OT: Legends in Sports | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Legends in Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Eli held up his end of the bargain in those two games. I hate the Giants, but he came up big when he needed to.

Calling him a legend is laughable, but he's accomplished way too much to be called mediocre overall (although he's been pretty mediocre this season, if that sentence makes sense).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
ok legend was too far i agree. but he is a great qb, and earned those two sb

Reaction Score
Eli held up his end of the bargain in those two games. I hate the Giants, but he came up big when he needed to.

Calling him a legend is laughable, but he's accomplished way too much to be called mediocre overall (although he's been pretty mediocre this season, if that sentence makes sense).

The only thing this thread proves is the word "legend" is used loosely in this day and age. It really always has because I agree with those that legendary status goes way beyond those who have HOF status in their sports and instead should be dedicated to those who were a heckuva lot better than most. The Babe, Muhammed Ali, Michael Jordan, Bobby Orr, Vince Lombardi are among those types......

For those who somehow confuse mediocrity and luck with Eli though you need to rethink your knowledge of athletes!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Shocking that Bob Gibson is never mentioned in a legend thread.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I love when non-Giant fans do everything in their power to try and discredit Eli's status.

Two lucky passes? What a joke.

I'm a Giant fan and Eli is a legend here in NYC/NJ and I couldn't give a what a Patriot, Eagle, Cowboy or Jet has to say about it.

Reaction Score
What do you consider heaving a ball into triple coverage while running for your life? Skill? Catching a ball up against your helmet. Skill?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What do you consider heaving a ball into triple coverage while running for your life? Skill? Catching a ball up against your helmet. Skill?

during the helmet catch the pats defense had eli down but they let him spin out of a sack. that play was all on the pats d screwing up. manningham's catch was a great throw and catch you can't hate on that

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The window to drop the ball that Manningham caught was the size of a shoebox. A few inches off in any direction there is no chance of completing that pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom