OT: Josh Smith eligible for Georgetown this season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Josh Smith eligible for Georgetown this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Others get results as we wait for Facey decision...............................................

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I hope KF is sitting in his dark dorm room eating donuts as we speak. May be the only way we get him on the floor this season.

Reaction Score
UConn should sue based on APR alone. And that stooge from U. Hartford should be strung up by the nvtz, roman-style.

Reaction Score
"Excuse me Mark Emmerett, I'm real fat because I had to eat twinkies so much due to Ben Howlands treatment of me so can I please play at Georgetown again so I can lose weight?"

Thank you sir..........

Your first post was right. It's an "I'm too fat / my old coach was mean to me" waiver.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
UConn should sue based on APR alone. And that stooge from U. Hartford should be strung up by the nvtz, roman-style.

I had to like this because of the roman-style nvts.

Reaction Score
All joking aside. does anyone in America besides people who follow UConn basketball have any idea of the Facey situation? It seems not.

UCLA basically turned Shabazz Muhammed into Mandela when the NCAA was investigating him, and anyone with a brain knows that kid had no business playing college basketball. Presto-chango, he's cleared.

I'd like to hear a little more outrage. It'll kill me if this is the kind of thing where they just announce December 1 that he'll be eligible next season and UConn takes its medicine like an obedient child.

Reaction Score
All joking aside. does anyone in America besides people who follow UConn basketball have any idea of the Facey situation? It seems not.

UCLA basically turned Shabazz Muhammed into Mandela when the NCAA was investigating him, and anyone with a brain knows that kid had no business playing college basketball. Presto-chango, he's cleared.

I'd like to hear a little more outrage. It'll kill me if this is the kind of thing where they just announce December 1 that he'll be eligible next season and UConn takes its medicine like an obedient child.

I've seen it tweeted to Bilas a bunch of times, maybe he's waiting for the ruling to go into outrage mode, idk. If there's anyone to get on your side regarding an NCAA ruling its him. It would be nice for someone to at least question the holdup since this case has been in front of the NCAA since the summer, sh_t shouldn't be that hard to figure out if he's eligible or not. I saw plenty of stories regarding Tyler Roberson's situation from national guys and how the NCAA was holding him up from competing in Syr's overseas tour and the toll it was taking on him mentally, while not a peep for Facey besides just reporting that he hasn't been cleared yet.

Reaction Score
I've seen it tweeted to Bilas a bunch of times, maybe he's waiting for the ruling to go into outrage mode, idk. If there's anyone to get on your side regarding an NCAA ruling its him. It would be nice for someone to at least question the holdup since this case has been in front of the NCAA since the summer, sh_t shouldn't be that hard to figure out if he's eligible or not. I saw plenty of stories regarding Tyler Roberson's situation from national guys and how the NCAA was holding him up from competing in Syr's overseas tour and the toll it was taking on him mentally, while not a peep for Facey besides just reporting that he hasn't been cleared yet.

The bizarre thing about that is Roberson didn't have the credits until late August. By his own admission.

Reaction Score
RP has to sit out because of a terrible coach, but JS gets to play cause he's fat?

You do realize the Rodney Purvis was initially ruled ineligible last season by the NCAA because of his high school(which no longer even operates as a high school). The NC State staff stood behind Purvis 100 percent and did a great deal of work to help the young man become eligible to play as a freshman. If not for that, he might not have played even one minute last season and doubtfully would even have been admitted to UConn as a transfer student.

Reaction Score
Thank god we have a nc state fan hanging around to clear up any questions anytime rodney purvis gets mentioned

Reaction Score
Thank god we have a nc state fan hanging around to clear up any questions anytime rodney purvis gets mentioned

So happy to be there for you kind sir. Actually I havent had a lot to do lately . As for Purvis, I hope he plays lights out. Loved the kid and hated to see him go. I dont think his problems at NC State were of his own doings but involved other family and friends. Go get um Rodney.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You do realize the Rodney Purvis was initially ruled ineligible last season by the NCAA because of his high school(which no longer even operates as a high school). The NC State staff stood behind Purvis 100 percent and did a great deal of work to help the young man become eligible to play as a freshman. If not for that, he might not have played even one minute last season and doubtfully would even have been admitted to UConn as a transfer student.

thats nice, gotfried still sucks

Reaction Score
Ever since that man is in the office, I noticed the bipolar, schizophrenic reactions of NCAA :
any ruling or decision that may be infinitesimally detrimental to UConn Men BB is churning out in a nanosecond while those of any slight benefit to us is in eternal waiting mode (as the old saying goes when the pigs fly).

In this regard, UConn brass is probably doing its best to NOT demonstrate any antagonizing actions (such as lawsuit).

Incidentally, I watched the enemy of the state (Will Smith as Robert Dean) for the umpteenth time, I wonder if discrediting a person is that easy in real life....

Yeah it really seems like a lot of their policy decisions are based on emotion, self-interest and politics rather than objective reasoning. Like most authoritative bodies that want to stay in power. What's new?

Reaction Score

You need to pause and prepare yourself for the inevitable. Ollie is going to turn Purvis into a player, and people are going to naturally reflect on how Gottfried couldn't do it. It's going to happen.

Reaction Score
Dan Wolken@DanWolken 1m
Big for Oregon, another WTF waiver RT @Prehmmr247: Breaking News: Joseph Young has been cleared to play this season

So you get waivers for being overweight and for following your dad when he leaves the university because he doesn't want to be reassigned to a role outside of athletics. Makes perfect sense to me.

Hey, Emmert:
iyZiD.gif
9baaf0b1b2355811d6f8cfdd2eaebbfc.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members