OT: Legends in Sports | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Legends in Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They may have been involved in legendary games/moments, but in no world are those guys legends.

As of now, I don't even think Eli is a HOFer - not sure how you can be a "legend" without being one of the best in your game.

Your friend needs to be slapped if he says Eli is a legend.

What if Eli ends up winning a third ring? How about if he ends up with four? Will your collective opinions change at that point?

Reaction Score
is Zelda a legend, the real definition of the word legend is a story that you dont know whether it happened or not.

Reaction Score
Is David Tyree a legend he never played a single down the NFL after that Super Bowl 42 catch.

Reaction Score
yea that 27th ranked defense was lights out wasn't it?

Don't give me season long stats...what did your eyeballs tell you. DEFENSE won those games. Eli played well; but he wasn't the driving force in those games. He's far from mediocre; but legend? Not by my standards

Reaction Score
Don't give me season long stats...what did your eyeballs tell you. DEFENSE won those games. Eli played well; but he wasn't the driving force in those games. He's far from mediocre; but legend? Not by my standards
Eli out played Brady in both those games. Yet Brady walks on water and eli is lucky and sucks. Ok gotcha.

Reaction Score
My friend and I view this very differently. He contends that guys like Bucky Dent and Eli Manning are legends. I say the term is reserved for guys like Babe Ruth, Joe Montana and Larry Bird. Essentially, under my definition the guy had to have achieved greatness to be considered as a legend.

Your thoughts?
Bucky Dent is much more a legend in Boston than NY. And no where else.

Reaction Score
Eli out played Brady in both those games. Yet Brady walks on water and eli is lucky and sucks. Ok gotcha.

Have I mentioned Brady once? NO
Did I type Eli sucks? Actually the exact opposite.

Way to read, bro.

Reaction Score

Hey Jer, you kidding me this is wrong.....I agree with you!:eek:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

when any other qb wins a SB it's all the qb. when eli wins its luck and defense. every qb and team needs a lot of luck to even get to a sb. pats fans are just butt hurt cause they lost to eli and the gmen twice

Reaction Score
What if Eli ends up winning a third ring? How about if he ends up with four? Will your collective opinions change at that point?
We're really comparing Eli and Brady?

Okay then.

Reaction Score
in paper i see what you mean. but eli has beat him on the biggest stage twice, you have to admit thats impressive
It is, and he was truly a great player in 2011 from the start of the season through the Super Bowl.

But he hasn't been able to sustain that great play since, and quite frankly he just hasn't been good over the last two years. Calling him a legend (and comparing him to one like Brady) is simply inaccurate.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It is, and he was truly a great player in 2011 from the start of the season through the Super Bowl.

But he hasn't been able to sustain that great play since, and quite frankly he just hasn't been good over the last two years. Calling him a legend (and comparing him to one like Brady) is simply inaccurate.

it's true what you're saying but you can compare eli and brady

Reaction Score

he definetly outplayed Brady in that Superbowl, did you see how effed up he got against the Niners in the NFC title game.

Reaction Score

Im a Giants fan and I wouldnt call Eli a legend I would call him a villain.

Reaction Score
when any other qb wins a SB it's all the qb. when eli wins its luck and defense. every qb and team needs a lot of luck to even get to a sb. pats fans are just butt hurt cause they lost to eli and the gmen twice

Trent Dilfer would disagree with you.

Reaction Score
Trent Dilfer would disagree with you.

You were doing ok at first until you brought up Trent Dilfer, did Dilfer have 2 gw drives in a Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
That's hialrious.......you want a joke for a comparison you just made it sean!

read the quote I was refuting; boys. The claim was when a QB wins; it's all about him. I give you Trent Dilfer. The fact you guys are laughing at it, proves my point.

Reaction Score
read the quote I was refuting; boys. The claim was when a QB wins; it's all about him. I give you Trent Dilfer. The fact you guys are laughing at it, proves my point.

No one is saying it's all about the QB....they are just saying its not all about the defense! Your point was proven only to you but if you're okay with that so am i!

Reaction Score
No one is saying it's all about the QB....they are just saying its not all about the defense! Your point was proven only to you but if you're okay with that so am i!

Read the post...guy actually said it was all about the QB. In Dilfer's case it wasn't. My point was proven in spades...

Reaction Score
Read the post...guy actually said it was all about the QB. In Dilfer's case it wasn't. My point was proven in spades...

He said "when any other QB wins it's all about the QB...." but never said he believed it was all about Eli......either way I get your point but his point is well stated too......

The only person we heard about from the Pats fans was Tom Brady by the way.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom