ot:I am in hell...Providence vs St Johns on a major | The Boneyard

ot:I am in hell...Providence vs St Johns on a major

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are stuck on a fifth tier station for 30 percent of our games! This is ridiculous. More people would watch cricket then this game. I understand its not a national game but still. This game should be on ESPN 17

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Honestly, many stations run infomercials during Saturday afternoons. Very few newest BE games are aired on Fox proper.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
I dont really get what your saying... If its that Providence vs St Johns isnt a good game then your bugged cause these teams are both pretty good this year. The big east is awesome this year and disappointing that were not in it. St. Johns is very entertaining with the prince of phili and Providence has been solid all season

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We are stuck on a fifth tier station for 30 percent of our games! This is ridiculous. More people would watch cricket then this game. I understand its not a national game but still. This game should be on ESPN 17

You're dumber than f--- if you'd trade places with Providence or St. John's in terms of media carriage.

It's the land of 0.05 ratings.

Reaction Score
I am pissed because we are luck to to be on espnu Canada 3...

Reaction Score
You're dumber than f--- if you'd trade places with Providence or St. John's in terms of media carriage.

It's the land of 0.05 ratings.

Dicky when did I say I would trade...?

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
I am glad we arent on major station because we been playing ugly.. Lets keep this on the low....Off topic: I havent been on here for the past week because I don't need to read the people freaking out about these ugly games but it is what it is.. I see a lot of positives with this team. We clearly arent a top team this year and you could see that early. But this happens to a lot of programs especially after losing so many players... I think Hamilton and Brimah show plenty of positives for us, having them return with calhoun and purvis will be great for us. Its all about improving now so we are great next season...Lets just hope the recruiting picks up over the next few years

Reaction Score
4 championships in 16 years somehow equates to "Hell". Got it moron.

Serious question, do Providence and St Johns even have 4 NCAA tournament wins in the last 16 years?

Edit: I had to look up the answer, in the last 16 years, St John's has 3 NCAA tournament wins, Providence 0.

BTW UCONN has 38 wins in that time frame.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Noon Saturday game at MSG....

Where are the fans?

Play this game in Queens as per usual - not worth paying the bill to turn the lights on in the big building.

Reaction Score

What are you talking about? All of our games are on CBS, one of the ESPN networks, or CBSSN. We have a lot of problems but exposure is not one of them.

Reaction Score
4 championships in 16 years somehow equates to "Hell". Got it moron.

Serious question, do Providence and St Johns even have 4 NCAA tournament wins in the last 16 years?

Edit: I had to look up the answer, in the last 16 years, St John's has 3 NCAA tournament wins, Providence 0.

BTW UCONN has 38 wins in that time frame.

Are people drinking already for the big game.. when did I say I was jealous of historical crapy teams .. I am just shocked it is a network game and we are channel 1433

Reaction Score
Both teams are classic Big East teams in the top 50 RPI, and PC is definitely going to be in the discussion for the tournament.

I can't believe you're crying that UConn-UCF isn't on ESPN. Please go look at the schedule this season of who we play/ have played on CBS Sports.

Reaction Score
Are people drinking already for the big game.. when did I say I was jealous of historical crapy teams ..

The title of this thread implies you are jealous.

Now get busy and find the girl from South Carolina.

Reaction Score
[QUOIE="metsfan2323, post: 1210749, member: 1113"]The title of this thread implies you are jealous.

Now get busy and find the girl from South Carolina.[/QUOTE]

You inferred it. I did not imply it..:)
just funny that there is not a better game to pick from.

Reaction Score
[QUOIE="metsfan2323, post: 1210749, member: 1113"]The title of this thread implies you are jealous.

Now get busy and find the girl from South Carolina.

You inferred it. I did not imply it..:)
just funny that there is not a better game to pick from.[/QUOTE]

What other conference has a Fox contact? I think the Pac might but it's way too early for them to have a game at noon eastern time on a Saturday.

I don't understand your misplaced frustration that an established old rivalry
Is getting coverage on Fox at noon on Saturday when espn and other networks have contracts with other conferences.

There was literally 11 noon games today and I think only 2 of those games (2 big east games) have a contract with Fox

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
About half as many people were at PC-St. John's as were at Cornell-Penn State HOCKEY at MSG last month.

The Big East cannot fill these buildings anymore.

Reaction Score
superjohn pointed out Kris Dunn's improvement and I guess we saw some of that in the 2nd half while he tried to put them on his shoulders. Good sized kid and NBA long, could get there for sure if he improves steadily like that with the dribble.

Reaction Score
The Big East is clinging to relevancy thanks to its big names. Or, more accurately, by the big-name teams that used to be in the conference (namely, UConn, Louisville, Syracuse).

That conference is just as doomed as the AAC, if not more.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
About half as many people were at PC-St. John's as were at Cornell-Penn State HOCKEY at MSG last month.

The Big East cannot fill these buildings anymore.

The Garden is a particular issue for St. John's.

They're obligated to the building for a certain number of dates and the number of teams that can fill the building is much lower.

You can't expect Providence to sell MSG. It's not a big name, they don't travel and no one is buying walk up because Providence is in town.

That's why Providence was strictly Queens-fare in recent memory and that's how you only put 6,000-7,000 in MSG on a Saturday afternoon.

Reaction Score

They're obligated to the building for a certain number of dates and the number of teams that can fill the building is much lower.

You can't expect Providence to sell MSG. It's not a big name, they don't travel and no one is buying walk up because Providence is in town.

That's why Providence was strictly Queens-fare in recent memory and that's how you only put 6,000-7,000 in MSG on a Saturday afternoon.

Sounded like the PC fans did a decent job today getting there but let's admit it's never going to be the same as UConn-Johnnies on a Saturday afternoon or evening. Them were the days!

zls44

Reaction Score

Aah. Thanks for the background.

So they're probably taking quite the bath on that lease.

zls44

Reaction Score
Sounded like the PC fans did a decent job today getting there but let's admit it's never going to be the same as UConn-Johnnies on a Saturday afternoon or evening. Them were the days!

#BlameJarvis

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Aah. Thanks for the background.

So they're probably taking quite the bath on that lease.

I have to imagine so - look at their attendance this year.

Duke sold the place out, but otherwise they're struggling to get more than 6,000 actual bodies into the building.

Gonzaga, Nova...didn't matter. Tickets aren't moving.

Reaction Score
Scary thing is they have a pretty fun team to watch, despite having a good guy, yet lackluster coach and no depth. It's not going to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom