completely washed away by her Boneyard Mag Cover that season.

D_surfer4_75.jpg

We know who controls the Mojo around here.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom