OT: Josh Smith eligible for Georgetown this season | The Boneyard

OT: Josh Smith eligible for Georgetown this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we don't play Georgetown anymore.

Only reason why I wanted to post this is because it seems the NCAA has now opened the door to allow mid season transfers to play immediately. Strange what they accept for waivers nowadays. Smith played 6 games for UCLA last year and then transferred.

Purvis should have submitted one just for the hell of it. What've you go to lose?

Reaction Score
I'm not understanding the reasoning for why he can play right away, hopefully this at least means they are about to start handing out eligibility decisions en masse.

Reaction Score

Only reason why I wanted to post this is because it seems the NCAA has now opened the door to allow mid season transfers to play immediately. Strange what they accept for waivers nowadays. Smith played 6 games for UCLA last year and then transferred.

Purvis should have submitted one just for the hell of it. What've you go to lose?

Did they allow him because he's so freakin fat? The NCAA again, is such a joke!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
RP has to sit out because of a terrible coach, but JS gets to play cause he's fat?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
oreillycantexplain1.jpg

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Yet UCONN is still waiting for the decision on Kentan Facey....Grrr dangit I am still mad about that

Reaction Score
Yet UCONN is still waiting for the decision on Kentan Facey....Grrr dangit I am still mad about that
You gotta think that with every eligibility decision being made, KF's is moving up to the front of the line. Right? right?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You gotta think that with every eligibility decision being made, KF's is moving up to the front of the line. Right? right?

It should be at the top of the list but knowing the NCAA they will put it off till the second semester

Reaction Score
I'll say this again. A Syracuse kid was deemed not eligible earlier this summer, he then took courses in August!!!, completed them in late August. Somehow, the transcripts came in within a week of completion, and a week later, the NCAA had cleared the kid. In other words, they couldn't have cleared his application if they hadn't fast-tracked it.

Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN 1m
Been told Josh Smith got transfer waiver due to issues involving weight issues -- and also his treatment from ex-UCLA coach Ben Howland.

Wow...just...wow.

Goodman keeps reiterating how "scared" the NCAA is right now, hopefully they will fear the impending backlash if they rule KF ineligible and clear him.

Reaction Score
Goodman keeps reiterating how "scared" the NCAA is right now, hopefully they will fear the impending backlash if they rule KF ineligible and clear him.
That would be nice...

Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN 1m
Been told Josh Smith got transfer waiver due to issues involving weight issues -- and also his treatment from ex-UCLA coach Ben Howland.

Wow...just...wow.

"Excuse me Mark Emmerett, I'm real fat because I had to eat twinkies so much due to Ben Howlands treatment of me so can I please play at Georgetown again so I can lose weight?"

Thank you sir..........

Reaction Score
I hate G-town very much- so it pains me to see anything go their way.
If the NCAA does not clear KF in time to play in the first game- I think it is high time for UCONN to slap a law suit or at least make some public noise. Get someone to write about this in the NYT- go back to RB's problems last year- Call it "Persecution of UCONN continues" with a subtitle of "NCAA does not care about student athletes". KF was too good a student- so let him play and figure out how many years of eligibility he has while he is on the court. I mean this is plain stupid already.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I remember when posters, including myself, wanted to sign this kid.

Reaction Score
Ever since that man is in the office, I noticed the bipolar, schizophrenic reactions of NCAA :
any ruling or decision that may be infinitesimally detrimental to UConn Men BB is churning out in a nanosecond while those of any slight benefit to us is in eternal waiting mode (as the old saying goes when the pigs fly).

In this regard, UConn brass is probably doing its best to NOT demonstrate any antagonizing actions (such as lawsuit).

Incidentally, I watched the enemy of the state (Will Smith as Robert Dean) for the umpteenth time, I wonder if discrediting a person is that easy in real life....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom