OT: Mo'ne pitches Wednesday at 7:30 | The Boneyard

OT: Mo'ne pitches Wednesday at 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Team is still undefeated...a wild rally over Texas helped by an error....won 7-6.
Mo'ne had a nice day at the plate while playing several positions in the field....no pitching
due to last game pitch count.

I saw a delightful interview with her where she repeated her desire to play point for Geno in college
and then head to the WNBA. Keep a level head, kiddo....go Mo'ne.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I follow Dawn Staley on twitter and she's now tweeting about Mo'ne. Guess she's now recruiting her. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bleed Blue Blog ‏@BleedBlueBlog
Mo'ne Davis is repping UConn pic.twitter.com/LwGkdkP0wP

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! :mad:

It's the middle of August in central Pennsylvania. People should not have to wear sweatshirts (hoodies) and coats. I myself had to wear a sweatshirt the other night..in August :eek:. These are supposed to be the dog days. We really have to work on this global warming, it is not working at all. We need more aerosol.

Reaction Score
She played at short then replaced the first baseman when he pitched an inning. That speaks to her overall athletic ability.

Geno should be very worried about this determined young lady. He is going to have to delay his retirement plans.

Reaction Score
This is from Sportzedge.com of Channel 8 here in CT! UCONN connection in red!

Little League sensation Mo’Ne Davis wants to play basketball at UConn
AP Photo
By: Kels Dayton
She’s the biggest thing in sports right now.
13-year old, 111-pound Mo’Ne Davis from South Philadelphia, a combination of Babe Ruth and Babe Didrikson-Zaharias all in one.

http://sportzedge.com/2014/08/19/li...mone-davis-wants-to-play-basketball-at-uconn/

[mod edit: Please do not copy/paste complete articles from other sources. A short teaser is allowed and provide a link. Respect other people and sites copyrights]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I think Jim Penders has a chance to get this kid, too.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
As long as Geno explains to her that she's not guaranteed playing time....

Reaction Score
Team is still undefeated...a wild rally over Texas helped by an error....won 7-6.
Mo'ne had a nice day at the plate while playing several positions in the field....no pitching
due to last game pitch count.

I saw a delightful interview with her where she repeated her desire to play point for Geno in college
and then head to the WNBA. Keep a level head, kiddo....go Mo'ne.
the future uconn huskies... go mo'ne....

Reaction Score
As long as Geno explains to her that she's not guaranteed playing time....[/QUOTEworking hard guarantees playing time... i can't wait to see mo'ne in uconn uniform...

Reaction Score
I hope her team wins it. It'll be a huge positive thing for women's sports in general around the world.

I'll be watching.

Reaction Score
It will be fun to watch tonight and see what Davis can do against a real good hitting team like Nevada.

Reaction Score
If this young lady is as talented in basketball as she is in baseball Geno may have another future superstar on his hands!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO media is going overboard with all the Mo'Ne stories and attention. While Mo'Ne appears to be handling it, there has to be some additional pressure placed on her and the Philly team. What happens if she loses the game tonight, will they drop her like a hot potato? What happens if they win the game tonight, the Media attention on Mo'Ne will be ridiculous. I guess the stories are okay, as she does deserve the recognition, its all the Media Interviews they are asking her for that I have problems with. Sure she and her parents can say no, but that's hard to do.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Without seeing her take one dribble, I'd say this kid will do well no matter what or where she winds up. What poise for a 13 year old, bright and a natural leader, it seems, in the best sense. Wants to make sure her teammates aren't overlooked. I wouldn't be surprised (haven't followed her much, so maybe it's known) if she's a classroom achiever as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom